Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2008 8:45:41 AM EST
I'm talking to a friend of mine who has been a die hard liberal her whole life. She was a Hillary supporter more for the girl power thing more than anything, but even then was thinking of jumping ship to McCain. She hates Obama with a passion, and picking Palin sealed the deal for her and after last night she went from a timid McCain supporter to a DAMN PROUD one.

She goes to NYU, and says there are a LOT like her, but most do not want to admit it in public because they feel that Obama is the "in" candidate to support. Expect a LOT of McCain support behind the drawn curtain of the voting booth, so says she.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 8:47:14 AM EST
I thought this thread was going to be about going from Glocks or XDs to S&W
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 8:48:45 AM EST
I thought this was going to be about Smith & Wesson.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 8:52:31 AM EST

Originally Posted By Steve_T_M:

Me too
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 9:28:35 AM EST

+3
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 9:32:17 AM EST

Originally Posted By TKD4Life:

+3

Same.

I certainly hope there are many more like her, that don't want to be "racist" to their friends but don't want Obama being president.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 9:57:56 AM EST

Originally Posted By mr0w1:

Originally Posted By TKD4Life:

+3

Same.

I certainly hope there are many more like her, that don't want to be "racist" to their friends but don't want Obama being president.

it's not a race thing, it's just a culture thing. NYU is a VERY liberal school, and it's perceived that if you support McCain or any other R you will be ostracized very quickly. I don't know that this means McCain will carry NY (though maybe the PUMAs will swing it, who knows) but if NYU has a bunch of closet McCain voters, i'd imagine there are a lot more out there across the country
Top Top