Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2009 5:58:27 PM EDT
This is too funny because Jacqui Smith is a complete megacunt. Any piece of totalitarian anti-gun anti-knife liberal P.C. bullshit news out of that country usually has her name attached.

Smith faces questions over future

Home Secretary Jacqui Smith is facing fresh questions over her future after "mistakenly" claiming the cost of two adult movies on Commons expenses.

Opposition backbenchers say the matter has undermined the credibility of Ms Smith, who did not see the films but is said to be "mortified" by the error.

The films were watched by her husband, Richard Timney, who has apologised.

Ms Smith is already under scrutiny for claiming second-home allowances for her family home in Worcestershire.

'Expenses sleaze'

BBC political correspondent Reeta Chakrabarti says Ms Smith will have to deal with the political fallout after the embarrassment of Sunday's revelations.

The Opposition leadership has so far held back from criticising ministers too strongly on expenses, aware that there are potential embarrassments on both sides, our correspondent says.
“ Sympathy for her will be even less than it otherwise would have been because she is not that good at her job ”
David Davis Former shadow home secretary

But while the government is acutely aware of the damage the incident is doing, Labour sources have suggested there could be a Tory mole at work in the Commons office that processes expenses - and even a dossier listing damaging details of other MPs' claims, our correspondent adds.

Conservative former shadow home secretary David Davis said there would be little sympathy for Ms Smith.

He said: "I don't call for people to go unless I think there is absolutely a smoking gun, but I just do think in this circumstance the sympathy for her will be even less than it otherwise would have been because she is not that good at her job."

Liberal Democrat MP Lembit Opik said Ms Smith had been "compromised" by her husband, but acknowledged that the expenses system needed a complete overhaul.

"We are allowed to claim for telly communications and it is vital for work," he said.

"I think what's made this interesting is because there were adult films, everyone can have a good laugh about that.

"But the serious bottom-line point here is that it's got ludicrous and we have to actually shake down the entire expenses system".

Angus Robertson, the Scottish National Party's leader at Westminster, said Ms Smith's credibility had been undermined.

"These are serious allegations and only add to the impression that Labour is becoming engulfed in expenses sleaze," he said.

"The ongoing allegations of expenses irregularities have left the home secretary's credibility in tatters and present real questions over her future as a senior minister."

However, Labour MP Stephen Pound said that although the matter was "excruciatingly embarrassing" for Ms Smith, her future was not in question.

"Nobody's responsible for what their partners do to that extent but it will be embarrassing. I don't think it will be fatal because she's really not done anything wrong," he said.

"I'm just genuinely sorry for Jacqui. She doesn't deserve this."

Public apology

Mr Timney, who is also Ms Smith's parliamentary aide, made a public statement on Sunday in which he apologised for embarrassing his wife after the two films were viewed at their home in Redditch, then claimed for on expenses.

Ms Smith said she had "mistakenly" claimed for a TV package when billing for a web connection and would repay the cash.

MPs can claim for subscription television services but they have to be used wholly, exclusively and necessarily to perform their duties.
“ Jacqui Smith has done the right thing by taking steps to rectify this inadvertent mistake as soon as she became aware of it ”
Downing Street spokesman

The Sunday Express reported that two films, which cost £5 each, were viewed on 6 and 8 April 2008 at Ms Smith's constituency home.

The claim was also said to include two viewings of the film Ocean's 13 - at £3.75 each - and an additional £3.50 to watch the film Surf's Up.

Ms Smith said in a statement: "I'm sorry that in claiming for my internet connection, I mistakenly claimed for a television package alongside it.

"As soon as the matter was brought to my attention, I took immediate steps to contact the relevant parliamentary authorities and rectify the situation.

"All money claimed for the television package will be paid back in full."

Expenses review

Downing Street said on Sunday that Ms Smith was doing a "great" job and would not let the incident distract her from her role as home secretary.

A spokesman said: "Jacqui Smith has done the right thing by taking steps to rectify this inadvertent mistake as soon as she became aware of it."

Ms Smith is already under investigation by Parliamentary Standards Commissioner John Lyon after she claimed second-home allowances for the property in Redditch.

She insists she "fully abided" by the rules because she had designated a London flat she shares with her sister as her principal home.

The independent Committee on Standards in Public Life has previously announced a wide-ranging review of MPs' pay and allowances, due to start later this year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/7971221.stm
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:08:23 PM EDT
[#2]
She has nice jugs.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:51:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Sure she didnt see the film.....She watched themm all right , and she masterbated too....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top