Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2001 10:56:56 AM EDT
Was bored so I cruised around some local gun shops today.  Was looking around and noticed a couple of AR's in the corner.  After eying an AR-10 for some time I noticed a "preban" for around 900.  It was labeled as pre ban upper, post ban lower, even had a bayonet attached.  Diverting my attention towards magazines, I notice that he had Colt USGI's, 20's and 30's, for the great low price of 50 bucks a pop.  I bought some ammo and thanked the guy for his time.

ques
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 11:02:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Dumb-asses that think the gun business is just another way to make money screw us all.  This idiot will probably sell that illegal AR to some unsuspecting person who could eventually get burned.  Guys like Bob Stewart, who should have learned their lesson, screw us all when they get busted.  It's hard enough trying to avoid the stereotype of "dumb gun owner" without these non-enthusiast jerks screwing it up for all of us.

I have no sympathy for these types.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 11:05:49 AM EDT
[#2]
The only "crime" that Bob Stewart committed was believing (and rightly so) in the inalienable rights within the 2nd Amendment. He is a political prisoner.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 11:18:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I run a shop in a small town and there is another shop just like you are talking about. I hate it when somebody comes in here and tells me how bad they got screwed. I guess that guy is good for my business because I have lots of guys who say that they won't shop there anymore.
There are still lots more goodguys than assholes in the gun business.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 11:40:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Why the heck did that Stupid Ass "Political Prisoner" keep such good computer records of his clients????
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Well gee maybe because he was running a business?
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 11:54:17 AM EDT
[#6]
After reading another thread, I think that anytime the owner of the gunstore doesn't tear up your receipt and throw it in your face while telling you to get the f*@# out of his store and never come back because you simply told him that a competitor offers a product for a couple of bucks less should be considered a good day.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 12:12:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh, I don't know... I had an experience a couple months ago where the dealer handed me a rifle off the shelf and told me to "point it at his nose" 'cause I wasn't holding it correctly...

Seeing extra-high prices doesn't seem so bad after that encounter [:D]

Link Posted: 5/22/2001 12:27:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Boomer I think you've embellished the story a little, ref that Walmart post.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 12:31:46 PM EDT
[#9]
It is getting pretty sad how there isn't a decent place to go and shop around.  I haven't had a good experience in one of these places in a while.  Seems like everyone's out to rip you off nowadays.  It takes an act of Congress to even get them to acknowledge you when you go in their store.  Oh well... if only they knew how much more business they would get if they straightened up.

ques
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 12:41:45 PM EDT
[#10]
My favorite experience was with a pawn shop owner. He says " check tis out" and hands me an HK93. When I rack the handle, a 5.56 goes flingin' across the store. When I drop the fully loaded mag I said " is that what you wanted to show me?!" All he could muster up was an oops. I heard he was killed in a plane crash a couple of years later( a la JFKjr.) I wouldn't have flown with him!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top