Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2006 7:38:28 AM EDT
Today is our 13th wedding anniversary.  Mrs. BlammO and BlammO Jr. are back home in Texas tending to her dad after he had a heart attack a couple of weeks ago.  So here I sit in my underground bunker (I think the Yankees here call it a "basement") trying to meet some deadlines.

So I whooped up a mess of vittles for breakfast and thought it might make a nice ARFCOM first-dinner-of-the-day pic.

Click here for the hi-res version (402 kB)

It's 4 eggs over easy with fresh ground black pepper, orange juice, coffee and what's left of 6 slices of thick cut bacon after snacking while cooking.

Got the AR and the M1911A1 that I'm overhauling (related thread here).

I think I got most of the requirements in except the stapler -- it's sitting on the other desk just outside the frame to the right.  Got the napkin, fork, beverage(s), knife, measuring devices, spare ammo, Guns & Ammo on the first shelf.  Did I miss anything?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:48:21 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I think I got most of the requirements in except the stapler -- it's sitting on the other desk just outside the frame to the right.  Got the napkin, fork, beverage(s), knife, measuring devices, spare ammo, Guns & Ammo on the first shelf.  Did I miss anything?

Grits.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:48:53 AM EDT
[#2]
You need a stapler.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:49:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm hungry.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:50:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:50:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks good to me.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:02:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You need a stapler.

I knew that'd be a problem.  It's here on the desk, just behind the scissors.    I swear, I had this all cleaned up just a few days ago.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:08:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice lair!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:21:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks pretty good to me.

*You should have had the stapler in the picture, but you did explain yourself, and you added a second pic to confirm that you had one close by.

*You seem to have an empty chamber in the AR, unless you have it cocked with the safety off with a chambered round, which I doubt...

But I give you a 10... you have all the required elements, plus a few bonus items:

Flashlight
Cell Phone
Brass hammer
Starter punch
Bayonet

Guns & Ammo?? I didn't know that was a requirement. I used SGN in my last one.

I was slapped down for not having 550 cord in my last pic. I wonder if that's part of The New Standard, or if it should be considered a bonus item.

ETA: Happy anniversary!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:37:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Happy anniversary!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:55:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks all!

Quoted:
Nice lair!

It's 480 square feet of soundproof subterranean joy!  Mrs. BlammO doesn't understand how I could stay down here for days at a time, surfacing only for food resupply and potty breaks.  

And today, I'd like to add one more bonus item to the official mix -- a bullet-riddled body panel from a car or truck (in this case, a passenger door from a Ford Ranger):

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:42:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Where's the food?!?!?! You eat guns and parts for breakfast

You don't???  No wonder you can't keep up with the wimminz -- you don't have enough iron in your diet!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top