Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 9:12:12 AM EDT

Anti-nude law
KOd by Fla. court

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - Let's get naked!
A federal judge struck down Daytona Beach's anti-nudity laws, saying they're unconstitutional.

Regulations prohibiting public nudity and nudity in places that sell alcohol violate the First and 14th amendments' protections of free speech and equal protection, the judge decided.

Daytona Beach also failed to prove its claim that adult nightclubs create secondary negative impacts on levels of crime, prostitution and illegal drug activity in neighborhoods, the judge wrote.

"We won on every single issue," said Daniel Aaronson, a lawyer representing Lollipops Gentleman's Club in its federal lawsuit.

Public nudity has been an issue at some Daytona Beach gatherings, such as Biketoberfest and Spring Break.

City officials said they're considering an appeal.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wn_report/story/384732p-326562c.html

hey, if god wanted us nude, we would be born that way!....

its legal in ohio for chiks to walk around topless as well...
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:14:42 AM EDT
[#1]
yay for boobies
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:27:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Anti-nude law
KOd by Fla. court

A federal judge struck down...

-snip-

prohibiting public nudity and nudity in places that sell alcohol violate the First and 14th amendments' protections of free speech and equal protection, the judge decided.

-snip-

Hmmmm.  Regardless of how I feel about the law, it seems like there is some serious contorted and made up judicial vomit there.  This is another example of a judiciary run amok, but since we can continue to see boobs, no one here will care.

An appeal to a real court would most likely overturn the lower courts decision.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:29:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Anti-nude law
KOd by Fla. court

-snip-

prohibiting public nudity and nudity in places that sell alcohol violate the First and 14th amendments' protections of free speech and equal protection, the judge decided.

-snip-

Hmmmm.  Regardless of how I feel about the law, it seems like there is some serious contorted and made up judicial vomit there.  This is another example of a judiciary run amok, but since we can continue to see boobs, no one here will care.

Yeah, whatever....

Oh no! People are naked! Oh the death and destruction!!!

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:31:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Of course, the store owner reserves the right to refuse service to ANYONE for ANY reason.

If its hurting the store owner's business he can throw the person out.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:32:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Just remember, yay for boobies means yay for 60 year old fat men to walk around with their wrinkled wang sticking out.

It will probably be overturned anyhow.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:36:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yeah, whatever....

Imagine nekid people with machineguns! Boobies and belt-fed.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:37:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anti-nude law
KOd by Fla. court

-snip-

-snip-

Yeah, whatever....

he's not complaining about naked people, he's saying that this judge is really going out on a limb to justify his ruling.  this could cause problems later on with "real" cases.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:38:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anti-nude law
KOd by Fla. court

-snip-

-snip-

Yeah, whatever....

Yeah, that is exactly what I said.  

"we love ultra-liberal courts and contorted judicial rulings, if they result in more eye-candy"

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:39:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anti-nude law
KOd by Fla. court

-snip-

-snip-

Yeah, whatever....

he's not complaining about naked people, he's saying that this judge is really going out on a limb to justify his ruling.  this could cause problems later on with "real" cases.

Exactomundo!  
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:49:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Anti-nude law
KOd by Fla. court

A federal judge struck down Daytona Beach's anti-nudity laws, saying they're unconstitutional.

Regulations prohibiting public nudity and nudity in places that sell alcohol violate the First and 14th amendments' protections of free speech and equal protection, the judge decided.

Daytona Beach also failed to prove its claim that adult nightclubs create secondary negative impacts on levels of crime, prostitution and illegal drug activity in neighborhoods, the judge wrote.

"We won on every single issue," said Daniel Aaronson, a lawyer representing Lollipops Gentleman's Club in its federal lawsuit.

Public nudity has been an issue at some Daytona Beach gatherings, such as Biketoberfest and Spring Break.

hey, if god wanted us nude, we would be born that way!....

its legal in ohio for chiks to walk around topless as well...

I went there during the Daytona 500 week.

Holy shit........they had the most beautiful chicks I have ever seen. They had 150 girls working and 147 of them were the best looking strippers from all over North America.

I usually don't care for strip joints, but I had a hell of a time.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:56:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Great news. Maybe the .gov in B'ham will leave the titty bars alone now.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah, whatever....

Belt-fed boobies?  I dunno, sounds kinda like some freaky fetish to me.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:02:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah, whatever....

I have a video of a woman in a bikini shooting an SBR AR15 full auto from the hip!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:30:23 AM EDT
[#14]
This sounds like an important civil rights issue. I suggest we start right now to organize big crowds of naked people to demonstrate their rights in cities across America. (We will wait for warmer weather, of course.)

Isn't this an important women's rights issue? Why should their boobies be illegal when men's are not?  This sounds like a job for NOW.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:52:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Tag so I can forward to the Anchortown mayor .
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#16]
The government should not be regulating nude dancing by adults at clubs if thats what they want to do for a living and theres a demand for it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:06:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah, whatever....

I have a video of a woman in a bikini shooting an SBR AR15 full auto from the hip!

Gimme. Now.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:07:25 PM EDT
[#18]
(*)(*)
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#19]
sweet now    the bars can be nude and not bikini bottoms  and duct tape over their nipples

hell we only got  1 worth going to ( lollipops) the other 4-5 are full of skanky crack heads!

and its funny,, cuz to be in the all nude parts   they'd sell 5$ bottles of aqua fina and no beer!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top