Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/1/2015 3:27:55 AM EDT
Music.

Here's a few, add your favorites..

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:29:40 AM EDT
So when are you posting something Tejas does better?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:33:10 AM EDT
I've been jammin' some Gary Clark Jr lately.

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:33:15 AM EDT
Goddamnit... just "upgradded" to windows 10 and now I'm fucked I guess.

eta.. do I just leave the s in the copy pasta now?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:35:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 8:48:50 AM EDT
Isn't Lady Gaga from Texas ?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:55:04 AM EDT
Amen and God Bless the Lone Star state
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:57:19 AM EDT
Bastardo! I was thinking of posting a similar thread!
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:58:08 AM EDT
Motown disagrees....
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:02:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:04:21 AM EDT
lol...Texas
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:04:29 AM EDT
Not bad if you can't listen to the real deal I suppose.

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:17:21 AM EDT
Wife went to San Antonio for a month.  I went down for four days to check things out.  Texas had been our #1 choice for where we'd like to settle eventually.

Here's what we learned that Texas does better than anywhere else we've been:

Shittier drivers:  It was a daily occurrence to nearly get into an auto accident because of morons not knowing how to look before changing lanes.  It happened four times in one day while I was there.  On that same day, we had two idiots cross the double-yellow line and nearly crash into us head-on.

Ruder people:  Nearly everyone we had the misfortune to have to interact with was as rude as the rudest folks we've dealt with in Chicago.  With the exception of one waitress at a restaurant on the San Antonio Riverwalk, people were just dicks.  My wife and I are very mellow, ;aid-back people.  It really shocked us.

Anti-gun sentiment:  This just completely flabbergasted me.  I saw more "OMG NO EVIL GUNS IN HERE" signs in Texas than I've seen anywhere in Ohio.  I traveled down there with my G19.  It was in a locked case which was inside a locked, hard-sided suitcase that had a locking suitcase strap on the outside of it Ammo was in a separate locked hard-sided case.  

I expected to get some crap at the airport when I left Ohio but everyone there was cool. When I left Texas, they had a friggin meltdown.  Pulled me into a side room and had TSA come fuck with me (mind you, I had also identified myself as an LEO first thing) and then lock the bag in a locker inside the side room.  Everyone involved in that episode talked to me like I was some child-molesting criminal.

The end result was that in four days Texas went from a place that I really wanted to fall in love with to being a place I have no desire to ever go to again.

I guess it's possible we just "got lucky" and that our experience was just a weird fluke, but damn.  WTF, Texas.

TL;DR: My experience is that Texas is full of rude hoplophobes who can't drive to save their (or anyone else's) life. YMMV.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:20:19 AM EDT
One of the best albums of all time came from a Texas band.

Flickerstick - Welcoming Home the Astronauts.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:22:34 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Post is full of fail.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

You can say what you want about the last 4 but if you do not like George Jones he stopped loving her today you are the failure
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:26:00 AM EDT
Quoted:
Wife went to San Antonio for a month.  I went down for four days to check things out.  Texas had been our #1 choice for where we'd like to settle eventually.

Shittier drivers:  It was a daily occurrence to nearly get into an auto accident because of morons not knowing how to look before changing lanes.  It happened four times in one day while I was there.  On that same day, we had two idiots cross the double-yellow line and nearly crash into us head-on.

Ruder people:  Nearly everyone we had the misfortune to have to interact with was as rude as the rudest folks we've dealt with in Chicago.  With the exception of one waitress at a restaurant on the San Antonio Riverwalk, people were just dicks.  My wife and I are very mellow, ;aid-back people.  It really shocked us.

Anti-gun sentiment:  This just completely flabbergasted me.  I saw more "OMG NO EVIL GUNS IN HERE" signs in Texas than I've seen anywhere in Ohio.  I traveled down there with my G19.  It was in a locked case which was inside a locked, hard-sided suitcase that had a locking suitcase strap on the outside of it Ammo was in a separate locked hard-sided case.  

I expected to get some crap at the airport when I left Ohio but everyone there was cool. When I left Texas, they had a friggin meltdown.  Pulled me into a side room and had TSA come fuck with me (mind you, I had also identified myself as an LEO first thing) and then lock the bag in a locker inside the side room.  Everyone involved in that episode talked to me like I was some child-molesting criminal.

The end result was that in four days Texas went from a place that I really wanted to fall in love with to being a place I have no desire to ever go to again.

I guess it's possible we just "got lucky" and that our experience was just a weird fluke, but damn.  WTF, Texas.

TL;DR: My experience is that Texas is full of rude hoplophobes who can't drive to save their (or anyone else's) life. YMMV.
View Quote

Looks like we got lucky too

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:28:35 AM EDT

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:32:01 AM EDT

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:32:36 AM EDT

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

As if to prove my point...

Yeah, because having pro-gun, conservatives move to your state is worse than having libtard Californians move to your state.

Texas wins again
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:35:22 AM EDT

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:36:15 AM EDT
Good Lord. Proof positive Texans have shit for taste.

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:39:59 AM EDT

Quoted:

Good Lord. Proof positive Texans have shit for taste.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:41:31 AM EDT

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:43:23 AM EDT
Quoted:

Yeah, because having pro-gun, conservatives move to your state is worse than having libtard Californians move to your state.

Texas wins again
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Texas wins again

Are you sure it ain't you?

I've been here for over 2 years from NY and everyone has been friendly.  Even to a Yankee.  

Of course, I'm polite.  My wife is impatient and has gotten curt with people in public, I notice people will often reciprocate when that happens.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:46:14 AM EDT

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:47:37 AM EDT
Quoted:
Motown disagrees....
View Quote

Yeah no kidding.

Not enough internet to list all the greats.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:52:04 AM EDT

Quoted:

I've been here for over 2 years from NY and everyone has been friendly.  Even to a Yankee.  

Of course, I'm polite.  My wife is impatient and has gotten curt with people in public, I notice people will often reciprocate when that happens.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Texas wins again

I'm as sure as I can be.  As I said, my wife and I are very laid back people and polite to a fault.  I was raised to say "sir" and "ma'am" and to hold doors for ladies and all that kind of stuff.  My working theory is that it was due to San Antonio being such a large city, so you're likely to find ruder behavior.  It'll be a long while before I go back that way to find out though.

I was only there for four days.  Wife unit was there for a month.  She said that what I saw was just the tip of the iceberg.  There was something nearly every single day she was there.  She's a total sweetheart of a person too.  We really were disappointed.

On the other hand, my brother likes Texas.  His experiences have been different though as he frequents different parts of the state.

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:54:02 AM EDT

Quoted:
Yeah no kidding.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Motown disagrees....

Yeah no kidding.

Mowtown kicked out a ton of great music but hasn't really produced much in the last 20 years. Texas has done it for almost 100 years.

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:55:02 AM EDT

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:56:31 AM EDT

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:00:44 PM EDT

Quoted:

Mowtown kicked out a ton of great music but hasn't really produced much in the last 20 years. Texas has done it for almost 100 years.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Motown disagrees....

Yeah no kidding.

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:05:00 PM EDT
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1,000,000,000

Maybe you'd like New York much better??

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:07:00 PM EDT

Quoted:
+1,000,000,000

BIGGER_HAMMER
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1,000,000,000

BIGGER_HAMMER

R>C>P
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:13:18 PM EDT

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:20:09 PM EDT

And because I've watched so many videos from my dad's side of the family that look just like these.  Videos taken of all the cousins from the family farms between Plainview and Petersburg.  Washed out color video of the family on Sunday.  The WW2 vets still wearing their khakis.  The grey suits and tall black Stetsons.  Simple flowered dresses and chiffon Sunday best.  Kids in cowboy hats with stampede strings and toy rifles.  

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:28:42 PM EDT

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:29:44 PM EDT
Thread needs moar William Clark Green.... too many moldy oldies in here.......

And some Dalton Domino wouldn't hurt

For all the shit people talk about Lubbock, it sure puts out some damn god artists
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:31:44 PM EDT

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:32:23 PM EDT
You forgot Dale Watson.
I went to Texas with my wife.  I went from Dallas to Galveston. The idea was to see if we wanted to move there.  I can't wait to go back,and would love to move there. My wife,she bitched and moaned alot drivers,traffic,now it's the floods and tornadoes. She liked it but now she says she doesn't want to move there. My opinion  of Texas was it's the best state we have.I really enjoyed my time there and especially  liked it in hill country. I'll be moving there regardless of if my wife wants to go or not. I like guns, vote republican, and work hard. From  Some of the posts I see around here,ya'll  need more people like me there.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:32:30 PM EDT

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:34:32 PM EDT

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:36:53 PM EDT

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:39:42 PM EDT

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good. We're full.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:39:54 PM EDT
Quoted:

Texas wins again
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Texas wins again

Look buddy I ain't going to beg anyone to come here.  You come down here for a week and run into a bunch of your kind who came down here from Michigan and Ohio  in the 80's and you think Texans are rude.  You run into half of South America driving the streats and think Texans can't drive. You see a few 3006 signs in liberal shit holes occupied  by yankees and corporations run by yankees and you think we are anti gun.
fella, you don't know shit about Texas and we ain't got the time to teach you.

Plenty of your Yankee brethren get it and are welcome but you dont and I ain't going to beg you.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:44:17 PM EDT

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:51:14 PM EDT
Sorry - I'll take Rex Allen and "Arizona".

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:52:16 PM EDT

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:52:28 PM EDT

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:55:12 PM EDT

Quoted:

Sorry - I'll take Rex Allen and "Arizona".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7xedmvJTzk

View Quote
If I couldn't live in Texas I'd live in Arizona.

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:58:06 PM EDT

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top