Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/21/2005 9:26:09 AM EDT
They've got this "Craftsman Club" where if you join (for free) they have special sales for tools at reduced prices. When I first joined about ten years ago, the sales were basically 10-20% off anything in the tools department.

I haven't seen a sale like that (where they chop off a percentage of the price) for years now. Now all they do is target certain tools that you can save money on.

Anyone else a "Craftsman Club" member? Have you noticed this?

BTW, I'm still a sucker for the Craftsman tool department.

PS- We just had a K-Mart get replaced by a Sears Essentials store 2 miles from my house.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:38:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/21/2005 9:39:59 AM EDT by torstin]
im a club member, but as you mention, its not what it used to be. for the past several years (since ive only been a meber for that long) during the club days you would get 10% off ANY craftsman product...invluding sale and clearance prices...and even on the website. now its only on certain items on certain days. items i usually have no need for. i believe this changed at the start of 2005.

back in the day though, i always took advantage of the club discount and frequently found stuff i needed in the clearance section of my store or sears.com. for whatever reason, my store had an incredible clearnce section. between that and sears.com, i managed to outfit myself with many tools at a fraction of the retail price. usually 60-80% off when all dicounts applied. usually free shipping too.

i may not think the best of all craftsman tools, but they can definitely be a good value at times.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:53:57 AM EDT
My mom has worked for Sears for 15 years. I get all the good deals
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:50:19 AM EDT
I'm a member and I remember when it used to be a good thing.
I also remember when they stopped it.
I tried to use it like I always had done and the manager told me that they were not doing that anymore. I think I waited for a long time after that before I started getting flyers again at home for "selected stuff".
I buy alot of of my Craftsman stuff at auto shows and swap meets now.
I usually see these guys at the shows www.sastool.com/ and even though most of their stuff is Chinese crap, they do have Channel Lock, Vise Grip and sometimes Craftsman.
I have no idea how they get them, but sometimes, they are better than the store.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:20:38 PM EDT
If anyone other than Sears is selling new Craftsman tools they are either selling knock off crap or breaking the law.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:19:55 PM EDT
yeah, I noticed they changed the policy this year. It is now only the stuff in the flyer. I am glad I bought all of the bigger items when it was 10% off any Craftsman Tools.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:29:29 PM EDT
my flyer arrived yesterday. didnt see anything id consider a good deal...even with the discount.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:59:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By torstin:
my flyer arrived yesterday. didnt see anything id consider a good deal...even with the discount.

I got one a couple of weeks ago, what are the sale dates on this one?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:05:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By YELLOWV:
If anyone other than Sears is selling new Craftsman tools they are either selling knock off crap or breaking the law.

I see the sale of Craftsman tools at AAFES BX/PX's.. so I think there may be an exception to your rule.
Top Top