Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2012 8:22:21 AM EDT
http://www.theleafchronicle.com/article/20121119/news01/311190025/dog-shot-in-head-by-police-officer?odyssey=tab|mostpopular|text|frontpage

When Allen ran outside, she said the police officer said he was sorry and immediately called his sergeant.

Police currently have no comments on the matter and said the incident is an ongoing internal investigation.

Allen is still unsure what happened. She said Bonnie was on a chain and clearly within her property.

“I don’t know what Bonnie did,” Allen said. “Patrol cops have come up and petted Bonnie before.”

Bonnie, also known as “Boo Boo,” was well-liked throughout the neighborhood and known as a friendly dog that wouldn’t hurt anyone.

“I let my one-year-old run around with that dog,” said Beth Ann Smith, a next-door neighbor of Allen. “Out of all my time living here I’ve only heard the dog bark once.”

Bonnie was not only a family member of the Allen’s, but also to the rest of the neighborhood.

“My grandchildren played with Bonnie every day,” said neighbor Hugh Whited. “The whole neighborhood loved her.”

Apparently he was looking for a runaway teenager, so wanted to search the backyard where the dog was.  I think he could have asked the owner to bring the dog in so he could check out the yard instead of just shooting the dog, but I'm not a trained professional in these matters.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 10:45:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Does not confict with any previous peace agreement.  It was just celebratory gunfire.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top