Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 10:59:41 AM EDT
Since I have purchased several guns this year, I am limiting my post AWB budget, so the "Buy Both" solution will not be an option. However, I am certain that many of you will post "Buy Both" as the answer anyways.

I have a post-ban Bushy. The upper is an A3 with 14.5 in gov't profile barrel and AK break permenantly attached. I like it just fine, however it isn't very evil.

I also have several handguns that I only have post-ban mags for. These are obviously nowhere near being evil enough.

Where should I spend my money? Should I buy a new ultra evil upper that would look really cool, even though I have a completely functional rifle that I am very happy with (do you see a slant?) or should I buy equally evil high-cap mags for the handguns that I will be carrying as soon as my CCW comes?

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:01:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd fix the rifle first.  It is much more evil.

YMMV
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:03:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:04:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd buy both
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:13:04 AM EDT
[#4]
P her in the P and P P!

Oops, wrong thread.....
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:14:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Have a gunsmith cut off the brake and replace it with a flash hider.  Then, spend the $$ you saved on a whole new upper on pistol mags.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:16:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I vote for neither
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:18:14 AM EDT
[#7]
In this case, pistol mags are the lesser of two evils.

Choose the greater evil.

While pistol mags are evil, flash hiders and bayonets rise to a level of evil not seen for a decade since the Great Flash Suppressor Ban of 1994 saved our children from the baby killing black rifles. When the Ice Cream Truck of Doom approaches your neighborhood next week, buy the upper.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:19:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Every time I post such a question, and say I can't afford both, some jack ass always says "Buy both".

So

Buy both.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:23:57 AM EDT
[#9]
buy both.......................

you don't need an all new upper.............either buy a new bbl and replace the bbl so you have bayo lug and FH or if you don't care for a bayo lug, do the gunsmith FH thing........................

im simply replacing the bbl on my now 16" hbar post-ban upper
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:29:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Actually, since you will have a CCW or 'CHL', You do not want any High cap mags for your CCW's.  Reason? If you need to use them, the law may look at you differently and in court may see you as a trigger happy, gun junkie, that probably provoked the confrontation. After all, they teach you, two rounds to the center of mass, and if that doesnt stop them, then aim for the legs. Could you imaging letting go all your ammo from a high cap mag, and trying to explain yourself in court?
     If you buy the high cap mags, do NOT EVER take them with you as part of your CCW. Take them to the range instead.
-just trying to keep you on the right side of the law...  
(p.s.  Evil looking, isnt a phrase I would selectively, as it might create questions as to your primary reason for owning firmarms...  be politically correct).
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
(p.s.  Evil looking, isnt a phrase I would selectively, as it might create questions as to your primary
reason for owning firmarms...  be politically correct).

NEVER!

The time for political correctness is nearly past, and the deluge of Evil Assault weapons is nigh at hand!

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:40:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Yea..., well, I've learned my lesson the hard way. I've learned that in the office, if you say you 'hate' someone, is a whole lot worse than saying, 'I strongly dislike' someone.  Oh, and definately dont' call that old hag down the hall a bitch... (another story).
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:56:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Have a gunsmith cut off the brake and replace it with a flash hider.  Then, spend the $$ you saved on a whole new upper on pistol mags.  

+1!

You don't really need the bayo lug. So chop the AK comp and get a flash suppressor put on. Spend a small portion of your money saved from not having to purchase the whole upper on some pistol hicaps. You should have a little cash left over if you buy your mags right. Wait for the initial rush to die down a bit. The prices of mags should come back in line once the first waves of buying drop back down to normal levels. Don't rush into the grab that will happen in the first few months of the sunset. Unless you find "true deals"... honest reasonably priced mags.   Just my .02! --- Good Luck!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:04:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Get both.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top