Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/27/2005 5:36:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/28/2005 5:14:33 AM EDT by FanoftheBlackRifle]
It seems to me we're starting to see the same sort of shit being pulled. Using the deaths of US soldiers for political gain, pulling out the "they didn't want to fight a war" card (although using the "he joined up for the benifits, not to fight for his country" line instead of the draft-based arguments), etc.

I wasn't alive during the Vietnam war, so all I can base my conclusions on are my current observations and my research into the Vietnam war. But this makes me sick. History, repeating itself, yet again. And STILL at the expense of some fine young Americans.

Edit to make one thing clear: I AM NOT SAYING IRAQ IS LIKE VIETNAM. I am saying the actions of the protestors are similar.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:40:13 AM EDT
I wasn't alive either, but the hippies/liberals during this war are more extreme.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:45:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By FanoftheBlackRifle:
It seems to me we're starting to see the same sort of shit being pulled. Using the deaths of US soldiers for political gain, pulling out the "they didn't want to fight a war" card (although using the "he joined up for the benifits, not to fight for his country" line instead of the draft-based arguments), etc.

I listened to the "I joined for the benefits" arguement a while back from some wetnose. I told him that now he was going to EARN his benefits, and that the free lunch stand was now closed.

As for the nastiness of the antiwars?

Yeah. History repeats itself.

One thing, though. Ain't no one gonna treat todays GI like I got treated. Spit on a US serviceman in front of me and you win free dental work.

This ain't internet bravado. Spit on a GI and I'll open up on you.
You won't get away with it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:49:44 AM EDT
Pic, I've heard to people spitting on GI's after Vietnam. But that pisses me off. These people fought for our freedom, and these protestors are going to be the worst kind of turds and spit on them?

Pisses me off.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:51:51 AM EDT
The hippies are the same...the people in this country are different and won't buy their bullshit now.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:53:05 AM EDT
It's the same bunch. With a lot more govt. educated and college indoctrinated recruits. It's going to get real ugly if we don't stop this PC shit and speak a language those murderers in the middle east can understand. Bombs. Big ones. Lots of 'em!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:01:21 AM EDT
Nope, in vietnam the protesters were just a bunch of dirty hippies, now the protesters are pros who are organized and backed by big dollar political puppet masters, I.E. George Soros, Horward Dean, the clintons, etc.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:28:43 AM EDT
I was 21 years old when I came back from Vietnam in 1970.The "Anti War" kommies were VERY active and tried to be in a position to "greet" every returning serviceman they could with bags of shit and piss.The U.S.Army, had by then, taken to flying us into McCord AFB at night and processing us out to our next duty stations before the sun rose.Most of us then traveled to our next duty station or home,in uniform and that is where and when the cocksusking faggot mutherfuckers would strike,with the shit and piss bags.At the terminals in civilian country.

This whole "Soldier hate" thing is one that is "normal" for the far left whacko dimofucks.....they have done a remarkable job "holding in their hate" for the America fighting man..........but............bullshit can only be surpressed for so long.Their "Normal" nature is coming out now with the "Anti-War Movement" beginning to re-assert itself and "step forward" into the position of dominating DU thinking.....seen it all before. I am actually somewhat surprised that the radical left controlled itself as long as it did.Things will get really nasty now.

Cindy sheehan will soon be coming forward with stories of the "atrocities" she "committed" while in the Marines in Iraq and will show us the three Purple Hearts she was awarded for wounds received in Iraq....The liberal media will herald her as a an "UP and coming " political "rising star' for the far left. There will be hearings before Congress,with "former Soldiers" who also committed "attrocities" under the direct orders of GWB.............under oath...........by people who have neither been to Iraq nor in the military.....Just as was done by the "anti-War Movement" 35 years ago.

All these "traveling left wing roadshows" who are attempting to turn the funerals of our dead heroes into a left wing fuck fest are somthing that has been done before. There are a ton of these graying "Berkley kali" types who are trying to "re-live" the hey-day of the kommunist funded anti-war movement days from the 60's.The question is this:Are going to sit around and let this shit wash over our newest generation of returning heros?

I didn't enjoy this bullshit then..... when it was happening to my buds and myself and thse fellows returning from the sandbox damn sure arn't going to like it either.Other than grabbing the bastards and drilling them into the sidewalk when they throw shit...........what the hell else can you do?

Hate crime against soldiers?

Naw.............never happen.The left masturbates at the thought of fucking with soldiers............and THEY "Control the moral highground".....No?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:37:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By piccolo:

Originally Posted By FanoftheBlackRifle:

I listened to the "I joined for the benefits" arguement a while back from some wetnose. I told him that now he was going to EARN his benefits, and that the free lunch stand was now closed.

As for the nastiness of the antiwars?

Yeah. History repeats itself.

One thing, though. Ain't no one gonna treat todays GI like I got treated. Spit on a US serviceman in front of me and you win free dental work.

Amen +1
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:42:55 AM EDT
When we had an "anti-war" protest here at Clemson about 14-15 people showed up for the "anti" side. All but 2 were Vietnam era hippies, some even still had some vietnam related pins on their old stinky clothes.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:43:08 AM EDT
The ones today have gone to new lows.

GM
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:30:10 AM EDT
Same organizers doing the same things they did 35 years ago.

Same people different dates.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:41:58 AM EDT
History does not repeat itself. 1965 is not the same as 2005. Vietnam is not the same as Iraq. The circumstances behind the war are completely different. The tactics being used are somewhat different. The opposition is completely different (Regular army soldiers AND insurgents then). Their motivation is completely different. Our capabilities are completely different. There is no draft for Iraq like there was in Vietnam. Casualties in Iraq are ligt compared to Vietnam.

The only thing thats somewhat the same are the protestors. And even then, they aren't nearly as bad as they were near the end of Vietnam (though they have been getting worse lately, it seems).
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:42:25 AM EDT
Paging Eric Cartman, Hippy Exterminator
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:51:38 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:53:41 AM EDT
Unlike the protesters in the 60's, the protesters today aren't spitting on troops or calling them baby killers. They're not blaming the troops for the actions of the government.

There isn't a draft going on, so you're not seeing a large group of young people protesting to keep their butts out of war.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:58:34 AM EDT
I think the current era's protesters will continue the slide into the ditch. It's an emotion-laden issue, and they'll become steadly more radicalized; they've convinced of the moral supriority of their position, and when the rest of the public doesn't agree, they tend to become more strident. There's more jackassery to come.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:07:32 AM EDT
I was around for both times in history. My opinion is that there
is a "night and day" difference between the "reasons to protest"
and "makeup of the protesters". It is all hypocracy, but some
hypocracy is easier to recognize that other hypocracy.

This war will have much smaller and insignificant protesting. The
main reason is due to the fine all volunteer professional military.
Many sensible folks can understand that todays Johnny thought he was
doing the noble and patriotic thing, when he was killed. It was
hard for sensible, thinking folks back in the 70's to believe that
then, because there were more drafted Johnnys than there were
Johnnys that were over there for noble and patriotic motivations.
(I am not trying to diminish anyones service and sacrifice, I am simply
trying to describe my opinion of the way folks at home were thinking -
remember there was only Walter Cronkite - three networks).

The other reason this war will have much smaller and insignificant protesting
is it is very easy to spot the hypocracy of the motivators and
organizers of the protests. It is cleary only political to them. Their
reason for existing is to hurt W in any way they can.

DanM
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:45:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Moondog:
Unlike the protesters in the 60's, the protesters today aren't spitting on troops or calling them baby killers. They're not blaming the troops for the actions of the government.

YET. Give it time.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:52:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By deej86:
Pic, I've heard to people spitting on GI's after Vietnam. But that pisses me off. These people fought for our freedom, and these protestors are going to be the worst kind of turds and spit on them?

Well, in addition to HEARING of GIs being spit on, you have now met one that WAS spit on.

And it ain't gonna happen to these guys. Not on my watch.

If it starts, I swear I'll train another cat and you'll be reading more SEC stories.

"Accident at PGH airport. A blind guy with a Seeing Eye cat accidentally tripped over a Marine and stuck his cane in up the ass of a punk kid that attempted to spit in the hapless Marine."

Marine missed the spitwad aimed at him and says he's "horrified' at the violence that took place before his eyes.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:40:25 PM EDT
This bunch makes no bones about the fact that they HATE AMERICA . If our righteously elected and highly paid tyrant thieves would allow us to own Black-hawks I don't doubt that we could put a stop to some of this treason. Get the fuck out of our country you scumbags!!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:43:11 PM EDT
I still don't understand how a GIANT can of whoopass wasn't opened up on ANYONE who spit on GI's returning from Vietnam from either the GI's themselves, or the public who may have witnessed it?! How come we didn't hear of that? Even if only 50% of the nation believed in the war, certainly more than 99% wouldn't tolerate it being taken out on a GI.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:38:32 PM EDT
I never saw anything resembling the disrespect of certain unwashed
types spitting on returning GI's. I like to think I wouldn't have tolerated
it either.

A soapbox I get on occasionally when I am in "old man" mode, and
talking about that time in history - well it is too much typing. But a
small piece of it has to do with...

You cannot compare that time in US history with any since. It is like,
you had to experience it. Today we have a small small percentage of
the population caring at all. Some are the respectful patriots that do
appreciate the need for our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. Some are
the confused loonies like that ditch Cindy vagrant in Crawford, and her
handlers. Probably 90% of the population are not in one of these
groups, they are uncaring and unaware. Not that I am finding fault here.

In contrast, in the later part of the Vietnam era, most of the population
had an opinion, and cared and were aware. I think it almost tore the
country apart. There were 2 or 3 protests in DC with a reported
half a million participants. Middle America was very involved, and either
pissed at the government, or had "love it or leave it" attitudes.

There is no way to compare then to now. There is, I believe, no way to
appreciate how "torn apart" we were then as a countries population.
There were a lot of lies being told then, as there are now. But many
more folks were tuned in then. Their sons, their neighbors sons, their
HS buddies, their sweethearts, at 18 years old were being FORCED to go
to Vietnam. Some didn't come back, and a lot of the ones that did were
very different. I can not stress enough how different a draft is to the
much better stiuation today of volunteers.

With certain, perhaps unstable, definetely confused, self-described socially
aware, (dope smoking, unwashed, add your own favorites here) folks truely
caring, seriously being lied to and realizing it, I can imagine that some gave
a name to the demon that haunted them. The GI's that were over there
"killing babies" (not at all saying that is even remotely true, it was just one
of the lies being told, that some of the confused believed).

So what I am going on and on about here is simply the thinking and attitude
of the folks back home. The folks that, if confused enough, could spit on a
returning GI, or pitch a tent in a ditch in Crawford Texas. There was no
internet, no cable TV, there was only the 3 nightly news anchors and the
liberal then as they are now newspapers.

Sorry for the long post.
DanM
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:15:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/27/2005 11:16:17 PM EDT by dfariswheel]
Toward the end of the Vietnam war, the press, the entertainment crowd and the politicians had done their job.

The Vietnam Vet was a baby-killing, drunken, drug addict, who was a time bomb just waiting to explode.
As such, nobody wanted them around, and when they walked through an airport, you could FEEL the anger and distrust from the people, NOT just the anti-war creeps.

Most vets that got spit on were simply so shocked that they didn't know how to react. They just couldn't believe that people would do that.
When one did strike back, HE was the one usually arrested (You know, that murderous drug addict).

The "reception" most vets got, is the reason the REAL combat vets are so low-key about their service.
They LEARNED not to talk about it.

And most disgusting of all, some of the worst people were WWII vets.
A lot of Vietnam vets were told that their war wasn't a "real war" and (guess what) they were a bunch of drug addicts that just killed women and kids.
They lost the Vietnam "war" because they were no good.

The left HAS NOT given up blaming the soldiers.
The problem is, right now the soldiers still have too much support fro the American people.
BUT, the press is doing it's usual excellent job of turning the people against the war, and it's just a matter of time before the spitting and shit-bagging will again be acceptable.

The Code Pink crew is already picketing at Walter Reed, holding up signs like, "Maimed for a Lie" and "Enlist for Haliburton".
It's a SMALL step to the name calling and spitting.

All that's necessary is to allow the press more time to do their job.

They are ecstatic over Bush's and the war's low poll numbers, which is a sure indication that their 5 years of day to day constant effort are finally paying off.

The only difference is, this time there is no draft, so the "he just enlisted for the benefits, or he couldn't find a job" is the cry.

Lets be CLEAR....... These people are rooting against America.
They are hoping Bush and we fail.
They WANT more American bodies from the war.
They think we're the biggest threat in the world, and if we were brought low, the world would be a Utopia.
These people HATE and despise this country.
They will willingly and gladly do anything possible to damage us, and some will (and already HAVE) aid the enemy.

Many of these people are NOT the scummy front people you see on the street. The movers are people like Soros, Ralph Nees, and people most of you have never heard of, and never will.

This time it won't be a few million Vietnamese and Cambodians who get murdered or sent to "re-education" camps.

It'll be bombs and possibly chemical, biological, or nuclear weapons in OUR homes.

These people will think we deserve it for our evil ways, and will use it to try to subvert this country even more.

You'll know they're winning when the spitting and name calling starts.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:20:10 PM EDT

+1. Assault charge and possible loss of security clearance irrelevant-some things need to be done.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:45:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/27/2005 11:48:31 PM EDT by Desert_Cowboy]

Originally Posted By deej86:

Pisses me off.

Some1 i know wrote this Article. Its called:
"The Incident at Mountain Charlie's"

Tucson, Arizona—In 1972, I was part of the last military draft. A
Teletype machine was set up in the student union at the University of Buffalo, where I was enrolled, and lottery numbers were posted as they were pulled. A room full of 19-year-olds awaited their fate. I got number 364: I didn’t have to worry about being drafted.

But the next summer I joined the Navy anyway. All of my friends thought I was crazy, stupid, and ignorant. What a waste of a perfectly good draft number.

I became a radar operator for P-3 aircraft, went to the Philippines, and flew over Vietnam doing reconnaissance. I was there for the evacuation in 1975, and kept track of the desperate boat-people fleeing Vietnam. Many disappeared in the South China Sea—their overcrowded, top-heavy fishing boats swamped by the sea, or sunk by pirates who attacked at night. The boy from Buffalo turned into a man that year. The realization that I was privileged to grow up in the United States sunk in quickly when I witnessed the lengths to which people went to gain the freedom I took for granted. After our deployment, we came home to Moffet Field near San Jose. I moved off base with a couple of friends and lived in Los Gatos, 25 miles away. In the ’70s, young sailors stuck out like sore thumbs amidst our peers, and much of the country did not condone our job choice. Los Gatos was quiet and people there didn’t automatically associate our short hair with the military.

In downtown Los Gatos there is a place called Mountain Charlie’s that
had live music, and played lots of Charlie Daniels, Lynyrd Skynrd, Allman Brothers, and bluegrass records. It was our place during off hours.

One night I was standing at the end of the bar listening to the music when a girl walked up to me, said “You must be in the military,” called me a baby killer, and spat in my face.

I had heard of this happening to others, but was stunned when it happened to me. She turned and walked away indignantly before I could even react. As she rejoined her party they all had a good laugh, congratulating each other, and chalking one up “for the people.”

One of the bartenders passed a napkin to me. I wiped my face as other patrons watched and slowly receded, not knowing what to expect. Then the bartender put his hand on my shoulder, and told me to watch. Waitresses and other employees were leading the offenders out of the bar, against their will.

My roommate walked over, patted me on the back, and told me to forget it. But I never did. I felt violated, disappointed, angry, frustrated, depressed, and confused. To this day I wonder if that woman ever really understood what she did.

Twenty years later, I interviewed for a job in San Jose. I scheduled the last flight out so that I would have time to drive to Los Gatos after the interview and see if Mountain Charlie’s was still there. At 3 p.m. I walked through the swing doors, slowly soaking in the nearly unchanged sights and sounds and smells. I was the only customer.

The bartender looked at me and said I must be a ’70s patron. I laughed and said yes, how did he know? We all have the same dreamy look on our faces when we enter, he answered.

I drank a toast to old buddies and we started swapping stories. Other customers had come in and begun listening to our tale-telling when I told him the “baby killer” story. The guy to my right was offended that such a thing had happened. He moved to the stool next to me and bought me a drink. Soon other people walked up and apologized for that woman, and thanked me for my service to the country. I headed for the airport feeling much better. I finally buried that ugly episode that afternoon.

I am a wiser and better man for my experiences in the military. I know what honor, courage, and sacrifice really mean. The young Americans now returning home from a different war will be changed in similar ways. But they return to a country with a vastly different outlook, and much more understanding and appreciation, than the one I came home to.

Good for them!

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:00:50 AM EDT
Yes, it is only time. Morale has never been higher in the Uniformed Services...well, the AF guys are bitching but what else is new?

These highly motivated Soldiers and Marines who do not support the looney left's position will be the targets. But I have a funny feeling Piccolo and his SEC#2 will not be needed for any engagement, only "covering fire" to keep the witnesses to a minimum.

I doubt Cindy Sheehan et al will be the ones spitting etc. But Sheehans of the looney left sure motivate the uncouth communists and these loose cannon will be the ones getting the curbside dental work.

I learned back in Basic that we take care of each other. We had a bad recruit in our company...my platoon. He liked to smoke, something recently banned (1987). After getting our floor totally fucked because the DS found Karel's cigs, we gave hime a soap in socks blanket party when I caught him smoking in the latrine while I was on fire watch. He then went missing for a few hours, got caught by the MP's smoking by the fonrt gate and was given an entry level seperation.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:10:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 1Andy2:
History does not repeat itself. 1965 is not the same as 2005. Vietnam is not the same as Iraq. The circumstances behind the war are completely different. The tactics being used are somewhat different. The opposition is completely different (Regular army soldiers AND insurgents then). Their motivation is completely different. Our capabilities are completely different. There is no draft for Iraq like there was in Vietnam. Casualties in Iraq are ligt compared to Vietnam.

The only thing thats somewhat the same are the protestors. And even then, they aren't nearly as bad as they were near the end of Vietnam (though they have been getting worse lately, it seems).

I never said that the wars were the same. Or the reasons behind the wars. Or anything else about the wars EXCEPT for the PROTESTORS and the actions of the PROTESTORS.

So the first part of your answer is completely irrelevant, and tries to paint me as a "iraq is like vietnam" idiot, and I don't appreciate it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:11:33 AM EDT

There isn't a draft going on, so you're not seeing a large group of young people protesting to keep their butts out of war.

As said above, YET. Unfortunetly, I think it'll get that bad.

As for the numbers, I think numbers are less important today than media coverage, and the media is going balls-to-the-wall covering the anti-war protestors, even if there are just a few of them.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:00:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CrimsonGhost:
I still don't understand how a GIANT can of whoopass wasn't opened up on ANYONE who spit on GI's returning from Vietnam from either the GI's themselves,

The GIs were pretty much helpless from a legal standpoint.

Punching a person senseless for spitting on them would NOT hold up in court, although in this day and age, it MIGHT given that the GI could cite fear of AIDS Still, that'd be pretty thin.

I tried to smack the bitch that spit on me but was restrained by my (then) wife because there were MPs in the airport. It wasn't worth a stripe.

I'll NEVER badmouth my ex, though because as soon as she got me restrained, she tagged the little bitch!

For the last 30+ years the hippie chick has had to chew her food with a false incisor and my ex sports a very unladylike scar on the middle finger of her right hand.

Incidentally, I am a believer that this NEVER hit a chick shit only goes so far. It IS possible for a female to cross the line. Beating up a hippie chick is easy. You just don't have to hit them as hard.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:52:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By piccolo:

Originally Posted By CrimsonGhost:
I still don't understand how a GIANT can of whoopass wasn't opened up on ANYONE who spit on GI's returning from Vietnam from either the GI's themselves,

The GIs were pretty much helpless from a legal standpoint.

Punching a person senseless for spitting on them would NOT hold up in court, although in this day and age, it MIGHT given that the GI could cite fear of AIDS Still, that'd be pretty thin.

I tried to smack the bitch that spit on me but was restrained by my (then) wife because there were MPs in the airport. It wasn't worth a stripe.

I'll NEVER badmouth my ex, though because as soon as she got me restrained, she tagged the little bitch!

For the last 30+ years the hippie chick has had to chew her food with a false incisor and my ex sports a very unladylike scar on the middle finger of her right hand.

Incidentally, I am a believer that this NEVER hit a chick shit only goes so far. It IS possible for a female to cross the line. Beating up a hippie chick is easy. You just don't have to hit them as hard.

If I understand correctly spitting is regarded as assault . . . beating the unholy tar out of them would be self-defense . . . in a logical world.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:02:17 AM EDT

I've heard from plenty of recruiters saying they were spit on while visiting college and high school campuses. And I've heard plenty of protesters (many from DU, actually) call our troops "baby killers", "war criminals", and "vile, willing pawns of the evil Bush regime". I've also heard plenty of accusations that our soldiers are indiscriminately gunning down civilians, primarily women and children, in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Top Top