Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2009 1:52:01 PM EST
I saw this a few weeks before the shitstorm over CameraMan pretending to be a Target

1:29 into the video until the end which is about 30 seconds
Watch the upper left corner, appears to be a man ( could be a light colored sasquatch ) walking back and forth downrange where he's shooting

Video Here
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:56:59 PM EST
Safety 1st???
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:59:29 PM EST
Originally Posted By killingmachine123:
Safety 1st???

His own, maybe.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:02:19 PM EST
I see what you're talking about. It does kind of look like someone standing there. Either way I think that guy is a butthole. I wouldn't ever buy anything that he's selling.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:02:59 PM EST
never noticed that figure before. good eye!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:04:17 PM EST
Good shooting. Good sights.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:08:37 PM EST
Its a guy with a rifle.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:08:49 PM EST
Looks like the guy is standing way off to the side, probably to to re-set the target when it fell. I've seen the shooters on The Outdoor Channel shoot asprins, apples, etc thrown by their friends or wives at a lot closer distances than that of the person and metal target.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:13:15 PM EST
No no... I think it was a light colored Bigfoot.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:19:40 PM EST
I don't see how this is unsafe.

The guy off in the distance has adequate distance between him and the target.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:23:11 PM EST

Originally Posted By unseenSNIPER:
I don't see how this is unsafe.

The guy off in the distance has adequate distance between him and the target.

yeah he would have to try to shoot that guy.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:28:36 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/3/2009 2:33:08 PM EST by NMGlocker]
Which one of the cardinal gun safety rules was violated?
Rule # 1: All Guns Are Always Loaded... I'm sure James is aware his pistol is loaded.
Rule # 2: Never let your muzzle cover anything that you are not willing to kill... At no time did the muzzle of his firearm sweep the gentleman downrange.
Rule # 3: Keep Your Finger Off the Trigger & Out of the Trigger Guard Always... James had excellent trigger finger discipline throughout the video.
Rule # 4: Be Sure Of Your Target And What's Beyond It... His target was a steel popper and his backstop was a dirt berm backed with trees.

Perhaps you need to learn the difference between the cardinal gun safety rules and arbitrary "range rules".
At no time were any of the gun safety rules violated.
OP, you are obviously ignorant of what unsafe firearms handling looks like.
Grow up and educate yourself.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:34:14 PM EST
Down Range Target Setter Upper (DRTSU).
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:54:25 PM EST
Is he demonstrating how to use your own ass for cover on the first shot?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:07:40 PM EST
Originally Posted By Guess:
Is he demonstrating how to use your own ass for cover on the first shot?

Gee, I was at the Bass Pro range this afternoon shooting a 1911, Browning Hi Power, and a Glock 19, all with XS Sights. I wish I had seen this last night so I could properly prepare to take that shot today. Done inside, I'm sure I'd get some attention.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:27:41 PM EST
Of all the things on the Webz to get offended over.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:32:42 PM EST
not a tag
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:34:15 PM EST
The things some of you guys get bent out of shape over...fuuuuuuuuu

Why don't you open up your fucking eyes and engage your brain? I know it's fun to hate Yeager, but this is a ridiculous example.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:39:25 PM EST
Not seeing what's wrong here. Didn't see what was wrong with the other video either to be completely honest.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:43:20 PM EST
Originally Posted By vern23:
The things some of you guys get bent out of shape over...fuuuuuuuuu

Why don't you open up your fucking eyes and engage your brain? I know it's fun to hate Yeager, but this is a ridiculous example.

I was actually going to post a disclaimer in the OP that I wasn't bashing the guy

I ran across the video awhile ago because I was interested in buying some XS sights, as I watched the video I notice the guy downrange and it seemed strange I was curious whether the guy knew he was on a range or was he a willing participant

IMO anywhere downrange is unsafe, that's how I trained in the Military, Sheriff's Dept and on Public Ranges

Doesn't make a bit of difference that the guy is off the side, he's still downrange which = unsafe

Common sense for me

If you feel comfortable being downrange while someone is shooting, be my guest

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:02:29 PM EST
Dunno, I've been downrange when people were shooting past me and felt perfectly safe (although very, very alert.) Depends on the situation. I've never trained with Yeager, have no real urge to, but watching a video tells you very little of the who and why of the training.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:04:47 PM EST
he's still downrange which = unsafe

Not necessarily. You're programmed to believe its unsafe..but while gun handling at all has some inherent risks, I've never seen anyone in an advanced pistol or rifle class miss a target by 3' or more from a stationary position.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:07:16 PM EST

Originally Posted By NMGlocker:
Which one of the cardinal gun safety rules was violated?
Rule # 1: All Guns Are Always Loaded... I'm sure James is aware his pistol is loaded.
Rule # 2: Never let your muzzle cover anything that you are not willing to kill... At no time did the muzzle of his firearm sweep the gentleman downrange.
Rule # 3: Keep Your Finger Off the Trigger & Out of the Trigger Guard Always... James had excellent trigger finger discipline throughout the video.
Rule # 4: Be Sure Of Your Target And What's Beyond It... His target was a steel popper and his backstop was a dirt berm backed with trees.

Perhaps you need to learn the difference between the cardinal gun safety rules and arbitrary "range rules".
At no time were any of the gun safety rules violated.
OP, you are obviously ignorant of what unsafe firearms handling looks like.
Grow up and educate yourself.
yeah,but XS BIG DOTS still suck

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:17:58 PM EST
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:22:03 PM EST
lol at the yeager haters.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:25:35 PM EST
Originally Posted By PBIR:
lol at the yeager haters.

This.

Life is too short to flip out over this stuff.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:06:34 PM EST
Hey , I'm all for the safe handling and shooting of firearms , but I also believe in common sense .
The " Downrange " guy is obviously there to reset the popper . He is well off to the side and slightly
down range from the berm . I'm also reasonably sure that the shooter is well aware of where the
person is on the range , and he appears to be quite proficient with the weapon .
When you add these things up , you come up with an acceptable level of safety IMHO .

I know I've been more danger on a few live fire simulations , including trying every position
in the stack for dynamic entry training . Come to think of it . I've felt more fear of catching a
stray round on a few public ranges then I ever did in the situations above
Top Top