Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2002 5:40:24 PM EDT
On Fox right now, another video showing police pounding a suspect.  This guy looks like he is getting what's coming to him.  He is not allowing the police to arrest him.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:23:44 PM EDT
[#1]
The one in the big white truck right?  ALLEGEDLY pulled a handcuffed guy out of the truck by his shirt?

I don't know WTF the media is doing putting this police beating crap on 24hrs a day.  They want the police banned or something?  If there are no police, who's gonna protect the unarmed anti-gun media( sheep ) freaks?

Whether the suspects are beaten or not, they probably won't be charged with anything even if they did commit something- I'm talking about the guy who ALLEGEDLY got beat.  Chicken shit DA's afraid of public outcry.  I didn't hear the whole story because I'm sick of it so I don't know what they ALLEGEDLY did.

If they have evidence against the primary suspect, charge them both.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:42:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Fox News... Jeffrey Feiger, Dr. Kevorkian's former lawyer, was just on with Greta Van Susteren saying that in the first tape from LA the officer was being grabbed in the groin by the 'suspect' and that accounts for the love tap to the head... those tapes don't show everything...
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:46:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Fox News... Jeffrey Feiger, Dr. Kevorkian's former lawyer, was just on with Greta Van Susteren saying that in the first tape from LA the officer was being grabbed in the groin by the 'suspect' and that accounts for the love tap to the head... those tapes don't show everything...
View Quote

Um, if someone is smashing my johnson I would be standing on their neck.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:47:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Lauern Green (fox news beauty show newsreader in the AM) pimped out that the second video bad guy was handcuffed at the time of his beating. The producers then spoiled her line of crap by showing the tape, where viewers could see him with cuffs on ONE ARM ONLY swinging them as he fought.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:58:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you talking about the one from Oklahoma City? Try this web site to view the tape. [url]www.newsok.com[/url]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 7:04:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw the part of the tape Where the cop had him Hand cuffed picked him up slammed him into the car then punched him. The guy was handcuffed.

Now I don't know what transpired before  this. Maybe the guy fought not to be handcuffed and did grab the officer by the groin. Here is where the problem. What ever happened prior to him being handcuffed is fair game. After the guy is cuffed YOU don't wail on him totally wrong. The other officers should have told the arresting officer to back off. He was extremely upset having his balls grabbed.

Now comes the other problem. This officer is alleged to beating other people. He has been on the force 3 yrs and has been charged with extreme force. The complainant didn't show.

The Victim and I use the term loosely...Suppose to be mentally challenged and slow to respond. The farther also has some problem. TRUE or NOT I do not know. I am making no judgment on the LEO and there were a couple of Black officers who didn't do anything.

We know who is going to win they have a lawyer suing for no less than 1 Million at this time. White cop beating on black Person. The FBI is investigating and you know where this is going. I do not know who is right and who is wrong. All I know everything these days are taped and could be misconstrued. They say a picture is wort 1000 words. Yea but in who's behalf.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 12:49:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I just saw the short clip of the Oklahoma tape.  That sure the heck doesn't look like a beating to me.  Did you see how much bigger the suspect was compared to the officer and what happened when the officer tried to take the suspect to the ground???  The suspect just stood there and didn't even budge.  Even when they got him to the ground he still was resisting even thought it was more of a passive resistance from what I saw.    
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 12:56:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I saw the part of the tape Where the cop had him Hand cuffed picked him up slammed him into the car then punched him. The guy was handcuffed.

Now I don't know what transpired before  this. Maybe the guy fought not to be handcuffed and did grab the officer by the groin. Here is where the problem. What ever happened prior to him being handcuffed is fair game. After the guy is cuffed YOU don't wail on him totally wrong. The other officers should have told the arresting officer to back off. He was extremely upset having his balls grabbed.

Now comes the other problem. This officer is alleged to beating other people. He has been on the force 3 yrs and has been charged with extreme force. The complainant didn't show.

The Victim and I use the term loosely...Suppose to be mentally challenged and slow to respond. The farther also has some problem. TRUE or NOT I do not know. I am making no judgment on the LEO and there were a couple of Black officers who didn't do anything.

We know who is going to win they have a lawyer suing for no less than 1 Million at this time. White cop beating on black Person. The FBI is investigating and you know where this is going. I do not know who is right and who is wrong. All I know everything these days are taped and could be misconstrued. They say a picture is wort 1000 words. Yea but in who's behalf.
View Quote

I think you are tyalking about the first video. These guys are talking about another.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 1:21:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Watched video twice and now I see what happened. The big dude is sitting on the ground and the cop tells him to get up, which he does. The cop gets one hand cuffed, and now for the funny part, he notices that the big guy has something in his mouth. The cop quits trying to cuff the guys other wrist and starts screaming at the dude to spit it out. The big dude won't spit so the cop gets pissed and starts trying to drag him down by one arm. The cop was stupid, in my opinion, for not going ahead and getting the other arm cuffed up while he had the chance, before he starts raving at the guy to spit out the weed. What a bufoon! He looked like a monkey trying to impregnate a football wrestleing around on the big guy. The big guy wasn't what I would call resisting, he just wasn't cooperating. And the cop was freaking out. None of his neat little cop toys were working for him. The baton and the pepper spray were having no effect on the big guy and the cop is getting more pissed by the minute. Even when his backup arrived, between the two of them they couldn't pry the big guys hands out from under his body to get the other cuff on. It was pathetic. I'm no "Billy Bad Ass" but damn, I'd have thought two grown men could have cuffed the dude without all that pulling, tugging, kicking, japping and whacking with a paton. I believe he could have just dragged the dude over and cuffed him to the freaking fence until some help arrived. Just my opinion and few, if any, may agree but that's just how I saw it. There has to be a better way.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 1:38:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Watched video twice and now I see what happened. The big dude is sitting on the ground and the cop tells him to get up, which he does. The cop gets one hand cuffed, and now for the funny part, he notices that the big guy has something in his mouth. The cop quits trying to cuff the guys other wrist and starts screaming at the dude to spit it out. The big dude won't spit so the cop gets pissed and starts trying to drag him down by one arm. The cop was stupid, in my opinion, for not going ahead and getting the other arm cuffed up while he had the chance, before he starts raving at the guy to spit out the weed. What a bufoon! He looked like a monkey trying to impregnate a football wrestleing around on the big guy. The big guy wasn't what I would call resisting, he just wasn't cooperating. And the cop was freaking out. None of his neat little cop toys were working for him. The baton and the pepper spray were having no effect on the big guy and the cop is getting more pissed by the minute. Even when his backup arrived, between the two of them they couldn't pry the big guys hands out from under his body to get the other cuff on. It was pathetic. I'm no "Billy Bad Ass" but damn, I'd have thought two grown men could have cuffed the dude without all that pulling, tugging, kicking, japping and whacking with a paton. I believe he could have just dragged the dude over and cuffed him to the freaking fence until some help arrived. Just my opinion and few, if any, may agree but that's just how I saw it. There has to be a better way.
View Quote

lmao! just explained it in a funny way
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 5:48:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not trying to be rude here at all but have you ever had to handcuff someone that didn't want to be handcuffed?  When people don't want to be cuffed it's a workout trying to get them cuffed regardless of if they are smaller or bigger than you are.  Also, this suspect was resisting.  Resisting can be done by using force to just laying there(passive resistance).  
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 5:55:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Hmm, I have done alot of thinking on this matter and my problem is I have a fundamental repulsion to the thought of being handcuffed.  I think I would not allow myself to be handcuffed willingly.    Once you are cuffed all means of self defense are basically gone from you.  I also think that it is fundamentally wrong to take an innocent person (hasn't been proven guilty in a court yet) and handcuff them.  I do know tha tthey use the "For the officers safety" line to justify this, but it just seem s wrong.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:04:20 AM EDT
[#14]
After the Rodney King clusterf***, and the many other Videos of "Police brutality," I was told by a training officer that the nightstick was a obsolete piece of police equipment, there is just is no way to use it without looking like a caveman beating the snot out of a guy,This goes for the PR24 ,asp batons ,all of them, (yeah I know all about the take downs and baton holds)I would think that Police Administraters would start issuing  stun guns or allowing them, as it does not appear on camera as brutal. Only problem is you got to get close to the perp. to use a stun gun, but nothing is perfect.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:25:36 AM EDT
[#15]
A good friend of mine is a cop in a small city in Arizona. He told me a story about trying to arrest a wife beating meth head who was about 6'2" and 250lbs. My buddy Nick goes all of 5'10" and 165.

Suffice to say that crystal boy didn't want to have the cuffs put on him, and laughed at the effects of pepper spray and a Taser. Nick ended up closing with the guy, swinging his ASP baton, and finally getting ONE cuff on the guy's wrist. He got the guy down on his knees and stood on the backs of crystal boy's calves, jerking up on the one secured cuff, telling the guy to take his other hand out of his pocket and put it behind his back.

No dice. Finally, another cop showed up and wrestled the guy's arm out and back for the other cuff.

Of course, Nick stopped hitting the guy once he got the cuffs on him...
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 8:12:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Hielo...You should sit in the back of an Ambulance with some of these guys. The first thing you would say put the cuffs on him please. I have had to cuff people who didn't want to when I was a cop. You could break their arm before they give in.

I wish I saw the other tapes because the one they keep showing is the cop beating on him after he is laying over the car. I am sure there was due cause in the initial arrest. But after he was cuffed there was no good reason to pick him up and throw him onto the trunk. Then there was less reason to punch him. That is where this cop messed up. Sorry to say
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 8:59:20 AM EDT
[#17]
I can understand about the problems with cuffing someone who does not want to be cuffed.

I was working security at a Hilton hotel (working my way through college) about 15 years ago and one night I got a call about a strange guy that was not a guest and would not leave the lobby. I go to the lobby and there is this monster of a guy, I'm 6' and 240 lbs, pretty solid and trained in martial arts most of my life, but this guy makes me look like a child, at least 6'10" and somewhere between 350 and 400 lbs. While trying to talk to him to figure out why he is there, I determine that this guy is freaking insane. He starts with some voodoo mumbo jumbo and looks like he is going to eat everyone in the lobby. I close on him and he picks up a large standing metal ashtray (at least 75 lbs) and throws it at me, which I avoid. I yell to the clerk to call the cops as I'm alone on the security detail and unarmed, no gun, no baton, no mace, nothing but a radio, small plastic flashlight and a pair of cuffs.

I get close enough to grab him and get one cuff on, then this guy starts swinging me around by the arm and I'm really swinging in the air and getting dizzy. I let go and get slammed into a wall, now this monster is completely wrecking the lobby, throwing furniture around and the employees and quests are panicking and running away. I find myself alone with the monster and I decide fvck this, it's time to beat some ass. So I'm no longer concerned with the just cuffing this guy, I just want to kick his ass now. So I tackle him and we're just beating the shit out of each other and then the cops finally show up and I jump off and the cops take over and they are trying to take my cuffs off him (one hand only) and he goes crazy again and knocks a cop out cold. His partner jumps on the monster but is a tiny man and gets swatted off pretty easy hits his head on something and is out cold as well, so I jump on the guy again and we're wrestling again and I yell to the clerk  to call some more cops because this guy already beat up the 2 that showed up. So I'm thinking this really sucks but I notice that the cuff is still on his one arm, and I managed to get the other cuff around a no-parking sign (fight went from lobby to front valet area) and jump off to safety. I'm bleeding from everywhere but I go check on the cops, one is starting to come around, the other one is still out. Within the next few minutes, at least 8 cop cars show up. This monster is just standing there calm as hell now. So now the cops have to uncuff him and get him into a police car. They (at least 12 cops) surrounded him and they all had their batons drawn and ready as one cop goes to uncuff him from the sign that I had cuffed him to. As soon as the cuff clicks open, this monster goes off again and is grabbing and throwing cops. A couple cops are just yelling to "shoot him", but they eventually just beat him into submission and get him into a cop car. I never did get my cuffs back but it was a hell of an experience. I did find out later that this guy had escaped from a state hospital and was considered a major nut case and extremely dangerous. Scary, he visits my dreams now and then still. Tough work for $5.00 an hour.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 9:11:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top