Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 12/27/2005 3:52:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2005 3:53:48 PM EDT by TheKill]
Yeah, we don't need CCW, ESPECIALLY in Milwaukee!!!!
This happened on the north side, the most "diverse" area in the city.

www.jsonline.com/news/metro/dec05/380701.asp

Man dragged from car, beaten by group of young men
Victim in critical condition; he had honked his horn at the group in street
By JOHN DIEDRICH
jdiedrich@journalsentinel.com
Posted: Dec. 27, 2005
A 50-year-old Milwaukee man suffered "severe head trauma" and is in critical condition today after he was dragged from his car and beaten by a group of 15 young men last night, police said. It is unclear if the man will survive, a police spokeswoman said.

More Information?
The Journal Sentinel is interested in talking to anyone who might have witnessed this beating or who knows the victim, whom police have not identified. Call 414-224-2320 or e-mail.

Also, police are asking that anyone with information call its anonymous tip line at 1-800-78CRIME
Advertisement

A Milwaukee police official earlier today incorrectly characterized the victim's injuries as minor, said department spokeswoman Anne E. Schwartz.

She said the man, whom police would not identify, was at Froedtert Lutheran Memorial Hospital in critical condition. Police are treating the case as an attempted homicide, she said. No one has been arrested.

Schwartz gave this account of the incident:

The man was driving in 4700 block of N. 36th St. when he came upon a large group of people standing in the street about 11 p.m. Monday. The man honked his horn. He was then dragged from his car, and beaten and kicked in the body and head. Police received a call of "shots fired" and officers arrived to find the victim lying in the street and the group gone. Police did not find evidence of a shooting.

Officers were told there were as many as 30 people in the street when the man was beaten, Sgt. Melissa Pettke said earlier today.

Police are looking for at least 15 suspects, estimated to be between 16 and 23 years old. Police are asking anyone with information on the crime to call the anonymous We Tip hotline at 1-800-78CRIME.

The beating is similar to a rash of group violence that took place last year when there were four beatings in four weeks, leaving one man dead and three others seriously injured. None of the beatings was related.

David Rutledge, a 54-year-old man with schizophrenia, was robbed and beaten on July 4, 2004. He later died. Six teens were charged. One was convicted, four had charges dropped and one is awaiting trial.

Four days later, a 14-year-old boy was kicked, punched and hit in the head with a piece of lumber after he had exchanged words with a girl on a playground. She summoned older relatives, who allegedly beat the boy.

Two weeks later, a Milwaukee man was beaten by a group of men after a girl in the neighborhood falsely accused him of indecently touching her.

And finally on July 29, 2004, a 16-year-old boy and his brothers were beaten by a group armed with bats, bottles, sticks and socks stuffed with canned food, after someone with the victims called someone a "faggot."

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:56:24 PM EDT
Officers were told there were as many as 30 people in the street when the man was beaten.

How does that saying go?

"Ammo at a gunfight is like bubblegum in grade school: If you havent brought enough for everyone, you're in trouble."
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:57:47 PM EDT
Too damn cold for stuff like that to be going on in WI now. Save it for summer you crazy bastards....
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:59:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2005 4:04:28 PM EDT by Hellhound]
Sounds like those chillin' were wilding!!!

It aint their fault!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:06:09 PM EDT
A distinct lack of mention about the color of the people in the crowd...

If it was a bunch of whites that did it to a monority, it would be in huge print....
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:10:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Hydguy:

If it was a bunch of whites that did it to a monority, it would be in huge print....

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:10:42 PM EDT
It's a jungle out there........literally.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:12:22 PM EDT
Every one of these mass episodes of violence in Milwaukee have been perpetrated by people that I cannot describe, as it would be a CoC violation.

It's all "the Man's" fault!!!!!

Milwaukee has to be in the running to surpass Cincinnati as "reverse racism" AND "minority riot behavior" capitol of the US. Whoops, I take that back. Enough white people have fled the actual City of Milwaukee that whites are actually a minority now!

I used to work in that area. I always kept my doors locked and at stoplights always left enough room to go around the guy ahead of me in case I had to unass the area in a hurry. On occasion there was also a 230 grain lead pill dispenser legally transported on the seat next to me.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:46:31 PM EDT
In situations like that the long thin pedal under your right foot can work just as well as the trigger on your CCW.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:52:08 PM EDT
And yet another reason to lock your doors when driving.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:01:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AR15fan:
In situations like that the long thin pedal under your right foot can work just as well as the trigger on your CCW.

+1 How the hell do you get dragged from your car? Buncha grease spots would be all that was left!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:13:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheKill:
Enough white people have fled the actual City of Milwaukee that whites are actually a minority now!

You know what kind of white person it takes to survive in Milwaukee?

J/K
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:16:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bulldog1967:
Officers were told there were as many as 30 people in the street when the man was beaten.

How does that saying go?

"Ammo at a gunfight is like bubblegum in grade school: If you havent brought enough for everyone, you're in trouble."

Two shots would scatter the rats. No need for 30.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:18:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bulldog1967:

How does that saying go?

See sig.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:28:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:31:25 PM EDT
wheres that video of that girl beaten and dragged out of that car in oakland or wherever the hell it was?

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:35:42 PM EDT
I grew up in WI, and now every time I go home to visit, I make sure that I don't have to stop in Milwaukee for anything. I have a couple of friends who still live there, and they are moving first chance they get.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:38:43 PM EDT
thats why I got that AR in a rifle mount attached to my dash, of course if it were me that was surrounded by the toughs, I'da just slammed it to low and hit the gas, woulda looked like a bowlin' lane time I was through.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:49:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheKill:
Every one of these mass episodes of violence in Milwaukee have been perpetrated by people that I cannot describe, as it would be a CoC violation.

It's all "the Man's" fault!!!!!

Milwaukee has to be in the running to surpass Cincinnati as "reverse racism" AND "minority riot behavior" capitol of the US. Whoops, I take that back. Enough white people have fled the actual City of Milwaukee that whites are actually a minority now!

I used to work in that area. I always kept my doors locked and at stoplights always left enough room to go around the guy ahead of me in case I had to unass the area in a hurry. On occasion there was also a 230 grain lead pill dispenser legally transported on the seat next to me.

I like those
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:12:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Hydguy:

Victim is black, as were the previous two mob beating victims in the city of milwaukee in the past few years (both of them died).

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:52:00 PM EDT

The man was driving in 4700 block of N. 36th St. when he came upon a large group of people standing in the street about 11 p.m. Monday. The man honked his horn. He was then dragged from his car, and beaten and kicked in the body and head. Police received a call of "shots fired" and officers arrived to find the victim lying in the street and the group gone. Police did not find evidence of a shooting.

The only reason the cops showed up was to confisacte any guns.
Top Top