Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2002 7:49:53 PM EDT
[url=http://www.sacbee.com/content/news/story/1594130p-1670452c.html]Sad Truth Here[/url]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 8:02:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't believe he's active Navy. Real shame. [:(]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 8:10:45 PM EDT
[#2]
That guy's gonna get a beat down.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 8:23:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 8:58:56 PM EDT
[#4]
[url]www.sacbee.com/content/lifestyle/story/1594168p-1670479c.html[/url]

Reached at the home of his fiancée in Cleveland, where he was completing a month's leave, McCauley admitted that he fabricated many details of his military service to The Bee. In the same breath, however, he still claimed: "I wasn't in (SEAL) training for more than a week, but my mom didn't know that I had dropped training, and I didn't want to let her down. So I just kind of went along with it."

But the truth is that McCauley never entered SEAL training for any length of time, according to records kept by both the Naval Personnel Command and the Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL (BUD/S) school in Coronado. McCauley has been assigned to the Kitty Hawk since April 2000, barely six months after he enlisted.
View Quote

Liar Liar - pants on fire.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 5:44:38 AM EDT
[#5]
SOF magazine did an article a while back about a retired SEAL who actually quit his full time job & now does nothing but expose imposters. Even the tv show "JAG" did an episode on a politician who was faking being a SEAL.
Of course all these "will work for food, Viet Nam Veteran" yahoos next to the interstate on-ramps are also full of s**t. Despite showing the newsrags solid proof that these idiots never served or never made it thru basic, they never run a correction.

------------------------------------------------I live in a modest house with an immodest array of guns.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 5:50:37 AM EDT
[#6]
He'll probably face some Navy discipline too....hopefully.  Maybe he'll be keelhauled
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 6:09:27 AM EDT
[#7]
What possesses people to claim that they did stuff they never did?  I cannot understand this.  I could understand a few minor details becoming blurred with the passage of time and memory, but why invent stories?
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 6:15:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Imagine... being keelhauled on a Nimitz class carrier.  That's got to be about equivalent to a day in a BUD/S class fer sure. [;)]
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 6:35:22 AM EDT
[#9]
"will work for food, Viet Nam Veteran" yahoos next to the interstate
View Quote

And most of them look young enough that it looks like it would be more likely their fathers were in Vietnam.

I just don't get it.  If you're going to screw with a group of people, why would you pick the SEAL's?  That's just asking for trouble.  That's like a burglar moving to Texas for easier pickings.z
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 6:38:39 AM EDT
[#10]
I dare say, that man is in deep trouble.

I hope his E.T.S date is very soon.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 7:11:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Ummmm, wasn't an ADMIN from a "competing but failing sadly" board also exposed publicly for being a fake SEAL..?

Oh gosh, what was his name...  I'm thinking it is "D" something or other!  [:D]
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 7:16:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ummmm, wasn't an ADMIN from a "competing but failing sadly" board also exposed publicly for being a fake SEAL..?

Oh gosh, what was his name...  I'm thinking it is "D" something or other!  [:D]
View Quote

I think he was exposed as a ferret of some sort actually...

Seriously- Really?  No!  I think THAT is hilarious!

Link Posted: 2/9/2002 7:29:46 AM EDT
[#13]
This reminds me of an incident during Desert Shield.  I was stationed at RAF Bentwaters in England during the time.  We had an E-4 in my squadron go back to the states on leave telling everybody he was a pilot and had flown many missions during the Desert Shield phase of the war.  

Needless to say, his hometown made a big to-do over him and the press showed up to interview him.  I'm not sure how he finally got exposed but I remember seeing the exposure covered on CNN.  When he got back to Bentwaters I think he was charged with impersonating an officer and given a bad conduct discharge.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 2:32:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Don't underestimate the compassion of our fine SEALs.

No doubt he will soon get an invitation to go out with a bunch of them and have a few drinks.
Then he'll have a chance to be up close and hang with them.

I hope he gets his discharge real soon,if he hasn't already.  His actual unit must be suffering right now to have him.  And I would hate to see anyone getting into trouble over him.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#15]
dand...what WAS the name of that fake cyber seal??? the one with the mp-5's and barrett .50 the navy "presented" him with?

you, know...the one that passed out ceremonial "seal team 1" pins to only his closest buddies.

hmmm? i can't seem to recall his name? little help here, people!

something sticks in my mind...didn't he run a website in the ground?

i could be mistaken, though...so many seals go on to run websites into the ground.
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 5:36:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Man am I excited about the gunshow tommorow. There will be a whole bunch a Navy Seals there![;)]

[beer]
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 6:17:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I recently shut someone up that claimed to be a Navy Seal.

I was with one of my friends who had met up with several guys that he knew.  I didn't know anyone except my friend and we were all standing around.  I was not participating in the conversation and was not really listening until one of the guys claimed to be an ex Navy Seal.  I quickly stopped him and asked him his class number and where he trained.  These guys did not know me, and I don't know what they thought about my interjection, but the guy spent the next 10 minutes back peddeling about not really being a Navy Seal...... Fugging Moron.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top