Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2004 10:04:53 PM EDT
Ive searched in old threads and its hard to find an exact answer to my question so Ill ask again.
Friend of mine is from Hawaii and has 2 rifles he wants his Father to ship out to him. One he is going to keep and the other I am going to buy.
What all is involved in shipping it. Has to go to an FFL right? How does that work if the rifles are already his? Will he have to go through a background check again?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:17:25 AM EDT
[#1]
If he owns them then he can ship them to himself. He can ship the rifles USPS vs UPS Fed-ex. Just lable them as machine parts, and insure.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=285334
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:30:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:57:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone else have any thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:11:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ive searched in old threads and its hard to find an exact answer to my question so Ill ask again.
Friend of mine is from Hawaii and has 2 rifles he wants his Father to ship out to him. One he is going to keep and the other I am going to buy.
What all is involved in shipping it. Has to go to an FFL right? How does that work if the rifles are already his? Will he have to go through a background check again?

The one going to him can go direct.  There is no ownership change.  The one being sold to you has to go to an FFL in California, where YOU will have to execute the necessary federal and state paperwork to take possesion of it.

Since they are rifles, they can go Fed Ex or USPS.  DO NOT use UPS.  They suck dick and will break them.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:18:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, UPS is a pain in the ass and could screw up a wet dream.  If you have a FFL UPS is better to deal with, but not if your a civillian.   I ship FedEx, never had any hassles.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:21:33 PM EDT
[#6]
he can ship them to himself. As if he were going on a hunting trip the ATF says  the owner may ship them to a residence  c/o himself. Use Fedex , never a hassle and you aren't lying about what's in the box if they don't ask( never has anyone asked me) and if they .. it's sporting goods.

J
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top