BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2001 9:07:52 AM EDT
We have another today...
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 9:13:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's some news on it (CNN):

Another shooting at a U.S. high school left at least one person injured Wednesday, authorities in Pennsylvania said.

Authorities quickly arrested a suspect in the shooting, Lycoming County Sheriff Charles Brewer said. Williamsport is about 180 miles north of Philadelphia.

The incident comes two days after a shooting at a high school in Santee, California, a suburb of San Diego. Two students died and 13 were wounded in that incident, and a 15-year-old freshman boy was expected to be arraigned Wednesday on murder, assault and weapons charges in connection with the rampage.

Link Posted: 3/7/2001 9:13:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw it on cnn. Nothing from the web yet. They said 1 girl was injured but no story and no pics.
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 9:58:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 10:39:38 AM EDT
[#4]
My American History teacher in high school asked me to bring in my Mauser 1896 and my Springfield 1903A3 when we got to WWI in our lectures. I did, and a week later Columbine happened, and the school started getting complaints about my teacher's unorthodox teaching methods. Guess what I wsa never ask to do again? On a interesting side note, score for our test on WWI were unusually high, even though he used the same lecture that he had been using for years.

Kyle
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 10:44:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Apparently it was a female who did the shooting this time, what I saw on TV said she only fired one shot and no one was hit or injured.
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 11:16:37 AM EDT
[#6]
And here in the PRK a kid was arrested for possession of a 'potential' deadly weapon.  He was found in possession of a "sawed off mop handle".  I'm not kidding, that's how the paper reported it.  Better add sawed off mop handles to the NFA list.
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 11:06:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Expect MORE.

^
[url]www.RKBA.org/antis/hci-master[/url]
[url]www.DigitalAngel.net/da_patent/index.htm[/url]

Never Again, Never Forget
Seek the Truth
Liberate Your Mind

FIXED BAYONETS

VX
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 2:24:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Just because they involved guns we will have to hear the media keep it burning for months. The  fella that  drove his car into the crowd and killed 4 the other day is old news already, also the person the attacked the teacher with a machet and ball bat. To stay in the news you have to use a gun.
ITS WHAT'S IN THE HEAD NOT IN THE HAND
                 HAYBOY
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 5:10:31 AM EDT
[#9]
"To stay in the news you have to use a gun."

Keep thinking "agenda", "agenda"...  That is all that matters.  We have to do SOMETHING about "all these guns".  "Our children are dying needlessly".

The elites have been handed a ready made crisis to advance the disarmament agenda.  

Better get everything you need as fast as you can.  Time is short.
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 7:28:46 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a Glock Model 81 knife, wonder if it would be a newsworthy weapon.
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 11:59:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Our time is DEFINATLEY ticking...we cannot win back our freedoms with situations like this.  The 2nd amendment might as well be considered a lost cause.  Buy, buy all you can.  That's the only answer.  One of these shootings will be the "straw that broke the camel's back", and then we will be screwed.
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 11:23:22 PM EDT
[#12]
2 school shootings - within a few miles and a few days of each other - conclusions:

1) Santana High School:

Unarmed security guard encounters shooter after first shots fired (one dead, one wounded). He is unable to respond with equal force. Result: He is shot 3 times in the back as he attempts to escape the restroom and the shooter is able to reload 4 times, expend in excess of 30 rounds total and kill one more and wound 11 more before he surrenders. Shooter dominates...

2) Granite High School:

Armed SRO (school resource officer) is on duty and in an area restroom when shooter opens fire. He is able to respond and wound the shooter with 2 shots - one in the mouth/jaw (a wound that would deter most of us) and one in the rear section. Result: only a few wounded and NO fatalities - shooter as well as other aspiring little cowards learn a valuable lesson.

Should we arm qualified school security personel and perhaps other staff in US schools? Ask the Israelis if they have had much trouble with this type of thing in their schools since arming teachers and administrators many years ago.....

I rest my case [8]

[sniper]
The Sniper
Link Posted: 4/5/2001 2:59:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Wow,  that's unbelievable 2 shootings in 3 days.  The sensalization of these shootings by the media makes the perps look like a twisted hero renegade.  The troubled kids see this and know that they can get some major attention from doing something like this or rather, try to do worse than what the other person done.
Then everyone starts pointing fingers and Rosie LardA$$ starts calling us gunowners hicks.  Really pisses me off.  I hate it for the families of the victims that died.  I would be crushed if that happened to one of my kids.  That is the real tragedy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top