Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2005 5:47:12 AM EDT
This reporter is an apologist for all the lawlessness in Milwaukee. Every story that he writes in the Milwaukee Journal always comes to the same conclusion.   That the people that act out in this way are just like the rest of us, except that the police and the system are just trying to make their lives miserable. They are just victims of an oppressive local government.

This is the kind of crap we are up against.

Celebratory gunfire landed ex-felon back in jail
ON WISCONSIN : JS ONLINE : NEWS : MILWAUKEE :
Celebratory gunfire landed ex-felon back in jail
By JAMAAL ABDUL-ALIM
[email protected]
Posted: Dec. 29, 2005

When midnight struck last New Year's Eve, Milwaukee police Officers James McNichol and Chris Elser were forced to take cover underneath the roof of the Fondy Farmers' Market on W. Fond du Lac Ave. because "firearms were being discharged all around them," court records state.

The officers spotted one man in particular firing shots outside a home in the 2100 block of W. Meinecke Ave.

When the officers later approached the residence, they saw a man shoot a gun twice into the air, then run inside.

A minute later, records state, McNichol noticed a red laser beam coming from a kitchen window. The beam was pointed at his chest. He and his partner called for backup.

Officers then entered the house and saw an open bedroom window, which they suspected was a means of escape. A few moments later, they found a video camera and cardboard box full of marijuana.

They watched the videotape and saw on it "firearms that were lined up." The guns included a nickel-plated .45-caliber Llama semiautomatic pistol with a laser sight.

Police later stopped Ray "Black" Thomas, 34, and an acquaintance in a white Cadillac that pulled up to the house. They found a chrome derringer .38 special underneath the seat.

Thomas later admitted that the gun in the car and the ones on the videotape belonged to him. His daughter's mother, Kim Taylor, told police that Thomas apparently started carrying a gun a week earlier, around Christmas. Taylor's daughter told police Thomas had been shooting the gun into the air.

As a felon, Thomas wasn't even supposed to touch a gun. He was charged a few days after the incident and convicted in August of being a felon in possession of a firearm and of marijuana possession. He was sentenced on Dec. 15 to two years in prison on the gun charge and five years of extended supervision.

Some of the last scenes on the home video seized by police show Thomas hugging and kissing his daughter.

Being separated from his daughter and his other seven children, Thomas says now, is difficult.

"It's killing me," Thomas said in a recent interview at the county jail.

From the Dec. 30, 2005, editions of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:54:33 AM EDT
[#1]
"Awww maaaannnn, the po-po be keeping theys foots on me!  I gotsda ayds, da hi-5 (HIV), bat teefus's, bat foots, aint seen me kidz, my baby momma, aint nuthin.  All da man gotz to duz is mess wif me.  Awww Maaaannnn, dat aint right...see what I'm sayin'?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top