Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/17/2003 6:30:43 PM EDT
So, I finally get over the whole "possibly serratus, possibly cardiac wall damage" self-diagnosis episode and started working out again. Yay, me. No worries. It's all good. Last week, I took off from resistance and really picked up the cardio. Good for me. On a roll. Donated blood last Friday - the 13th - like I try to do every 8 weeks and found my arm felt a little "tweaky" afterwards. That was a first, but no biggie. By Saturday, I noticed a little bruising but it was lower than the puncture wound and still no big deal. Decided not to start working out again, just to give it a rest. Now it's Tuesday night and I've got this humongous, disgusting, yellow sea of a bruise spreading from my elbow halfway to my wrist. There's a great island of mottled purple and red in the middle. Doesn't hurt - I've been poking it, so I'd know - but it sure looks scary. Needless to say, I've been avoiding exercise... just in case. The wife is *not* real happy with my "Honey, look at this neat shade of blue next to the jaundiced yellow!" routine but we're both out of work and our medical benes have expired. I'd rather not shell out the bucks if it turns out to be nothing (seems redundant to pay for medical care *and* life insurance [:P]) but I'm at least stopping in the Bonfils center tomorrow to ask if they've seen this before or if I need to be quarantined before it chews itself out and breeds. Anyway, anyone else ever have this reaction to giving blood?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:42:27 PM EDT
zombie virus we'll have to amputate [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:52:30 PM EDT
pics... we need pics!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:58:41 PM EDT
my gf is a nurse, I passed that along to her and this is what she sez:
sounds like possibly the vein got ruptured..... can happen...... definitely a bruise..... if it is yellow...then the bruising is fading...... he might ask at Bonfils......... just to see... but tell him to [red]PUT ICE ON IT[/red]
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:36:14 PM EDT
7IDL - thanks to you and your gf. Takes all the fun out of speculating but it was kind of you both nonetheless. Durk - no camera, no pics! Kinda like "No justice, no peace" only geekier. Red_Beard - I feared as much. I figured it was unrelated to donating and, instead, came from reading too many SHTF Zombie posts. Luckily, I jer... um, shoot right-handed so the chop won't impact me that badly. Besides, it'd give me the chance to mount a chainsaw a la Army of Darkness. Sweeeeet....
Top Top