Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2001 4:52:29 PM EDT
Read Ann Landers column today due to headline "Make husband's guns safe to have at home". She recommends to a frightened housewife that to make couple of recently inherited guns safe she should remove the firing pins or PLUG UP THE BARRELS. Ahhahahahhaha thanks for the great advice, gunsmith Landers...

Link Posted: 7/20/2001 4:56:26 PM EDT
[#1]
And this surprises you?  Ann Landers has a lengthy track record of complete idiocy.  She writes about guns like they are poisonous snakes that are just waiting to strike.  "Pull their fangs!" sayeth Wise Ann.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 4:57:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Dont keep them loaded and dont touch them, they should be plenty safe.  Go back to reaffirming middle aged peoples' questions about morality, family, and why my husband can't get it up.  Is it me?
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 4:57:48 PM EDT
[#3]
And this person has been giving losers advice for how long??

That's like making ammunition inoperable by knocking the primer out with a hammer and nail.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 4:58:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Otherwise those guns may sneak into your bedroom
in the middle of the night and
shoot you.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 4:58:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Does A.L. have an e-mail address?
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 5:06:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Does A.L. have an e-mail address?
View Quote

No, just a snail mail address at the bottom of the column..

Ann Landers
C/O Creators Syndicate
5777 W Century BLvd
No.700
L.A. CA> 90045

Link Posted: 7/20/2001 5:09:54 PM EDT
[#7]
To make Ann Landers safe, she needs to plug up *her* hole.

Link Posted: 7/20/2001 5:11:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
To make Ann Landers safe, she needs to plug up *her* hole.

View Quote

Made me laugh!
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 5:13:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 5:20:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
She also didn't correct a reader when the reader said the way to check and see if the gun was loaded was to just point it in a safe direction and pull the trigger.  It came as a surprise to her, and the reader apparently, that when you don't unload a gun, it stays loaded.
Most people have no idea about guns
View Quote

Dear Abby
did that too.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 6:10:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 6:13:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd like to see everyone write her, the same as we did with the recent retailers - Kmart and Lowes. I'll be writing but I wonder if she got enough letters, if she'd print one of them? The address for her in our paper is:
Ann Landers
P.O.Box 11562
Chicago, Ill. 60611-0562
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 6:53:51 PM EDT
[#13]
They should sound very much alike.  They are sisters.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 7:55:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Wasn't it a few years back that Ann Landers retired, and they had a contest to see who would take her place. It was taken by some limp wrist male who wouldn't know how to handle a firearm it you gave him extended lessons. Anything that fool says is backed by the publisher, and therefore the paper and its advertisers. So perhaps we let some more of these rags go down the drain through boycotting the advertisers.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 8:28:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Which is worse:  Landers giving advice or the mental midgets who write to her?

Eddie
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 8:30:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I just had this great idea.  I'm gonna call up alot of people, have them all over for a party and then, when they are all sitting down I'm gonna take out my rifle set a loaded mag about 4 feet away and then have everyone watch the rifle so we can SEE when it loads itself and comes after us.  for added fun, I might have a couple people close their eyes so they don't know when the gun will jump up and shoot them.

[):)]
NSF
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 8:40:37 PM EDT
[#17]
She should tell her readers to keep guns safe, they shoud be stuck up their arse. No loss of intelligent life that way.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 8:40:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I wouldn't believe anything from Ann sLanders.  She gives all kinds of advice on man/woman relationships, and she herself is divorced.  Come on.  Typical liberal BS, i.e. "do as I say, and not do as I do."
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 8:47:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Dear AR15.com,
I have a female friend who sometimes reads Ann Landers and I feel AL and those like her are a very dangerous influence on my otherwise normal female friend.

Well I heard that if you bore a small hole in Ann Landers, Oprahs, Riki Lakes, Rosies head and wetvac out the brain and fill the remaining cavity with cement it renders tha babbling fucking idiot safe for viewing.

I just wanted to share this fix with your readers.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 9:26:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Roundabout way to email her

http://www.creators.com/lifestyle_writetheauthor.cfm?pg=write&columnsname=ala

Link Posted: 7/20/2001 10:22:20 PM EDT
[#21]
I read the column too.  However, considering what an idiot she is, I though she was trying to apease us as well.  I full expected her to say that he should get rid of them.  So, I was actually suprised. But she came up with a lame-assed compromise.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 12:09:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 2:47:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Dear AR15.com,
I have a female friend who sometimes reads Ann Landers and I feel AL and those like her are a very dangerous influence on my otherwise normal female friend.

Well I heard that if you bore a small hole in Ann Landers, Oprahs, Riki Lakes, Rosies head and wetvac out the brain and fill the remaining cavity with cement it renders tha babbling fucking idiot safe for viewing.

I just wanted to share this fix with your readers.
View Quote

Dangerous, indeed.  My sister-in-law has an ever changing life philosophy.  It changes with every episode of [i]OPRAH.[/i]  Needless to say, discuss anything with her but the weather and you will be slapping your forehead and kicking your own ass, at the same time!  
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 7:13:08 AM EDT
[#24]
I don't know about inviting Landers to this site. Do you think she'll appreciate the humor? How about the rants about race, sex, the Russian soldier video? I'll bet she'd be nice enough to dedicate her whole column to us:

Dear Ann Landers: I like black rifles and the people who shoot them, would you kindly do me the favor and join me for a little tete-a-tete, vis-a-vis AR15.com? - Kill'm All Let God Sort'm Out

Dear Kill'm All Let God Sort'm Out:
Thank you ever so much for the invitation, you are a sweet gentleman (single ladies, he has Anne's seal of approval!). I read with rapt attention many interesting and enlightening posts while visiting your afforementioned site. I am especially enamored with the one who calls himself, McUzi, (such a strong Scottish name!). I am advising all my readers to ignore my previous columns regarding firearms, I was wrong!

[red]NOT[/red]

You scum, you virulant gun-toting mass slaughtering dregs of our society. I will let the world in on your little boy's club. You are EXPOSED! Bwhaaahaaaahaaa
P.S. I am certain that with a slight change in your name you will find that many more people would be a little less scared of you. This one's for Charley H.
Anne.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top