Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/4/2008 7:52:02 PM EDT
Just finished off a bottle of nice red wine from Sicily.  Preceeded that by a few beers.  Should I continue to another bottle?  This last bottle was particularly good but I have no more.  But I do have 30 or so more of different Sicilian variety that i havent tried yet.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:52:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes continue.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:52:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yes continue.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:53:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:54:22 PM EDT
[#4]
On a wednesday night?  Maybe say yes to AA instead.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:54:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yes continue.

Hmmm...  I have a few bottles of this Syrah that is good but I been saving them for occasions and gifts.  I'll break out something I havent tried yet..
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:55:01 PM EDT
[#6]
You inspired me to mix up some JB and Coke.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:55:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Do it.

I would.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:56:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Laid up with a bum ankle there guy.  I dont drink often and get loaded even less.  Im bored stiff and have insomnia.  Besides.. Nevermind.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:56:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

No one likes a quitter.

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:56:34 PM EDT
[#10]
i've been drinking jameson neat since i got home from work... still havent stopped.. so yes go for it..
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:56:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Welcome to Wasted Wednesday
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:56:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I bet you're fun at parties.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes continue.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:58:14 PM EDT
[#14]
by all means, yes, do continue.
That way, I know I'm not alone
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:01:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Around here thats like asking "Should I buy another gun??"
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:01:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Yeah, pretty much.  If you can still type legibly you need to keep drinking.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:02:09 PM EDT
[#18]
fuck it, im grabbing a shiner and a smoke brb
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:02:27 PM EDT
[#19]
You should be reasonably tight by now.  Drink the cheapest shit you've got.  You won't care.  Save the best for when you can appreciate it
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:02:33 PM EDT
[#20]
This thread reminds me: It's 11 and I have a completely flexible schedule tomorrow. Time to crack open a few.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:02:45 PM EDT
[#21]
OK, I'm in for another beer.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:03:57 PM EDT
[#22]
If you will, I will
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:04:59 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Just finished off a bottle of nice red wine from Sicily.  Preceeded that by a few beers.  Should I continue to another bottle?  This last bottle was particularly good but I have no more.  But I do have 30 or so more of different Sicilian variety that i havent tried yet.

You typed legibly.

Come back when you misspell at least every third word.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:05:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
i've been drinking jameson neat since i got home from work... still havent stopped.. so yes go for it..

Okay, Im in!  Random selection here of Nero D'Avola Nerello Mascalese, whatever that means...

Looking at the way it lines the glass it is a bit more tanic than the last bottle but seems less aromatic and slightly lighter in color but still very dark.  The aroma is slight with a hint of clove and a touch of pepper.

The taste is very nice.  Not very dry but dry enough.  Fruity but not overly sweet.  Better than I anticipated.

Damn, I miss Italy..

You guys have no idea.  if you do one thing in your life, spend a month in italy, specifically Sicily..  the women, food, wine are the best in the entire world and trust me, I have been just about everywhere..
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:06:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Even then.............
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:07:00 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Yes continue.

I am, you should too.

Page two, fuckers.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:08:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Go for it and continue posting until you finish it off.

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:10:00 PM EDT
[#28]
The seal on the Grey Goose has been breached...thanks for the inspiration!  Now you have to entertain me!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:14:27 PM EDT
[#29]
This is a good bottle.

Okay, So you never been to the Far East or Europe?  I have stories of hedonistic and barbarous behaviour.  Ask Away!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:16:51 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

A lot of people have Thursdays off....

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:17:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Save it for when you can enjoy it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:18:50 PM EDT
[#32]
had some Fetzer lately with a Darn good Dinner,for a $7.00 bottle I thought it was Sure Joy
Vino and Vittles,Hell Yes!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:19:15 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Save it for when you can enjoy it.

Too late!

I have a lot of it though and I'll most likely be back in Sicily by the end of the year anyway to get more..
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:19:33 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A lot of people have Thursdays off....

Like me. Since I'm unemployed.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:19:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Tell me how to learn about wine.  I'm well versed in beers, but don't know jack about wine.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:22:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:24:30 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

You're doing it wrong! JD and Coke!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:24:55 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Tell me how to learn about wine.  I'm well versed in beers, but don't know jack about wine.

go to wine tastings, ignore what they say and take note of what you like...  best advise I can give.  Experiment.

Hmm, I might could do that.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:25:46 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:26:43 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

go to wine tastings, ignore what they say and take note of what you like...  best advise I can give.  Experiment.

Hmm, I might could do that.  Thanks.

Also, unless you like the taste of bitter ass, stay away from wines that are described as "tannic".
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:27:19 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Its actually a practice sport.  Find someone who knows a bit or attend a wine tasting party or visit a local vineyard.  I was baptised by fire a few years ago being deployed to Italy for a few months.  The italians drink wine with everything.  A guy i fly with knows his way around wine and showed me some basic things to get me started.  Your tatses will vary but with enough experiance your pallet will be able to distinguish the subtly of flavor different wines offer.  And you will learn the basics like dryness, sweetness, etc.  In a little time you will learn what is shit and what it great!  But understand, the lines have been blurred and the price of the bottle is no longer the sole indicator of quality.  I have had some very good wine that was less than 10 Euro and shit that was 40 Euro.  Same here in the states.  But as it is, I am a bit lucky to bring wine from Italy.  

Since wine accompanies most every meal in Italy, it isnt practical to buy expensive wine in bulk for Italians but they do not like to comprimise since wine is part of their culture so it is easy to find very, very good wine for very inexpensive prices.  That trend is carrying over to the states, notably in califonia vineyards.  I am completely ignorant though on domestic wines..  

Just buy a few moderate priced bottles and try them out.  maybe subscribe to a wine club if your state alows that?

Hope this helps..

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:30:23 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Hope this helps..

It does.  Now keep drinking.

I went through Italy last summer, but didn't pay enough attention to the wine.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:39:24 PM EDT
[#43]
I thought this bottle would have a little too much bitterness in the after taste because of the way it lined a glass but it is really good.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:39:29 PM EDT
[#44]

How long ago were you in Italy?  I'm planning to take a trip and the Italian women part sounds cool.  I'd be going with a buddy of mine.  

ETA:  My other friends are planning a trip to Brazil in 09.  They want to go to the Carnival in Rio de Janero (sp?), but that shit seems kinda crazy to me.  Italy sounds a bit more doable.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:47:24 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
How long ago were you in Italy?  I'm planning to take a trip and the Italian women part sounds cool.  I'd be going with a buddy of mine.  

ETA:  My other friends are planning a trip to Brazil in 09.  They want to go to the Carnival in Rio de Janero (sp?), but that shit seems kinda crazy to me.  Italy sounds a bit more doable.

Got home 16 April.  Go and understand the culture is a bit differnt there.  Women are not sexually hung up like they are here and they actaully appreciate a man looking at them and even greeting them.  Even if you get shot down, which you will, they are very cordial and welcoming.  The Italians are very cool people.  IM me and I can help you on a few finer points of Italian stuff.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:08:24 PM EDT
[#46]
About half way thru and feeling very mellow.  the wine is even better since it has had time to air out a bit..
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:09:40 PM EDT
[#47]
I took two fish oil geltabs this evening and washed them down with a slug of Turkish raki liqueur, pretty similar to ouzo. I don't know what the hell I was thinking. I had some of the most disgusting tasting belches I've ever experienced, like I'd just taken a big bite of rotten catfish marinated in paint thinner.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:13:50 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I took two fish oil geltabs this evening and washed them down with a slug of Turkish raki liqueur, pretty similar to ouzo. I don't know what the hell I was thinking. I had some of the most disgusting tasting belches I've ever experienced, like I'd just taken a big bite of rotten catfish marinated in paint thinner.  

LOL!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:43:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Thought you guys would want to read some good deploymemt stories...

Guess not.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:45:38 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Jailbait and Coke? WTF man? Sick bastard.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top