Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/8/2005 7:41:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2005 7:44:48 AM EDT by BeetleBailey]
So, many of you have heard my "neighbor's dogs are barking through all hours of the night", and "why, why must all but one of our neighbors be filthy, trashy people" threads, but I think our incident last night takes the cake, so I need some advice.

Long story short, my wife and I are awoken around midnight to screaming from the front yard next door. My wife says "what in the world is that?", while I say "here we go again"... So I move to the living room to get a better view from behind the blinds when the screaming has escallated into a unison series of: "[Lord's name in vain] LIAR!" "F YOU! NO, F YOU!!" The woman pulls out what looks to be a revolver to kill herself, and the man grabs it and throws it. I am five seconds from calling the police when she jumps up and walks away down the street. He gets on the phone with what I presume is the police, and for the next thrity minutes, cars of relatives come in and out, in and out, but I never see the wife return. I get tired of the drama and go back to bed for the night, but obviously do not get very good sleep at all last night.

Atleast the @#$% dogs weren't barking.

So, I have convinced my wife to allow me to take her shooting to familiarize herself with my guns since she is home a lot when I am not. She has been reluctant in the past. So I'm hoping this incident will have a silver lining.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:42:27 AM EDT
So what's the question?

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:43:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2005 7:44:06 AM EDT by BeetleBailey]

Originally Posted By sgtar15:
So what's the question?

Sgat1r5

Should I file a report? Talk to someone about it? Talk to them about it? Try to figure out what the heck is going on? Stay out of it? ....
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:44:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BeetleBailey:
So, many of you have heard my "neighbor's dogs are barking through all hours of the night", and "why, why must all but one of our neighbors be filthy, trashy people" threads, but I think our incident last night takes the cake, so I wanted some advice.
Long story short, wife and I are awoken around midnight to screaming next door. My wife says "what in the world is that", while I say "here we go again"... So I move to the living room to get a better view from behind the blinds when the screaming has escallated into a unison series of: "[Lord's name in vain] LIAR!" "F YOU! NO, F YOU!!" The wife pulls out what looks to be a revolver to kill herself, and the husband grabs it and throws it. I am five seconds from calling the police when she jumps up and wlaks away down the street.

Atleast the @#$% dogs weren't barking.

So, I have convinced my wife to allow me to take her shooting to familiarize herself with my guns since she is home a lot when I am not. She has been reluctant in the past. So I'm hoping this incident will have a silver lining.

Drop a dime 35 cents on them. Let the cops do what you pay them to do.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:45:25 AM EDT

So what's the question?

Sgat1r5

Should I file a report? Talk to someone about it? Talk to them about it? Try to figure out what the heck is going on? Stay out of it? ....

Stay out of it.

It was a married couple having an arguement.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:45:48 AM EDT
soon as I saw a gun I woulda shot them both, she pointed it at you after you were awakened by a commotion and were armed because you thought you may need to protect yourself, then he picked up the gun then you shot his ass.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:45:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2005 7:46:57 AM EDT by Rocky9_5]
should have called that night. Yes, file a report. The more report on paper the more likely the PD will step up and do something. (edit to add) ya don't want a stray round coming thru the window do ya?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:46:00 AM EDT

So what's the question?

Sgat1r5

Stay out of it.

Sgat1r5

With a gun
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:46:48 AM EDT

So what's the question?

Sgat1r5

Stay out of it.

Sgat1r5

takin it public with guns isn't a married couple having an arguement, It's fucking stupidity and they are nothing but more ammo for gun banners out there.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:48:47 AM EDT
I think a poll is needed
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:54:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2005 7:55:38 AM EDT by BeetleBailey]

Originally Posted By dpmmn:
I think a poll is needed

sure thing. The problem is, I was, and still am, only 95% sure that it was a gun. I was ~15 yards away and in the dark, so I wasn't real sure but I guess it could have been my subconscious trying to convince me that it really wasn't a gun. But, I can't think of anything else that she would be putting to her head and he would be grabbing away from her that was shaped like a revolver other than a real big cell phone or soemthing. Arg.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:55:34 AM EDT

With a gun

Can you 100% say with certainty that yiou saw a gun while looking thru a window at night just a few minutes after you woke up?

Would it change if she grabbed a knife?

They both are arguing and both had a part in it. Plus they were probably drunk.

I understand you want to help but chances are that if you go and interfer then will both probably end up turning on you!

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:56:28 AM EDT

With a gun

Can you 100% say with certainty that yiou saw a gun while looking thru a window at night just a few minutes after you woke up?

I understand you want to help but chances are that if you go and interfer then will both probably end up turning on you!

Sgat1r5

Indeed, that's why my 5% of unsureness stopped me from calling the police. I really wouldn't (ever) go out and get in the middle of it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:57:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2005 7:57:52 AM EDT by distributor_of_pain]
I would tell them you don't want to meddle, but their argument can be heard from your house. So if they are going to argue, "would you please do it where only they can hear it".

Mention that you are not the kind of guy to just go calling the po-po on someone, but if you see a gun involved again, you will be compelled to do so.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:57:55 AM EDT

With a gun

Sgat1r5

Sarge is right. They woulda went after you. Call or shoot, just don't get involved further than dialing or slinging lead.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:58:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By distributor_of_pain:
I would tell them you don't want to meddle, but their argument can be heard from your house. So if they are going to argue, "would you please do it where only they can hear it".

Mention that you are not the kind of guy to just go calling the po-po on someone, but if you see a gun involved again, you will be compelled to do so.

that's excellent advice, thanks
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:59:25 AM EDT
should of yelled "SHUT THE EFFFF UP!!!" at them and if they point the revolver at you , then riddle them with .223 holes
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:27:01 AM EDT
Let them kill each other.......

Less stupid people breeding has to be a good thing.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:31:13 AM EDT
What kind of revolver did you find?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:35:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SouthHoof:
What kind of revolver did you find?

I'm not risking my skin for another revolver!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:39:12 AM EDT
What's the problem? You have some fun neighbors and one of them likes guns. Make the woman your new shooting buddy.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:10:25 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:13:03 AM EDT
either way, someone would be getting shot if I saw a gun. Guess it's cause I grew up in southwest little rock. You ever see a gun there, it's follows shortly by "bang" type sounds.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:17:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2005 9:18:06 AM EDT by BeetleBailey]

Originally Posted By BookHound:
distributor_of_pain nailed it. However, I voted "other" because I think you should move to a better neighborhood.

Dude, seriously. As soon as my wife finishes her degree this Spring, the house is going up for sale. (for more reasons than just dangerous neighbors)
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:19:40 AM EDT
I think you should have drawn down on them.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:25:32 AM EDT
My neighbor has two large Rotty's.
They bark constantly. (for attention actually, since they are chained to trees)
They bark when we go out into the backyard. They bark while we are trying to sleep.
For the last 2 weeks, I have taken them dog biscuits every day.
Now, when I step out my back door, they go crazy, with their little doggy tail/nubs wagging 100 mph.
Or, if it is night time, I go out and yell their names, and they quiet down.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:28:55 AM EDT
People get into fights all the time. They often say horrible things to each other. That's one thing.

If there's violence or threat of violence, the authorities need to be notified.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:32:44 AM EDT
You should have called the police and report what you saw, right then. Not wait till something worse happens.

Next time something happens call the cops let them deal with it. And call them evertime something happens.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:33:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:44:50 AM EDT
I'd keep my ass inside and call 911 when someone gets shot. You do not want either of these assholes thinking you are on someone's side or something. Call the police if you think you need to. But under no circumstances would I walk my happy self over there and try to mediate something on that scale.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:53:06 AM EDT
Nuke them all from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:01:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dusty_C:
soon as I saw a gun I woulda shot them both, she pointed it at you after you were awakened by a commotion and were armed because you thought you may need to protect yourself, then he picked up the gun then you shot his ass.

Goddamn, son.....remind me never to go to the range with you! You always this blood thirsty? Does the mere sight of a gun make you want to kill? Seek help!

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:20:26 AM EDT

"why, why must all but one of our neighbors be filthy, trashy people"

I'd say that sums it up.

Move.

AND teach the wife to shoot.
There is no safe place.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:03:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SemperParatusEmt:
I'd keep my ass inside and call 911 when someone gets shot. You do not want either of these assholes thinking you are on someone's side or something.

That's precisely why I did nothing but keep a chekc on the situational awareness of my property.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:16:14 PM EDT
To heck with the 'silver lining' - I'd be BRICK-lining the front and side of my house facing that disaster waiting to happen.

Voted 'should have called 911' - I've got ZERO f'n tolerance for that kind of shit happening within line-of-sight of my home.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:54:47 PM EDT
People screaming in their yard in the middle of the night need to have the cops called on them. If you want privacy, keep your business private. Screaming at your spouse in the yard is disturbing the peace and should be dealt with accordingly.

People screaming in their yard and brandishing weapons are way unstable, and need to be separated from normal people. In this area we try to send them to Oakland.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:00:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By distributor_of_pain:

that's excellent advice, thanks

I agree. SPot on right there.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:16:42 AM EDT
Atleast she didnt shoot your car in the crossfire. Been there done that. $900 damage, and oh no she didnt pay it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:18:58 AM EDT
I feel for you Beat. I HATE NEIGHBORS!!!!!! Why oh why are these some many Dolts in the world???
Top Top