Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2005 12:19:53 PM EDT
I had gotten out of school on Friday around 9:30AM (PCC) and I left Pensacola for Houston around 1:00pm with 2 riders and a buttload of crap in the Benz. I took I-10 to Houston, and the trip took about 10 hours, and in my defense I must say I drive a big, slow car that was packed down with 3 people and a ton of stuff. I reached Houston after dropping the other 2 riders off in Baytown. I was really tired because I didn't get much sleep Friday, only about 2 1/2 hours (I work at night) and it showed. I was making BIG figure-Ss on I-10 west into Houston.  I got at my Buddy's house around 1:00am Saturday morning, and slept until 3:00PM Saturday.

We left his house around 500 to go out to some Surplus shops (I was angry about not being able to get an Armory Receiver from Global trades...). At 6:30 we were heading over to Academy when a Red 70's Ford truck failed to yield. We hit him between the passenger's side door and the bed of the truck at about 45. Suprisingly, none of the airbags deployed. Both of us made a habit of always putting our seatbelts on when we drove, so there were no serious injuries. His car, a 2000 Accord, was probably totalled. It was heavily leaking antifreeze and made heavy groaning noises when he tried to move it up.

We both walked away fine. AMEN! Turns out the guy was on Probation and didn't want to get the Police involved because he ended up being faulted for "Failing to yield". When I asked the officer about him, the exact words he said were "SCrew 'em, the dude's a turd". Gotta love Texas Officers!

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:36:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad you're ok, but I'm not sure how 'grace' enters the picture here.  You t-boned someone in a notoriouly safe car, and claim your scratch free condition is a result of divine intervention?  Do that in a 1985 Yugo GV and then we'll talk.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:10:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Glad you're ok, but I'm not sure how 'grace' enters the picture here.  You t-boned someone in a notoriouly safe car, and claim your scratch free condition is a result of divine intervention?  Do that in a 1985 Yugo GV and then we'll talk.

Could have been FAR worse. We could have not been wearing our seat belts, etc. Thousand other things.

Heck, we could have hit a Mercedes 300 series.....

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:40:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Glad to hear you and your friend are OK.

Last year my elder daughter totalled her car when a woman ran a red light in front of her.

She was not wearing a seatbelt, but her injuries were light, just enough to convince her that she should.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top