Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2001 1:06:46 PM EDT
One of the most expected and practical biological weapons that terrorists are likely to use is anthrax. Unfortunately, anthrax is very resilient. It can go dormat for years in spore form, then be reactivated under the right conditions.

Get some Tetracyclene...
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 1:13:13 PM EDT
[#1]
R-DOG,  I agree with you that BIOLOGICAL weapons are being acquired by terroists.  This is downright scary,  when you think about the huge amount of deaths that could occur by just a small, well-placed BIO attack.  Where is tetracycle available, and how is it taken ?
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 1:27:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I've been thinking about the anthrax possibility for years. Say that there were alot of sympathizers who access to American dollars on a regular basis. Maybe owner/operators of Circle K type conveience stores and foreign theme restraunts. OK now every night just before they turn in the night deposit to the bank they suit up in protective gear and contaminate the funds with anthrax or another nasty spoor. Systemic destruction of the cash currency of a country.  How far will a dollar go before the trail is found and figured out? Lot of dead Americans bro.

Paranoid? You bet!
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yeah, I've been thinking about the anthrax possibility for years. Say that there were alot of sympathizers who access to American dollars on a regular basis. Maybe owner/operators of Circle K type conveience stores and foreign theme restraunts. OK now every night just before they turn in the night deposit to the bank they suit up in protective gear and contaminate the funds with anthrax or another nasty spoor. Systemic destruction of the cash currency of a country.  How far will a dollar go before the trail is found and figured out? Lot of dead Americans bro.

Paranoid? You bet!
View Quote

Hmmm...better safe than sorry.  Send me all your money immediatly and I'll make sure its properly disposed of [:)]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 1:42:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AC_Docto       Where is tetracycle available, and how is it taken ?
View Quote

If retrodog is refering to "TETRACYCLINE" then I'm covered. I take a 500mg capsule every day for acne rosacia. It's an antibiotic that must be prescribed by a doctor.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 5:54:17 AM EDT
[#5]
NO!  

The correct regime for Anthrax is actual KEFLEX (cephalexin) 500mg q.i.d. (4 times/day) for 2 weeks.

M.

Actually, I believe that IntraMuscular injection of Cephalexin is the prefered route... but oral tabs will suffice.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:03:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Cool your jets, gentlemen.
There is no reason for you to be taking ANYTHING unless you have reason to believe that you have already been exposed or will very shortly be exposed to a biologic agent.  Long-term use of antibiotics as a prophylactic has deleterious effects of its own.
Just calm down.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:08:05 AM EDT
[#7]
One can acquire antibiotics at most any vetrinary supply house, many are on the web.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:10:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Oh no!!!!  We're gonna die.  I better hurry and build my underground shelter.

Just kidding.  I do realize the possibility is always present.  The thing we have to worry about is the reaction of some people living here when we begin attacking their homelands.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:47:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I listen to a radio talk show every night called "BOZO". A caller by the name of Mike said that he read a article by Jeff Goetz or Getz, a reporter/writer, about 100 suitcase nukes missing from Russia's nuclear inventory. The writer said Osama could have 2 or more of them. Each bomb has the equivalency of a Hiroshima size bomb. Has anyone else heard anything about this?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top