Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2002 6:13:44 PM EDT
Well, scratch another person off the anti/afraid of guns list.

matt and i took one of his co-workers shooting for the first time today.  she was really afraid of guns in general, but more afraid of the loud popping sound she associated with them.

that was our biggest hurdle.  poor thing:  she stood there for the longest time aiming that .22 before she could will herself to pull the trigger.  and her hands, heck, her whole body, were just shaking.  shaking so bad i didn't know if she would be able to keep a hold of the firearm.

but after that first shot, things really started looking up.  in fact, i think she was almost having fun.  as we left the range, we asked her if it was an overall positive experience or negative.  her response:  "oh, positive.  definitely positive."

she was a pretty good shot too.  no, she was really good.

man that felt good.  i only wish we weren't moving away so that we could really introduce her to shooting.  i'm afraid she'll never get a chance to go back.  and i'm not sure she's got enough initiative to get started on her own.

just thought this little bit of victory should be shared!

Link Posted: 3/12/2002 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 6:36:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Some of my most memorable experiences from college are very similar.  I loved taking anti-gunners to the range for some serious Anschutz plinking.  It worked every time![:)]
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 8:27:55 PM EDT
[#3]
moving on up.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 8:31:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool deal! Miss ARlady! Soon there will be as many shooters as there are stars in the sky.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 8:32:35 PM EDT
[#5]
What range did you go to? If you say Caswells ill be very upset.[heavy]
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 10:12:08 PM EDT
[#6]
ARlady, at least she will see firearms in a new light and possibly become a much needed voting ally.  nice story
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:15:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

edited my shameful post.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 8:06:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 8:57:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

[red]the shameless post has died a quiet death.  and jenn still feels bad about it.[/red]
View Quote

Sweetie, he probably meant he lives five minutes away from it and he's upset you didn't invite him!!  [:D]
View Quote

oh!  [:I]  dang!  now don't i feel silly.  it never even entered my mind.  oh, crap.  i thought his smiley was indicative of shooting down at the bad idea of going to caswell's.  dang it!

geesh.  dang the internet for not being able to convey tone of voice!!!!!!!  [>:/]  my apologies, sir.  if i see you at BRC, i'll buy you a round.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 11:04:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top