Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2009 1:57:26 PM EDT
Do you people who say that potheads/dopers/druggies should be shot/hung/in jail for life... listen to music or watch movies by the people you despise? Do you spend your money buying CD's, going to concerts, watching films or TV programs made by people who engage in a drug using lifestyle you hate?

I really can't think of too many musicians who don't engage in drug use (or used to back when they made good music).
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 1:59:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Sure. What's your point?
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:04:22 PM EDT
[#2]
shot/hung and in jail?  That would be the dealers, not the users.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:04:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Sure. What's your point?

Just seems a little hypocritical to me. Its your money though, if you want to give it to the people who influence your kids into thinking drugs are cool thats your business.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:07:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Their bodies, their choice.  My money, my choice.  I'll watch movies and listen to music from anybody who is a good entertainer.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:14:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Not an anti-drug crusader (shit, I want them legal), but I don't refuse to purchase music or movies based on political differences.

I'm paying them to entertain me. They serve me by working to entertain me, and in return I give them what I feel is an appropriate amount of money - money *I* made by serving others who often disagree with my politics.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:21:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not an anti-drug crusader (shit, I want them legal), but I don't refuse to purchase music or movies based on political differences.

I'm paying them to entertain me. They serve me by working to entertain me, and in return I give them what I feel is an appropriate amount of money - money *I* made by serving others who often disagree with my politics.

This.

Their bodies, their choice. My money, my choice. I'll watch movies and listen to music from anybody who is a good entertainer.

And this.

Sounds like the OP is butt-hurt and is trying to justify a drug habit or something.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:23:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Their bodies, their choice. My money, my choice. I'll watch movies and listen to music from anybody who is a good entertainer.

And this.

<snip>

This.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:34:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

And this.

Sounds like the OP is butt-hurt and is trying to justify a drug habit or something.

Sorry, you are incorrect. I just think its silly that some people can be strongly anti-drug  but they idolize people who use drugs.

ETA: With a little bit of reading skill you can see that this question is asked toward "Anti-Drug Crusaders", if you don't give a fuck the question does not even pertain to you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top