Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2001 12:31:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 12:36:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, thats amazing. i've order like 4 or 5 times w/ no probs. i guess i lucked out. i will definitely think twice before ordering again. it also makes me nervous when i talk to them on the phone and i hear some nasty foreign accent from god knows where!
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 12:39:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I recently ordered stuff from Botach also. Order went out on a Friday, Called to check on status the next Thursday, and was told that there was a note to call us. "when the F$#@ were you going to call us?" . Reply was "uuuuuhhh....." Was then told that all items ordered were on backorder.NOTHING was in stock. sorry to hear that this is a regular thing cuz they have great prices.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 5:26:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I have ordered 6 times and 2 of those times they screwed the order up.

I now specify that if the items being requested are not in stock then to cancel that portion of the order and email me that the item was removed from the item.  

I just placed an order Friday, I'll see how this one turned out.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 8:06:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I refuse to deal with any company that charges my card before they pack the box to ship it.
-Troy
View Quote

Absolutely!  There are so many good mail order places to do business with, why bother with the disorganized and dishonest few?
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 9:48:52 PM EDT
[#6]
have you guys ever been to botach?  it's like the tactical kmart exploded - they got stuff all over the place.  piles of stuff here and there and these really hard working philipinos (?) surrying around like crazy. the phones are ringing like mad.

i ordered a compact acog from them.  they recommended i come down to check them out.  they charged my card right away (as i do in my small buisness) for the product and as i picked up vs. shipping it to me 10 miles away - they refunded me my shipping right away.  

hectic? yes.  good advise?  yes  buy again? yes

steve
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:00:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I've had about a 20% success rate on a total of about 10 orders, so no, I will NEVER do business with them again.

I have waited up to 5 months on one order, and averaged about 2 months waits on all my other orders.

The one that finally got me was when I wrote them a somewhat angry email (out of about 5 unanswered emails) about a long wait on a order, and the called me at work to bitch at me for scolding them.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:01:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey Steve,

Not for anything, but I could care less if Botach is like Yankee Stadium filled with paramilitary gear at rock-bottom prices. I've tried to order from them time and time again, because they have a really detailed website that really lets you see what you are looking at. They have great gear, and they are pretty knowledgeable, but what good is it if they DON'T deliver???? I was waiting for a blackhawk vest from them for 2+ months. When I called Blackhawk, they asked if I wanted it shipped today, as they had it in stock, which means that BOTACH could not even make 1 Stupid phone call to get their mark-up! Go to their website to LOOK but don't BUY

SAMHAIN44
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:13:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 3:55:50 AM EDT
[#10]
That place is a mess. I've been there myself.  First of all, you need to bring your M4 just to get there because is smack in the middle of getto, Crenshaw, CA.  The place is so disorganized, there's gear all over the place, in boxes, on palates, all mixed up on the flor and shelves.  The guys that work there don't even know what the stuff they're selling is, they're just cheap laborers.  The prices are good, but I gotta wonder if it's worth it.  I think the guy that owns it is too busy trying to fill out govt. contracts.  He looks like some ex-Israeli soldier.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 7:22:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I ordered a Blackhawk Discreet weapons case, a Blackhawk butt stock mag holder, a Cold Steel El Vaquero Grande and 36 batteries for my Sure Fire flashlight on Friday.  I hadn't heard from them yet so I called them.

They said they would send it out today.  I told them I wanted the UPS tracking number to prove it.  Less then 15 minutes later they emailed me the tracking number.

Not bad but in today's world I wonder if the lower prices are worth my extra time and inconvienence.

Maybe I just order from them because I like to argue with foreigners.  Which I do enjoy.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 9:35:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 9:53:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 11:47:05 AM EDT
[#15]
I tried to use their disorganization to my advantage but it didn't work....

i placed an online order for the LEO 30 rnd mags for $13 each. but i got an email saying my Letterhead wasn't on file.

Damn.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 11:50:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Again, and again, and again. Botach are liar and thief.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 12:06:49 PM EDT
[#17]
i have tried to get stuff from them in the past. I can sum it all by saying this THEY SUCK!!

I wonder if the Toad is a part owner??
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 12:21:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Lol, I orginally signed up here to wax poetic about my adventures(I should said misadventures) with Special Weapons and their illustrious, and now imfamous, owner Toad.  However, a friend sent me the link for this topic knowing that Botach takes a close 2nd to SW on my shiat list, I thought I would share my feelings.

Botach sucks my hairy beanbag.

Love and the Mozambique Double Tap,

Goose
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 12:32:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Ordered once.  Screwed up once.

Never will order again.

They sent the wrong (less expensive) item.  I asked them to send the right one and they said they needed to have the other one back first.   I refused to pay for return shipping due to them screwing up.  I still have it.  All I wanted was for them to pay for the shipping.  

Link Posted: 5/25/2001 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Botach fucking amazes me.  Their website guarantees same day shipment on 2nd or 3 Day packages.  If they are out of stock, they say they will send an immediate email so that you can modify your order.  Sounds great, huh?

So, I order some stuff 2nd Day UPS 4:00 AM on Tuesday.  I place this order specifically because I am leaving town on Monday, and need to have the stuff by then.  Should be plenty of time, right?

I call that afternoon, and subsequently twice a day since then.  Each and everytime someone speaking a language vaguely resembling english answers, and either is too busy to talk to me, or their answering machine picks up.

Finally today I tell Baba-Ganesh-or-Who-Ever to cancel my order because there's no way they can get it to me, but he can't do that because their system is down.  I havn't checked my credit card yet, for fear of what I'll do if I see that they have already charged it.

Way to run a business.

I'll suck up the 10% more in price and buy from ww.arizonagunrunners.com ; they're top-notch.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 3:20:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Botach sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 3:55:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, with other paramilitary retailers out there, like Blackhawk, Eagle, Tactical Tailor, London Bridge, SOE, Botach should clean their act up, or become one of the statistics in the www retail massacre.  I know I won't order from them , just because of the el shitto y'all had to put up with.

From my experience, if several people have had problems ordering from them, it would be my luck to get screwed over, too...
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 4:24:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Damn,you're the same guy that also got the f**cked up Precision Reflex base for your Savage! You are one unlucky bastard! Did you piss off a Haitian and have a voodoo curse placed on you? You don't own a 3-legged,1-eyed dog named Lucky do you? Just kidding....hope everything works out for you!
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 1:44:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top