Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2005 4:40:38 AM EDT
Very bizarre movie I saw this back in the early 90's.

A group of wacked out Vietnam vets flying around in an old bomber with a nuke on board. One of the crew did nothing but watch old helicopter gunship footage and another smoked weed all the time, IIRC. The plane never seemed to land, and occasionaly one of the 'crew' members would bail out, come down to earth for some weird reason, then return up to the plane.

I want to say it was called 'Riders in the Sky' or sumthin' like that.  

Like I said, a Very Bizarre  movie.  

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:42:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Did they drop the nuke?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:42:57 AM EDT
[#2]
You sure it wasn't YOU who was smoking that weed?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:01:35 AM EDT
[#3]
There was a movie called Riders in the Sky made in 1991 written by Alan Sacks starring Michael Capellupo, Jim Doughan, Stan Kirsch and Joseph M. Miskulin as Muley, Axl and Joey, the Cow-Polka King but that's all the info I can find about it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:12:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You sure it wasn't YOU who was smoking that weed?

LOL...  like I said, very bizarre.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:14:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There was a movie called Riders in the Sky made in 1991 written by Alan Sacks starring Michael Capellupo, Jim Doughan, Stan Kirsch and Joseph M. Miskulin as Muley, Axl and Joey, the Cow-Polka King but that's all the info I can find about it.

Riders in the Sky in 1991 was a TV series.  Not a movie.
"Riders in the Sky" (1991) [TV-Series 1991-1992]
www.imdb.com/title/tt0101181/

Riders In the Sky (1949) movie was a singing cowboy movie.
www.imdb.com/title/tt0041807/

So it is pretty safe to say the name of what you saw is probably not "Riders in the Sky".
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:16:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Tagged because I want to know...
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:19:04 AM EDT
[#7]
How did they return to the plane after bailing out?  

Do you remember any of the actors' or characters' names?

Quoted:

According to the IMDB, it was a TV series, not a movie.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:19:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Might be "Riders Of The Storm", starred Dennis Hopper and Michael J Pollard, a couple of whacked out guys in a B-52 running a pirate radio station.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:20:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:20:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Might be "Riders Of The Storm", starred Dennis Hopper and Michael J Pollard, a couple of whacked out guys in a B-52 running a pirate radio station.

That looks like it.

www.imdb.com/title/tt0091853/

A group of Vietnam vets disturbs television programs from a B-29 airplane. They want to sabotage Mrs Westinghouse's political campaign who is running for the Senate in support of US military involvement in South America. Mrs Westinghouse orders some nuclear missiles to be launched against the saboteurs, but they manage to avoid the impact and even succeed in exposing a big secret of hers.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:31:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

That's it,  thanks!

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:46:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
A group of Vietnam vets disturbs television programs from a B-29 airplane. They want to sabotage Mrs Westinghouse's political campaign who is running for the Senate in support of US military involvement in South America. Mrs Westinghouse orders some nuclear missiles to be launched against the saboteurs, but they manage to avoid the impact and even succeed in exposing a big secret of hers.

Sounds like a crappy libtard film. Is it?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:27:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's it,  thanks!

www.moviegoods.com/Assets/product_images/1020/197489.1020.A.jpg

It won best sci-fi film of the year????????  

That is just sad.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:49:10 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
It won best sci-fi film of the year????????  
That is just sad.

At some film festival no one's ever heard of.  I'm sure at some film festival somewhere, Gigli won Best Picture too.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:41:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
How did they return to the plane after bailing out?  

Do you remember any of the actors' or characters' names?

Quoted:

According to the IMDB, it was a TV series, not a movie.

Explains why I couldn't find anything else than the original info
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:46:40 PM EDT
[#16]
That sounds so strange.  I may have to watch it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:09:28 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like a crappy libtard film. Is it?

Sounds like.  Who else uses the words "war mongering"?

Looks like the only redeeming quality of this movie, besides the plane, is the first gunnery sargeant of the USMC, Al Matthews is in it (Sgt. Apone in Aliens).

Merlin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top