Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2011 3:02:28 AM EDT
If you have tried alot of supps and not seen many results, look no further. I am no rep or any kind of paid individual AnimalPak has just shown results
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 6:49:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Ok.

What exactly did that laundry list of shit do for you?

http://www.animalpak.com/store/html/packaging_image.cfm?id=14
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 6:55:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Animal Pak is a multivitamin/mineral specifically designed for the needs of those lifting weights/physical fitness.  I take them, but they do no more than any other multivitamin/mineral would do for an average person.  Just keep your body in good repair and healthy.  It is not like a vasodilator or creatine, or the sort.  I'm a little curious, seriously, to the noted changes you felt.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 7:13:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I'm guessing it turned his piss a nice bright shade of yellow and slimmed his wallet down quite a bit.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 8:49:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I use it and I "think" it's helped my recovery times.  It does make my piss a very attractive golden color that really brings out my hazel eyes.

It's a load of pills to take, but if a person "thinks" it helps.......It does.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 8:52:16 AM EDT
[#5]
It's basically just a really potent mulitvitamin...unfortunately there is a lot of fillers too IIRC.

Does anyone have anything that also has the BCAA's in it plus all the vitamins without the filler for a more reasonable price?
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 8:57:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
...  It does make my piss a very attractive golden color...

That's the color of your money going right down the shitter.

Link Posted: 8/8/2011 9:05:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
...  It does make my piss a very attractive golden color...

I am a very efficient money waster.  I fart it away, fuck it away, drink it away, so I just as well piss it away.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 9:07:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

... It does make my piss a very attractive golden color...

What do you recommend?
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 9:09:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

What do you recommend?

Getting what you need from the real food you eat during the course of the day.

If you have a legit reason to think you need something more then supplement that specific vitamin/compound, multi's are a waste.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 9:15:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What do you recommend?

Getting what you need from the real food you eat during the course of the day.

If you have a legit reason to think you need something more then supplement that specific vitamin/compound, multi's are a waste.

Yeah, I agree in principle, I have a diet better than most I just feel like taking a solid multi isn't a bad idea just to make sure I'm getting everything I need. I've read a fair amount of stuff saying that BCAA's help with protein synthesis as well.

Link Posted: 8/8/2011 9:23:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm avoiding quoting as to not "hourglass" this thread.  It has a number of things that are beneficial, ZMA for recovery, BCAA's, etc.  It's meant to be a "hyper" multi mineral/vitamin.  If you can fare with a "one-a-day" then by all means.  I use it to cover my bases.  It does not really "do" anything for you outside of that though.  One good BCAA to take by itself for protein synthesis is Glutamine.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 9:26:23 AM EDT
[#12]
I agree with the OP.

Animal Pak, Animal Test, Animal Stak.

Cycle the AT and AS.

I'd say hitting a new personal BP record a week before my 44th Bday is proof enough for me. 335 lbs clean.

Link Posted: 8/8/2011 9:42:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 9:56:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
One good BCAA to take by itself for protein synthesis is Glutamine.

Glutamine isn't a BCAA.  

I'd imagine that taking it by itself would waste a lot too unless your diet was weak.   Doesn't your body need every amino acid at once to make protein?   I could be way off base here.

You are correct, sorry, its a "non-essential amino acid".  As far as the chemistry goes down to a molecular level, ?.  But I know over the 10 + years I have been into lifting weights/bodybuilding, an external glutamine supplement is highly recommended as the demands for protein synthesis increase with the dietary needs of your body as the grams of protein ingested increase so as to grow.  

Link Posted: 8/8/2011 12:47:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I did some research into multivitamins and found all sorts of interesting discussion about bioavailability and dosage. I decided to give one of the "better" multivitamins a go and bought a bottle of Controlled Labs Orange Triad. The bioavailability of the ingredients used are supposed to be a lot better than Animal Pak plus it is MUCH cheaper. It is less pills to be taking each day as well. I particularly like the digestive aid included in it seeing as ever since I started losing weight my bowel movements haven't been as regular as they used to be even though I get far more fiber than I used to. Fiber supplements didn't seem to help either. With the digestion complex in OT that is a thing of the past.

As someone else mentioned a multi vitamin is just cheap insurance that you are getting all of the micronutrients that you should be getting through a varied diet. I do have neon piss indicating that it isn't all getting absorbed but I am fine with that. You shouldn't really notice a difference by including a multivitamin supplementation because it isn't performance oriented. I guess if you were significantly deficient in something it might make a noticable enough difference but I suspect the majority of people claiming a difference are suffering from a placebo effect.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 7:27:10 AM EDT
[#16]
B vitamins get flushed out if you don't use them.  It doesn't mean you aren't absorbing them, just that you didn't need them.  That's what makes your piss bright.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:33:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I agree with the OP.

Animal Pak, Animal Test, Animal Stak.
Cycle the AT and AS.

I'd say hitting a new personal BP record a week before my 44th Bday is proof enough for me. 335 lbs clean.

good job bassman
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I did some research into multivitamins and found all sorts of interesting discussion about bioavailability and dosage. I decided to give one of the "better" multivitamins a go and bought a bottle of Controlled Labs Orange Triad. The bioavailability of the ingredients used are supposed to be a lot better than Animal Pak plus it is MUCH cheaper. It is less pills to be taking each day as well. I particularly like the digestive aid included in it seeing as ever since I started losing weight my bowel movements haven't been as regular as they used to be even though I get far more fiber than I used to. Fiber supplements didn't seem to help either. With the digestion complex in OT that is a thing of the past.

As someone else mentioned a multi vitamin is just cheap insurance that you are getting all of the micronutrients that you should be getting through a varied diet. I do have neon piss indicating that it isn't all getting absorbed but I am fine with that. You shouldn't really notice a difference by including a multivitamin supplementation because it isn't performance oriented. I guess if you were significantly deficient in something it might make a noticable enough difference but I suspect the majority of people claiming a difference are suffering from a placebo effect.

I like orange triad as a multi because it also has joint support stuff in it but at the moment I am just using the $7 bottles of nature's made softgels from walmart.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top