Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/14/2001 5:47:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2001 8:32:12 AM EDT by tayous1]
It was about 3 weeks ago I ordered my STG58A from Federal arms corp they told me the day I ordered it that they where out of stock and where going to get some more in 3 weeks. So now it's been 3 weeks and I called them to ask them if they where in and they told me that they might be in about another 2 weeks maybe. Right now I'm pissed as hell because of this I have my mags my ammo and case for this rifle and all I now need is the rifle. I was thinking of canalling the order and spend the $100 extra and get it from a place that I just talked to. They told me that they have them in stock and ready to ship. What do ou think I should do?
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:33:35 AM EDT
btt
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 4:45:59 PM EDT
Won't DSA sell it to your FFL directly? I thought they still charge $795 that way?
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 4:48:18 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mattja: Won't DSA sell it to your FFL directly? I thought they still charge $795 that way?
View Quote
Yes but then I have to pay the 6.5% to 7% tax on the gun. $795 That's if my dealer will sell it to me for that much also.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 4:56:54 PM EDT
I see, you're trying to avoid the sales tax. That's smart. Harlan at FAC is a good guy, as is evident by all the good things people say about him on the FAL files. I don't think he or FAC would purposly try to screw you. I know how that feels. It sucks to wait. But perhaps it's not worth $100 just to get it a couple of weeks earlier? I guess it depends on how soon you need it and how bad you want it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 5:21:10 PM EDT
You could just build one yourself. The only real pain is barrelling the action. I got a kit downstairs I'm dying to finish up, as soon as my dad finds his grinder and brings it over to my house. Probably cheaper too..
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 5:30:46 PM EDT
Jon, I have an STG that was assembled with the kit from Tapco, the stupid '7 US Parts Law,' and an Imbel receiver. I don't know at all what your skills are, but asembling the rifle and getting proper headspace is not all that simple. You mention grinder and I shudder. No offense intended - I just don't want you to damage parts and hurt yourself. John
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 5:54:26 PM EDT
Another option is to buy one of the existing kit guns Gunplumber or the other high-end FAL smiths have in stock. It will be perhaps $200 more, but the quality and finish will surpass DSA's kit guns.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:05:14 PM EDT
My FFL called and left me a message on Thursday to come pick up my DSA STG58A carbine. The only problem is that I am offshore for the next couple of weeks. This mess going on delayed my delivery for several days so I will have to endure the delay.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:10:24 PM EDT
Just talked to another dealer around me he said that he could get the rifle for $795 and all I have to pay is the shipping FFL and tax it comes out to be about $60 more. I have used FAC a few times I don't think there trying to screw me over I just bought it from them because they where the lowest I could find. I'm just pissed because I was told 3 weeks when I ordered it and now told another 2 weeks until I get it. I sold about 4 gun's so that I could have the money to buy this rifle and then a few think happen and had to pay some bills with the money that was about 5 months ago from the day I sent out the money for the rifle and I have been saving up from that time I also have been working a lot of OT to get this rifle buy every time I got the money a bill came up that was a lot higher then what it was to be. Like I had to pay off my wife collage lone that set me back $5,000 and then all this other crap. Now I have the money I sent it out I have to go another month or more until I get the rifle. I don't like that and after all this time I just want to get the rifle ASAP.
Top Top