Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2001 7:35:23 PM EDT
What has to happen for these people to wake up? I just saw a bunch of them at the University of Michigan.  Its the first time I am ashamed that I graduated from there.  I love this country so much, I dont understand how these people can do this. This is different than Vietnam. Lots of innocent Americans have been executed. They were saying that we shouldnt retaliate. I bet they wouldnt be so holier than thou if it was one of their loved ones that was killed. If they hate the United States so much an d disagree why dont they leave. I know a million Mexicans, Chinese and Eastern Europeans that would kill to have a good job and live in a free society. Most of them would also answer a call to arms to defend the country.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm pretty pissed too. I go to the u of wisconsin (superior) and all the damn libbers are denouncing Bush and hoping that no action is taken. To top it off, I was at a conference and the dean of students said, "Those people the media call "terrorists" are just as innocent as the people on the plane with them." Well shiiiaaaat!! The only folks I can really talk to about the whole thing are military guys. Even that is hardly true: in one of my criminal justice courses, a young lady said, "I'm in the guards, and I don't want to have to go to war over this."
Excuuuuuuuuuse me, did ya' think the Gov. is giving you that $$$ for college for free?!

To top off my quotes of the week, I would like to end with some words from a history professor:

"Geesh, what's with all this god bless america and flag stuff?" [argue] [+] [pissed] [puke]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:57:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Walk up and smack one upside the head and tell them they shouldn't retaliate...

Link Posted: 9/20/2001 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#3]
ARben, yeah I can also only talk to the guys at my USMC reserve unit and my father.  Even my girlfriend is brainwashed by the media.  Whenever I pick up a rifle or a pistol she is scared like its going to go off and kill someone.

Smalls

Semper Fi

P.S.  She does like to shoot my Anchitz but won't touch the AR yet. :(

Link Posted: 9/20/2001 8:03:16 PM EDT
[#4]
They love their country, too.  They're entitled to their opinions and to march and protest.  Anyone in the guard should do the duty they agreed to do or get the hell out.  All the free college bullshit was just a ruse to get people signed up.  They've made a contract with the government to do a job.    

This war stuff could end really, really bad for all of us.  What's that proverb about digging two graves before seeking revenge?

I hope the actions taken are well planned and we don't fall into the trap the Afghans are laying out.  The Gulf War was difficult enough.  This one is near impossible to pull off.  The entire region is nothing but tangoes, not one real ally, not even India.  A lot of US troops are going to die this time.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 8:20:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey !!!

Did you pull your head off my ass yet ?

If so let's spell for the morons:

N-U-C-L-E-A-R  A-T-T-A-C-K
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 8:31:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Busmaster007: I like your thinking.

I hope these people don't try and harbor terrorists in order to keep gun nuts like us from commiting a hate crime.

Link Posted: 9/20/2001 8:42:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I, too, am opposed to starting a war over differences in ideology between the West and and some segment of the Mid-East population. Unfortunately, they already did...again. It is simply a matter of our own self defense to finish it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 9:13:51 PM EDT
[#8]
If you had friends/co-workers/colleagues/faces you saw on a daily basis die in the World Trade Center or Pentagon attack, you would want some serious payback.  But alas, it must be nice to think that you are changing the world in your sheltered university lifestyle. WAKE THE FU@K UP!!!! Ameericans were murdered by terrorists, did I get your attention yet? Turn Afghanistan into a parking lot and let all these anti-war demonstrators work as valet's when this is all over.  [stick]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 9:46:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They love their country, too.  They're entitled to their opinions and to march and protest.  Anyone in the guard should do the duty they agreed to do or get the hell out.  All the free college bullshit was just a ruse to get people signed up.  They've made a contract with the government to do a job.
View Quote

No, I disagree.  They hate our country and almost everything we do.  They just like the benefits.  I have had moronic professors who think that we shouldn't have fought the Revolutionary War!  You can't get more deluded than that.  They want free everything, and don't want to do anything to get it.  They are also secuced by the whim that no one is truly evil, and if there are evil people out there, it's us.    

This war stuff could end really, really bad for all of us.  What's that proverb about digging two graves before seeking revenge?
View Quote

Again, No.  Only if we have the resolve, and don't pussyfoot around a bunch of flower children will we be sucessful.  We always have.  Clint Eastwood didn't order a grave for himself in "Fistfull of Dollars".

I hope the actions taken are well planned and we don't fall into the trap the Afghans are laying out.  The Gulf War was difficult enough.  This one is near impossible to pull off.  The entire region is nothing but tangoes, not one real ally, not even India.  A lot of US troops are going to die this time.
View Quote

What trap? Are you a moron?  Their army is weaker than a fat cow with arthiritis.  We could take the entire country with 500,000 troops.  Since when was the Gulf War difficult?  We won in under a week, and had to stop shooting because we were kicking ass too much!  US troops will die in any war, and that is the price of freedom.  30,000 died in Vietnam.  What was that, a 15 year war?  6,000 people died in about 2 hours on 9/11/01.  If the planes had struck 40 floors lower, 18,000 would have died.  Would that be enough reason to destroy some rinky-dink tin-cup dictatorship?

These "Peace Fools" are [b]ALWAYS[/b] wrong.  They were there in every war, why won't they learn?
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 10:45:56 PM EDT
[#10]
People like this make me sick. They only wish it was the sixties all over again. I suppose if a plane flew into a high rise dorm on thier collage they wouldnt be so quick to forgive. I was a sophmore in high school when my brother was in Desert Storm, the local media showed a handfull of collage students protesting at the local collage (this seems to happen at collages alot huh? Can you say brainwashed.) Me and some of my friends went looking for a protest, axe handles ready. Never found one but had we I don't doubt blood would have been spilled. What these wanna be flower children need is 12 weeks on Paris island with Sgt. Hartman to lay down the facts for them.[uzi]
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 1:09:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Same in Berkeley. They're been protesting since 6:00 PM on the 11th. Mostly anti-war and anti-Bush, but there are pro-Muslim protestors as well who, of course, blame the US and say we deserve it. A lot of cops around so no opportunity to open a can of whoop ass. Even so, to do so would mean the loss of RKBA for 10 years. PRK law.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 1:28:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Some of you guys are starting to scare me as much as any terrorist could. Beating people up for holding opinions contrary to our own? Did I hear that right? How American is that? Remember, you have no right to not be offended.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 1:34:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
People like this make me sick. They only wish it was the sixties all over again. I suppose if a plane flew into a high rise dorm on thier collage they wouldnt be so quick to forgive. I was a sophmore in high school when my brother was in Desert Storm, the local media showed a handfull of collage students protesting at the local collage (this seems to happen at collages alot huh? Can you say brainwashed.) Me and some of my friends went looking for a protest, axe handles ready. Never found one but had we I don't doubt blood would have been spilled. What these wanna be flower children need is 12 weeks on Paris island with Sgt. Hartman to lay down the facts for them.
View Quote

That's it...silence anyone who dissents...play right into Osama's hands.

I support the war as much as the next guy, but if we're not willing to tolerate peaceful protests, then I have to wonder what the hell we are fighting for. I was under the impression that it was to preserve Democracy. You know, that system of government of the people, [b]by the people[/b], for the people? Dissent means that our Democracy is healthy. If there were no protests, then I would be very worried indeed.

Seriously, you ought to be ashamed of yourself, going out to beat protesters. That's the kind of idiocy I'd expect from the Taleban, not from Americans. Sheesh.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 1:34:17 AM EDT
[#14]
I have begun to see some of that same disgusting shit here at Purdue University as well. It is not really that bad though (yet).

Tyler
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 1:54:52 AM EDT
[#15]
I'd better not say anything.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 1:56:19 AM EDT
[#16]
This might get ugly.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 2:08:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
[b]If I ever see anyone spitting on a soldier and I am witness to it, GOD HELP THE MAN/WOMAN WHO DOES THE F#&$*%^ing spitting.[/b]
View Quote

I am with you there bro - I will end up in jail for manslaughter.

Tyler
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 2:43:16 AM EDT
[#18]
So when's that Kent State rally again?
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 3:06:55 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm sorry if it appears nit-picky Torf, but 58,169 young American men died serving our country in Vietnam, not 30,000.  

The people of the United States owes them and their families a debt none of us can ever repay even if we lived a hundred lifetimes.  We must never forget any of them.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 7:41:54 AM EDT
[#20]
I think these people fail to realize that we are not bombing inncoents, we're removing threats from the world.

If a whacko comes into my home, shoots my family and threatens to kill me, he will be neutralized. I will not ask why he feels that way, admit it's my fault, and turn over my weapon to the individual.

If a loose pit bull kills a kid, you don't go next door and kill the neighbor's poodle and you don't try and pet the dog and give it a treat: YOU DESTROY IT!
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:19:16 PM EDT
[#21]
It's YOUR right as an American to open a can of whoop ass on any foreign student who's HERE being educated in YOUR public universities which YOU pay for (like UC and CSU) and who is protesting IN FAVOR of terrorist attacks against YOUR country. If you tried that in THEIR country they would drag you behind a truck for half a day.

Free speech is great and I'm all for it. But there are consequences to free speech and if a can of whoop ass is involved, I sure as hell won't feel sorry for FOREIGN a-holes slapping me in the face following a terrorist attack on our nation.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:31:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm sorry if it appears nit-picky Torf, but 58,169 young American men died serving our country in Vietnam, not 30,000.  

The people of the United States owes them and their families a debt none of us can ever repay even if we lived a hundred lifetimes.  We must never forget any of them.
View Quote

Oops, sorry.  You are right.  Well, we just had 1/10th of a Vietnam war on one day!  If you somehow feel like a pacifist after that, check your head.

I always think of Vietnam vets as special in a way.  They were largely abandoned, and hated by much of America, and most of them were draftees.  I hope that never happens again.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:46:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Not to mention that the Vietnam War probably started about 2 August 1964 and ended 30 April 1975 (for the U.S.). We were on the receiving end of the demonstrations in San Francisco upon return from Vietnam in San Francisco 30 April 1969. Lets just say, my opinion of the "Anti-War" garbage did not set well with me then, nor does it set well with me now. I consider them the same as the "Terrorists". I won't bother ranting on what I think should happen to the demonstrators. It's considered illegal!!!!!!!!!! I believe here in Louisiana, they would be in deep "S..T".  
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:50:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Thank God for TAMU
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 6:01:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top