Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2004 11:36:52 AM EDT
So, I have begun the process of changing the minds of Southern California one woman at a time.  I am discreet in my recruitment, but have had great success so far!

I have so far introduced 4 of my girlfriends to the wonders of shooting, and all like to shoot with me regularly.

This weekend, I was studying with a friend of mine from a poli. sci. class.  She is very liberal in just about all regards, so I had written her off as a possible recruit until last Saturday.  We started talking about self-defense and the responsibility that all women have to protect themselves, and she mentioned that she had been raped, and therefore has carried mace around with her ever since.  Until recently, she had been living with her family in Saudi Arabia, she is american, and was raped by 5 of her supposed Saudi friends.  She had snuck out of her compound to hang out with some girlfriends, and so when she was cornered and raped, she couldn't go to the police because SHE would have been arrested for sneaking out and SEDUCING their innocent men.  How screwed up is that????

Since she has returned to america, she has decided to start learning about how to protect herself.  So, I casually told her that I own a gun for self-defense, and she immediatly perked up and asked if she could go with me to shoot some time.  She said that she was really scared of guns, but understood that that could be in large part due to the fact that she has never handled one before.

Soooo......Sunday we went shooting, and she loved it!  I will be taking her to the range over the next few weeks to find a gun that she likes, then she intends to buy.  She's moving to Texas in the next few months, so she might be looking for some women to shoot with.  Are there any here that would be willing to take this newbie under their wing?  

Thanks gals, and chalk up another tally for the team!!!!

Tiff out
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 8:24:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:58:58 PM EDT
[#2]
What part of Texas?  If she's in the Austin area, I'd love to!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top