Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2002 11:42:23 AM EDT
Ok sorry to bring another one up but this is just something I have thought of. If we are going to have a War On Terrorism  should we not kick are own a$$es?

Just think about it a little to use we are not terrorist at all but to other country they might think we are the terrorist. Right? Don't think we only send SEALS, Rangers and Marine Recon out on "Peace keeping missions." There are a hell of a lot of people that think we are just as bad or worse the terrorist because we get off with it. This is just a thought.

I have said it once and I'll say it 100 more times I fully support are military and are men and woman that are fighting right now. GOD BLESS ALL OF THEM .
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 12:05:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Terrorism involves deliberately targeting non-combatants.  Peacekeeping and nation-building are sticking your nose in a conflict where it doesn't belong.  Even when the US is peacekeeping we don't target non-combatants.

This is not intended to claim that the US should be doing peacekeeping operations or that those who have been "peacekeeped" do not have just complaints against the US.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 12:14:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Terrorism involves deliberately targeting non-combatants.  Peacekeeping and nation-building are sticking your nose in a conflict where it doesn't belong.  Even when the US is peacekeeping we don't target non-combatants.

This is not intended to claim that the US should be doing peacekeeping operations or that those who have been "peacekeeped" do not have just complaints against the US.
View Quote

Ask the people that Clinton blow up to take heat off him about getting a BJ I'm sure they would tell you that he was just trying to keep the peace . I'm sure that was peace keeping. We stick are noes in more things then we should it's not peace keeping it's just being noses and throwing are weight around.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 1:13:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Ask the people that Clinton blow up to take heat off him about getting a BJ I'm sure they would tell you that he was just trying to keep the peace . I'm sure that was peace keeping. We stick are noes in more things then we should it's not peace keeping it's just being noses and throwing are weight around.
View Quote

The people Clinton attacked were not innocent people.  The attacks were ineffective eyewash that didn't accomplish anything, but he didn't strike at civilians deliberately.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 1:23:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmmmmmm, I seem to recall something about Clinton striking a civilian pharmacutical company in Sudan. Then there was the bombing of a privately owned TV station in Serbia. Funny....no "war crimes" charges in either case, even though intentionally striking civilian targets are considered a war crime.....
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 1:45:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ah, I did use an absolute when I shouldn't have.  How about "It is a deviation from normal US policy to deliberately target non-combatants, even when involved in peacekeeping."?
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 1:51:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hmmmmmm, I seem to recall something about Clinton striking a civilian pharmacutical company in Sudan. Then there was the bombing of a privately owned TV station in Serbia. Funny....no "war crimes" charges in either case, even though intentionally striking civilian targets are considered a war crime.....
View Quote

Thanks for the back up!!

If you think are government is just doing there "Peace keeping " crape them get in line with the people who thought that Nam vet's where baby killers.

Are government is guilt of so many things. We are in fact terrorist  to some people. Look at Korea or Vietnam we had nothing to do with that. What we where trying to stop the spread of communists? Who gives a rat a$$ if there commes is it hurting us? No it's not we tried to force are beliefs on them, Like the Spanish tried to do to the Jewish.

Are government is just as bad as anyone and if you think there just these angles well then you need to stop and go to the gun gabbing gun hating side because you sound just like them now.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 1:54:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
Ah, I did use an absolute when I shouldn't have.  How about "It is a deviation from normal US policy to deliberately target non-combatants, even when involved in peacekeeping."?
View Quote

I'm buying....[beer]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 3:25:04 PM EDT
[#8]
bttt
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 8:34:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

And you actually believed the people who told the press those things?  Are you actually that gullible?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top