Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/27/2004 9:06:37 AM EST

Just when you thought a newb couldn't think of another one.

(Sorry, but I have to ask this.....).

Are there any differences between the complete lower halves from when they were considered pre-ban, post-ban, and now no-ban from Armalite, Colt, Bushmaster, and Rock River.

Are the lowers essentially the same, even if there are differences?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:08:06 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:09:00 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/27/2004 9:09:57 AM EST by manghu67]
aside from whether or not the lower has a telestock, (and of course the serial number, and whether or not the shelf has been milled out), there is absolutely no difference between pre-ban, post-ban, and no-ban lowers...

from a functionality standpoint, they are all EXACTLY THE SAME...
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:10:37 AM EST

Originally Posted By manghu67:
aside from whether or not the lower has a telestock, (and of course the serial number, and whether or not the shelf has been milled out), there is absolutely no difference between pre-ban, post-ban, and no-ban lowers...

Thats what I thought, but I wanted to read it on ARFCOM first to be sure.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:11:03 AM EST
Yes and no.
A 'post-ban' lower wouldnt have a collapsible stock but dimensionally and internally they are the same. Some were marked LEO only but that was meaningless unless the rifle was in evil configuration before the 13th. Simple huh?
All fixed stock, civvy marked lowers are the same, pre and post ban.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:11:35 AM EST

Another AWB pre-post-no question

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:14:06 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/27/2004 9:14:40 AM EST by five2one]

Originally Posted By captainpooby:
Yes and no.
A 'post-ban' lower wouldnt have a collapsible stock but dimensionally and internally they are the same. Some were marked LEO only but that was meaningless unless the rifle was in evil configuration before the 13th. Simple huh?
All fixed stock, civvy marked lowers are the same, pre and post ban.

Right, thank you. I meant to focus my question on the internals of the lower receiver and functionality (and exclude the stock and markings).
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:18:42 AM EST
They are identical, with the exception of the FAB-10 (fixed magazine) and maybe Colt (sear block, FCG pins, large hole/small hole) depending upon how far you want to go back.
Top Top