Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2003 1:31:27 PM EDT
[url]http://www.boston.com/dailynews/175/region/More_human_remains_found_at_Ne:.shtml[/url]

More human remains found at Newark park
By Associated Press, 6/24/2003 05:25

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) Authorities seeking to identify a headless body found in a city park this month have uncovered more human remains there, but they have not determined whether they came from the same person.

The badly decomposed remains were found around noon Monday in a tree at Branch Brook Park, said Judy Gagliano, a spokeswoman for the Essex County Prosecutor's Office. She said the remains were about 60 feet up in the tree, which is in the same area where the body was found June 15 by a group of people using metal detectors to hunt for coins.

Gagliano said the remains were found by detectives with the prosecutor's office who happened to look up at the tree. She said the remains had previously been blocked from sight by foliage, and authorities do not know how the remains ended up in the tree.

The decomposed body has been studied by medical examiners, but so far they have been unable to determine its sex or how the person was killed.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 2:05:35 PM EDT
[#1]
John Lott should write another book, "More Guns, Less Human Remains." [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 2:25:23 PM EDT
[#2]
"Another reason to avoid NJ (like we needed another one)"

For you to have the balls to post about jersey being so bad being that you are from that most liberal gun grabbing POS State Kalifornia is beyond gaul, I am not defending NJ as much as I am saying you better clean up your fucked up state before you open your mouth about anyone else's fucked up state.
There are more serial killers living and working out of that fucking home of the national assault weapon ban then there is in the next ten states.
You are living in a very thin glass house to be throwing stones at Jersey.

For the record this state where I was born (NJ) Is FUBAR!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 2:54:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I kinda agree with jrzy. I mean, sure, New Jersey is a total fucking shithole worthy of MAYBE a nuke, assuming someone wanted to waste the uranium on a state that is already a wasteland to begin with.
But dogging it coming from CA?
C'mon man...

Both places should be fenced off and burned.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:00:31 PM EDT
[#4]
60 feet up in a tree? [shock]

What the heck is that all about; sounds like a killer orangutan.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:02:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh, I totally agree with your view of the Democratic People's Republik of Kalifornistan.  This place sucks donkey ass as far as politics and meddling special interest groups.

You want to push the button and take the place out, be my guest.  I'm more than willing to take one for the team.

BTW, I've been to NJ several times.  Except for the big cities and the politics it would be a great place to live.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:04:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:10:05 PM EDT
[#7]
With the exception of the several miles of fart surrounding Elizabeth, Jersey is a beautiful state. Great location, great shore, great looking women.

Too bad the taxes suck, its the most crowded state in the nation, the roads although excellent are always jammed, and it's packed with welfare recipients.

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:21:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe it was that really cool, by that I mean totally sweet ninja who just flipped out and cut off the victim's head for looking at him wrong.  

Do we know any ninjas in jerzey?  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:25:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I think it says more about Newark that while examining one set of remains --found by civilians in a public park, there long enough to badly decompose--that another set of remains up in a tree in the same park also went unnoticed long enough to badly decompose (or unreported by the locals)than it does about the rest of NJ.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:35:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd like to know how they found a tree in Newark to put the body and what exit it is near.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:29:33 PM EDT
[#11]
You people would make Columbo cringe,
always overlooking the obvious,
The victim must have fallen or jumped or was pushed out of a plane flown by a serial killer from Kalifornia [:D]

Iceman was only partly a serial killer ,he was a contract killer for the wise guys up north, he gets paid for the $wack$
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:47:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The victim must have fallen or jumped or was pushed out of a plane flown by a serial killer from Kalifornia [:D]
View Quote

LOL

Either that, or the body was there so long, that the tree grew around it. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:04:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I heard they have really BIG squirrels up in Jersey.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:18:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:53:41 PM EDT
[#15]
It is Predator III.

Call Arnie, unless we could train it to hunt and eat polititians.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:17:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:25:46 PM EDT
[#17]
It is 'The Predator', Call Jesse and Arnold.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:27:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I go to university in Newark, so I know the area.

Nothing surprising here, its branchbrook. You can walk across the lake in that park and not get your socks wet...

Its mostly territorial drug dealers, they don't bother ordinary folk. I have a friend who lives a block away, despite the murders... the park is a pretty nice hangout.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:55:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Just what the hell does this have to do with Laci Peterson?

ED
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top