Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/29/2001 9:17:13 PM EDT
Hello everyone!I just joined the board after three days of waiting for a password.  I'm here to join the madness (and to see what my fiance likes so much about all this).  There's got to be something, Right??
Anyway, I don't personally own any weapons, but I live vicariously through him (him meaning Brouhaha, as he is known here on the board). I have to admit, however, that I do enjoy shooting several of his pistols and even a couple of his rifles.  I still hesitate to shoot his Remington 308.  It's looks great, but I've seen how it recoils.  I've also seen a tiny bruise or two on his shoulder after a day of shooting it.  I can only imagine how mine would look.
Well, I'm off to see what all the fanfare is about.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 9:19:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 9:20:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 9:22:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 9:26:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Greetings.[(:|)]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 9:54:31 PM EDT
[#5]
OK gentleman, time for a little clarification.
I'm not your typical gun-loving female. I'm only 5'1".  I have red hair, green eyes, and of all things I'm an English major. Being the lady that I am, I was slightly nervous (at first) of dating a guy who owned guns.  Almost two years later I find myself tempted by the "Lara Croft" image.  What adventure loving lady wouldn't have her interest piqued?  I now want my very own set of USP Match 45 H&K's and even an AR-15 (YES, YES I actually want one)!!
My fiance and I went to the range about a month ago and a gentleman there allowed me to shoot his AR-15.  After shooting five rounds into my target in a Very tight grouping, I decided it was a definite must-have.  I HAD been shooting "my" SL-8 through crappy iron sights.  After plinking away at the target for an hour in a vain attempt to figure out the sights, it was sheer joy to successfully hit EXACTLY where I was aiming.  I loved it.  Beaming with content, I gloated the rest of the afternoon.  There is definitely something to be said about a good weapon and decent hand-eye coordination.  My fiance seemed pleasantly surprised.  I just hope it stays that way.  Nobody likes a spoilsport. LOL

Link Posted: 9/29/2001 10:03:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You need to go out and get your own AR or even better idea, shoot his better then he does.[uzi]
View Quote

And so begins my downfall from greatness...

Welcome sweetie! [:P]
View Quote

Hmmm.... After I let my fiancee hit the boards, she now has twice the post count I do, has made moderator, and can outshoot me with any long arm I own!!!![:(!] ......I mean I love you sweetie!!!  [:D]

Good luck to both of you.

Link Posted: 9/29/2001 10:11:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Hi
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 10:17:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok Bouhaha, is this the real fiance, or one of the girlfriends she's not supposed to know about?  [:D]

Either way, you sound very nice, brouhaha-ette (that is, you type well), and welcome aboard!!!

Don't take much here seriously as most of us are drunk gay paranoid militants, who dream of a partner who'll shoot with us. [:D]  

Did I say "Welcome Aboard"?
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 10:24:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I see that we have similar tastes. I like walking on a moon lit beach, drinking Pina Coladas, little puppy dogs and 5'1" red haired chicks with green eyes. Did you mention something about a gun?
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 10:25:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 10:38:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I HAD been shooting "my" SL-8 through crappy iron sights.  After plinking away at the target for an hour in a vain attempt to figure out the sights, it was sheer joy to successfully hit EXACTLY where I was aiming.  I loved it.  Beaming with content, I gloated the rest of the afternoon.  There is definitely something to be said about a good weapon and decent hand-eye coordination.  My fiance seemed pleasantly surprised.  I just hope it stays that way.  Nobody likes a spoilsport. LOL

View Quote

You order the same sights setup on G36 for your SLR.  The one that has Red-Dot and a low power scope on the Handle. I understand is available from HK.  Also Welcome!
http://www.hkpro.com/G36.htm

Link Posted: 9/29/2001 10:55:25 PM EDT
[#12]
brouhaha-ette:

Beware of the perverts on this board. Just ask MissMagnum about the harassment she endures.

Welcome to the board. Go out and buy a Bushmaster M4 carbine right now!

themao [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 2:19:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Thank Hera ... a newbie who's not likely to confuse "you're" and "your".  A thousand welcomes .... sit here by the fire.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 2:28:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Welcome aboard!
Welcome to a new world!
Welcome to our world!
Only those who meet the standard are allowed here:
guns, irreverant, some adult beverage consumption, guns, upstanding citizen, patriotic, guns........
Did I mention being or wanna be an AR owner IE guns!  
Anywho:  Welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome!!!!
[^]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 2:56:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Howdy, Isn't it amazeing that you watch him on here and think "what the @#$* is so special?"

Well, WELCOME. You too will be addicted.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:10:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:25:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Welcome to the board.

Thats all, no smartass remarks from me. [:D]

Alex
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 4:05:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Blonde_Bombshell:

Take notes, this is how ya do it!

View Quote

What he said [:D].  Welcome Aboard!

Kiwi
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 4:14:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Welcome, to the house of laughs. [;)]

There is much information to be found here,
disregard the bad spelling\grammar if you can. [;)]

Del
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 5:05:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Welcome.

Don't be afraid of his 308.  Just wear a 'wussy' pad on your shooting shoulder and let it rip.  [:D]  I use one sometimes too.  They work great.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 5:17:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Welcome!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 5:27:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 5:38:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Thank Hera ... a newbie who's not likely to confuse "you're" and "your".  A thousand welcomes .... sit here by the fire.
View Quote

Or there and their. I would venture to guess that she even knows that lose has only one O.
A thousand and ONE welcomes!
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:12:25 AM EDT
[#24]
1002. velkom to da furum. A USP .45? Dats allotta gun fur a 5'1" chick.  Can yur handd fit al da way a round dit?  
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:43:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 8:29:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Hmmm.... After I let my fiancee hit the boards, she now has twice the post count I do, has made moderator, and can outshoot me with any long arm I own!!!![:(!] ......I mean I love you sweetie!!!  [:D]

View Quote

Come on now, Matt_S, I'm sure you're proud to stand up and say that your "woman" enjoys guns just as much as you do.  I've always heard that there is simply something about a woman who likes guns (of any kind)!
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 8:48:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Welcome aboard.
ARH
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 8:53:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You need to go out and get your own AR or even better idea, shoot his better then he does.[uzi]
View Quote

And so begins my downfall from greatness...

Welcome sweetie! [:P]
View Quote

View Quote

let me?  LET ME?  [b] LET ME?[/b]
who you kidding?  besides, you know you'd have as many posts as i do if you weren't so smart about keeping your mouth shut on those sensitive topics.  and we ALL know i just jump right in regardless.  [:D]

-ette: excuse the shortened nickname, i'm getting lazy on the boards.  WELCOME!!!!!  i thought at first this was another in a rash of trolling threads making fun of blondie.  but it's nice to have another female shooter on board.  you will learn a lot and the AR15 won't be the only gun you'll be wanting.  somebody set up a shoot in this girl's state.  give her lots of things to play with...and i do mean firearms there guys!

striker's right.  this is the only place to be on the internet.  "my home sweet home"
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 9:00:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Welcome to the board!  Be wary while visiting.  Some of these perverts tend to let their participles dangle in public.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 9:10:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Welcome to the board glad to have ya.
[newbie]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 9:25:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Thanks for the tip about the scope, njogi.  I'll definitely have to look it up.

Quoted:
1002. velkom to da furum. A USP .45? Dats allotta gun fur a 5'1" chick.  Can yur handd fit al da way a round dit?  
View Quote

My hands are big enough to fit around a lot of things.  Sometimes I have to use two hands.  The only problem I have is controlling when and how hard it shoots.  Just ask Brouhaha, he'll tell you. [^]

Also, thanks ARlady for the warm welcome.  I can tell already that I'll have no trouble fittng in on AR-15![0:)]

Link Posted: 9/30/2001 9:25:16 AM EDT
[#32]
theres no need to buy an ar for your self unless you get a better one than he has [;)]

Just remember this simple phrase and all that is his shall become yours.

"all your ar-15's are belonging to us"

velcom to ze board, papers please? [BD]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 10:06:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Welcome, Brouhaha-ette.  It's so nice to see a real female member joining the board after the last two rounds of garbage (Sarrah_Jane and BB).  5150sWife (sorry, I can't remember exactly how you spelled that) arrived this week, too.  This is great!  

ARlady, maybe we should all get together in a forum of our own one day soon.  We could swap stories about our guns and men.  Could make for some interesting conversation if we can keep the "animals" out long enough to talk.  

Again, welcome Brouhaha-ette!!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 12:31:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Hello everyone!I just joined the board after three days of waiting for a password.
View Quote

There is a Three Day Waiting period just to talk about guns now?????

OK, who let Sarah Brady become a moderator?

Welcome Aboard.

Michigander in Maryland
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 12:50:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 1:51:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Hi.  Welcome aboard!
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 2:09:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Welcome B-ette,
You posted a very courteous introduction, ignore the girl trolls, they have to suffer their inadequacies in everyday life.  Just a shame that you have to be exposed to those who can't behave like a gentleman.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 2:19:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Welcome,

Please Read [size=1]Allege handgun control master plan for TOTAL
Gun Confiscation Dis-Armament.[/size=1][url]www.RKBA.org/antis/hci-master[/url]
[size=1]Revelation 13:18  ID-GPS-MONEY  Implant Micro-chip[/size=1][url]http://www.DigitalAngel.net/da/tech.htm[/url]  

^
Never Again, Never Forget
Seek the Truth , Liberate Your Mind
We Are At WAR

FIXED BAYONETS

VX
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:47:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 4:21:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Thanks for the tip about the scope, njogi.  I'll definitely have to look it up.

Quoted:
View Quote

My hands are big enough to fit around a lot of things.  Sometimes I have to use two hands.  The only problem I have is controlling when and how hard it shoots.  Just ask Brouhaha, he'll tell you. [^]
View Quote

Ha Ha.  Obviuslly yue ain't rapped yur handds aruond Ma Deuce.  Carful sumtime them can putt yer I out.  [50][^]

(Edittad ta fux my skrew up)

Link Posted: 9/30/2001 4:46:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Brouhaha-ette,

I am actually very proud of here.  Even when she really enjoys rubbing in the fact that her groups were so much tighter than mine.  It just fun to raz each other.

welcome to the board!

Come on now, Matt_S, I'm sure you're proud to stand up and say that your "woman" enjoys guns just as much as you do.  I've always heard that there is simply something about a woman who likes guns (of any kind)!
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 4:52:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Welcome...
  just wanna let ya'll know if y'all are ever In Ga and wanna shoot e-mail me.
-Chuck
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:17:45 PM EDT
[#43]
A .50 cal??  I don't know about that.  Well, maybe it wouldn't be so bad.  I hear you get a lot of bang for your buck.  They are expensive however, and this little woman just doesn't make enough money to afford so grand a weapon.  Not yet, anyway.  [}:D]

Besides, one day (when I own one) I may need it to take out an APC.

[50]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 4:09:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Yo!  Welcome!
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 5:32:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Welcome

R35
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 5:44:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Anyway, I don't personally own any weapons, ... I have to admit, however, that I do enjoy shooting several of his pistols and even a couple of his rifles.  
View Quote

Brouhaha, Sorry about your luck. You can say goodby to those! Can you say "Confiscated"?
BTW, Welcome Brouhaha-ette. He didn't need those guns anyway. You use them whenever you want!

Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:20:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:20:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 9:20:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I still hesitate to shoot his Remington 308.  It's looks great, but I've seen how it recoils.  I've also seen a tiny bruise or two on his shoulder after a day of shooting it.  I can only imagine how mine would look.
View Quote

Try shooting it offhand first. And tuck it tight to the shoulder. Sometimes ameller, lighter people fare better with recoil than bigger, heavier people.

I find that I can bruise my shoulder just by [i]dry firing my AR[/i]. That's because I tuck it in tight. Most likely, your boyfriend doesn't hurt at all from shoting his .308. Try it a few times with an open mind. You might just like it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 9:34:36 AM EDT
[#50]
hoi
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top