Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 4/25/2011 7:33:51 AM EDT
Can anyone recommend a good ankle holster for 340pd j frame?

Has to be something that works with side zip boots.

I was looking at the Galco ankle glove, G&G boot lock, DeSantis die hard and the Alessi ankle holster.
Although I would prefer not to pay that much as an Alessi but hey if its worth it, I will.

So what would you recommend?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 12:08:13 PM EDT
I've got the Boot Lock for a J-Frame and it is awesome. Holds the gun in place during foot pursuits. Holster is molded, so it stays open for reholstering. I wear it on the inside of my strong-side ankle, so I can access it with my weak hand.
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 8:03:11 PM EDT
I'm wearing my M&P340 in this right now:
Renegade Holster
It's very comfortable, secure, fits around a Danner boot under your trouser leg, and has so far lasted almost 10 years.
The elastic strap snaps over the trigger guard.  To draw, you just firmly pull the gun out of the holster.
The sheepskin does feel cozy.  I really like it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 5:59:36 AM EDT
I've been running my glock 36 in an Galco ankle glove for couple years now. No retention strap but it has never even thought about coming out.  Before that I ran a J frame in a Galco also.  I love these Galco ankle holsters.  They also fit fine around my danner boots.  After about a month of wearing it you will forget you even have it on. I have tried some others but the ankle glove is the bomb, although a little pricey.   You can't beat a J frame set up for light weight but I had to switch out due to our dept. policy on qualifications.  The timed quals are set up for a Glock 21 and could not reload the J frame as fast as autoloader BUG.

Another thing I found out, was that after wearing my old Galco J frame ankle holster daily for 3 years, I was able to get about 75% of original cost back on ebay.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:46:31 AM EDT
Originally Posted By USMC6337:
I'm wearing my M&P340 in this right now:
Renegade Holster
It's very comfortable, secure, fits around a Danner boot under your trouser leg, and has so far lasted almost 10 years.
The elastic strap snaps over the trigger guard.  To draw, you just firmly pull the gun out of the holster.
The sheepskin does feel cozy.  I really like it.

+1 carry my 642 in one and have been very happy with it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:05:40 AM EDT
My favorite ankle holster is an Alessi. I have carried a Gock 19/23 or 27 in one for nearly 10 years.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:31:30 AM EDT
There is only one....Call Tom at Alessi.
Top Top