Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 11:29:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Pure win, though needed more fuck, shit, etc...
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 1:05:56 PM EDT
[#2]
dude is a bauce
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 1:15:06 PM EDT
[#3]
That from Canada?
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 1:21:15 PM EDT
[#4]
As someone who works at a vet's office, he's right-the-fuck-on.

People are ridiculous.

Non-neutered dogs have - almost literally - tumors in those ball sacs.  I'm serious.  Life expectancy is low for dogs that don't get neutered.  Don't bitch at us because your dog got ball cancer because you didn't neuter him when we told you nearly every time you came in it would make him live longer.

Also, to the dipshits who walk in with dogs not on leashes, or cats not in carriers, and let them wander, how fucking retarded are you?  Seriously?  Do you think you own the place, and there's going to be no other fucking animals in the waiting room?  Goddamn you.  Especially you fucktards who let your dog piss on our plants or the desk, and DON'T SAY A FUCKING THING.  Seriously?

I've been to the hospital 4 times for bite wounds since I've been there.  Not once has it been a "killer pit bull" or a "ravenous rotty" or anything.  Never met a mean one, and both breeds are DAMN popular.  I've met more aggressive yellow labs and golden retrievers, and the numbers for the amount of all 4 of those breeds are VERY close, it isn't an apples-to-oranges comparison.

Oh, and crazy cat ladies exist.  And they scare the shit out of me.  And they aren't as rare as you think.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 1:25:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I still shudder when I see a pair of testicles on a dog though, so watch out.

Weirdo.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 1:28:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

People are ridiculous.

Non-neutered dogs have - almost literally - tumors in those ball sacs.  I'm serious.  Life expectancy is low for dogs that don't get neutered.  Don't bitch at us because your dog got ball cancer because you didn't neuter him when we told you nearly every time you came in it would make him live longer.

Also, to the dipshits who walk in with dogs not on leashes, or cats not in carriers, and let them wander, how fucking retarded are you?  Seriously?  Do you think you own the place, and there's going to be no other fucking animals in the waiting room?  Goddamn you.  Especially you fucktards who let your dog piss on our plants or the desk, and DON'T SAY A FUCKING THING.  Seriously?

I've been to the hospital 4 times for bite wounds since I've been there.  Not once has it been a "killer pit bull" or a "ravenous rotty" or anything.  Never met a mean one, and both breeds are DAMN popular.  I've met more aggressive yellow labs and golden retrievers, and the numbers for the amount of all 4 of those breeds are VERY close, it isn't an apples-to-oranges comparison.

Oh, and crazy cat ladies exist.  And they scare the shit out of me.  And they aren't as rare as you think.

This.

My Girlfriend runs the Animal Control Facility down on Coronado and She comes home with all sorts of insane stories about her day, the people, the animals, etc.

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 1:29:06 PM EDT
[#7]

2 buddies  used to do that job

you know all the shitbags that beat their kids and wives

yeah same assholes get animal controls attention too

was fucked up they were unarmed and dressed identical to the sheriffs

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 1:29:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yup.

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 1:32:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Can you have an older dog nuetered, say 6year old?
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 1:34:35 PM EDT
[#10]
"Please drive through to the second window and receive a punch to the face" was a nice touch
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 1:39:21 PM EDT
[#11]
8 / 10. Well thought out, passionate. May even give it a 9 for the use of "hineyhole".
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 1:40:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

"Please drive through to the second window and receive a punch to the face" was a nice touch

My favorite line, too.

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 1:40:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Yes.

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 1:41:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

People are ridiculous.

Non-neutered dogs have - almost literally - tumors in those ball sacs.  I'm serious.  Life expectancy is low for dogs that don't get neutered.

I'm guessing:

a. You know less about tumors than the kid screaming at Arnold in Kindergarten Cop
b. You couldn't name a mechanism which would lead to a correlation between these nonexistent tumors and low life expectancy
and
c. You can't name a cancer associated with the presence of testicles other than testicular cancer.

At this point, I'm guessing you're going to go pull some Brady campaign style propaganda off of some wack jobs website, without actually looking at any numbers.

Sorry vet school was too hard for you.

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 1:43:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Sometimes you have to.

The presence of test can make it tough to take a whiz as they get older.  Just like grandpa.

Neutering pups deprives them of some pretty important hormones that help them develop better.

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 1:45:01 PM EDT
[#16]
<Clark Griswold>...Hallelujah, Holy Shit.  Where's the Tylenol.... </Clark Griswold>
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 1:53:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

People are ridiculous.

This thread has potential!!!

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 1:55:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 1:56:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

People are ridiculous.

Is there a specific reason that male dogs can get testicular cancer? Just curious as my GSP is not neutered but our 2 female dogs are fixed. I figured I might want to breed him one day when he gets too old to go hunt.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 1:56:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

People are ridiculous.

As a dog groomer with two shops for many years......I concur.

Animal weirdo's are wackjobs
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 2:02:16 PM EDT
[#21]
WEAK!  He got broken by soccer moms.  what a dumbass.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 2:06:41 PM EDT
[#22]
I met the crazy cat lady back in 84.

Me and another dude slide up to a burning house, (in diff. units, thank God.)

Jump out and bystanders say old lady still inside.

We both bolt for the open side door.

He gets there first, and one step inside....he plants his feet, and slides all the way across the kitchen floor,

amassing huge piles of cat shit with each shoe.

I still rag him about shit surfing.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 2:06:43 PM EDT
[#23]
If everybody got their dog spayed or neutered and everybody just got unwanted dogs from the shelter, there would be no more dogs.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 2:07:03 PM EDT
[#24]
anyone that doesn't view animals purely as animals always get fucking weird.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 2:08:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If everybody got their dog spayed or neutered and everybody just got unwanted dogs from the shelter, there would be no more dogs.

only zoos would have them.  dogs and cats are here to stay.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 2:09:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Is there a specific reason that male dogs can get testicular cancer?

The specific reason is because they have testicles.

Testicular cancer accounts for the increased overall cancer risk among intact dogs.

Don't let them scare you- they're just balls.

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#27]

What kind of an individual would post a ranting and raving resignation letter on Craig's List .... a mentally unstable one
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 2:13:40 PM EDT
[#28]
So in the wild wolves, dogs, coyotes, and foxes all die off from ball cancer?

Yeah, yall are drinking the PETA Purple Drank way too much.

May as well cut your balls off just in case.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 2:24:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

People are ridiculous.

Non-neutered dogs have - almost literally - tumors in those ball sacs. ...................................

My non-neutered Boykin died of lung cancer at 11 1/2.

Should I have had his lungs taken out as a pup?

HEY! OP.

Add a poll and ask how many here have neutered themselves to ward off ball cancer.

eta
What about cats? Any chance the cat factory behind me will cash in their chips from ball cancer before I'm done in by a cat crap glacier?
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 2:35:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Dog catchers - LOL . . .
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 3:01:57 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

If we just made crime illegal......

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 3:15:57 PM EDT
[#32]
One of the funniest things i've ever seen was animal control and a couple cops versus a vicious rott that had killed the neighbors cat and keeping them in there house. They should have sent more people not terrified of dags. These clowns would jump on the hoods of cars (not theirs or dog owners) every time this rott would move, needed some yakety sax. I was laughing my ass off since i had been running it back on it's porch for about a half hour unarmed but was told to stand back so the pros could do their job. The dag took a few darts eventually and i went back to being bored.  2 days later the mutt was back still unchained but thankfully the sex offender owner moved shortly after.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 3:23:20 PM EDT
[#33]
he should have eaten one pet
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 3:29:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Nice.  

I never understood why AC folks got their chops busted so much.  The ones I've met have been nice folks.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 3:30:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Wasn't dennis rader (btk) an animal control officer?
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 3:34:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 3:36:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Wasn't dennis rader (btk) an animal control officer?

Probably what sent him off the rails.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 3:39:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Guys full of shit, I was so nice when animal control brought my dog bag and they still gave me a ticket.  Shit wasn't even our fault, our fucking fence moved shifted over or our house moved and the gate no longer latched.  I shit you not my dad and I were cleaning weeds around it the weekend before and the gate latched fine when I went down to check it after I realized Luke was gone the latch missed the poll by like 3".

I didn't give a shit about the ticket though I was glad to have my dog back.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 3:39:51 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

2 buddies  used to do that job

you know all the shitbags that beat their kids and wives

yeah same assholes get animal controls attention too

was fucked up they were unarmed and dressed identical to the sheriffs

The animal control are sworn leo's here. Carry guns, cuffs,etc. I guess they're people control too.

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 3:58:09 PM EDT
[#40]
The guy's rant is spot on.

Spay/neuter is not the only way to solve the population issue, though. It's the lowest common denominator solution for pet owners who are mouthbreathers and let their male dogs roam, or let a female in estrus roam around. As another poster has said already, there are reasons to not spay/neuter, chiefly that the dog needs those hormones at least the first couple years to grow and develop properly. If you spay/neuter at 6 months as many vets do, there is a pretty good study out there that says the growth plates on the dog will be less likely to fuse at the proper time and uniformly across limbs, for example.

There are other health benefits/risks as well involving various forms of cancer. Vets (who make big money on these procedures and like to do them when the dog is smaller because it's easier) will play up the cancers where the risk is higher for intact dogs but rarely give you the full picture. SPCA-type places will do the same thing because they have an agenda.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Nice.  

I never understood why AC folks got their chops busted so much.  The ones I've met have been nice folks.

This guy can probably chalk it up to being a passive-aggressive faggot with a sour face for the world.

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 4:12:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Guys full of shit, I was so nice when animal control brought my dog bag and they still gave me a ticket.  Shit wasn't even our fault, our fucking fence moved shifted over or our house moved and the gate no longer latched.  I shit you not my dad and I were cleaning weeds around it the weekend before and the gate latched fine when I went down to check it after I realized Luke was gone the latch missed the poll by like 3".

I didn't give a shit about the ticket though I was glad to have my dog back.

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 6:31:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Why should I care what a dog catcher thinks?

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 6:36:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 6:40:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Nice.  

+1

I have two pips here. They've been right over when I catch another intruder from the cat factory behind me in my garage.

They get my Hav A Hart trap back within 24 hours and I'm good to go again.

We're up to 7. I hope they get paid by commission. Still have 3 or 4 to go unless there's been another litter.

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 6:50:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Nice.  

I've only called them once. I had an animal in the chimney that turned out to be a skunk. Their advice was "why don't you just shoot it?"

I thought that was good advice in general, but at the time I was in college and the chimney was at a fraternity house on campus. So I explained this little "issue" and the idea that this approach, while theoretically sound, would perhaps be ... frowned upon, shall we say, by certain elements on campus. So they sent someone over and got the little stinker out for us.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 6:59:42 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Most wild dogs are dead before they reach age 10.  If they lived as long as domestic dogs, then yeah, they might have a higher risk for cancer.

Not to mention they probably do die from testicular cancer, but since there aren't any vets in the woods no one notices.

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 7:00:47 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

HEY! OP.

Add a poll and ask how many here have neutered themselves to ward off ball cancer.

Not to hijack my own thread, but circumcision effectively eliminates the risk of getting penile cancer....  

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Most wild dogs are dead before they reach age 10.  If they lived as long as domestic dogs, then yeah, they might have a higher risk for cancer.

Not to mention they probably do die from testicular cancer, but since there aren't any vets in the woods no one notices.

Wild canines have (and have always had) a life expectancy analogous to humans in the dark ages. They die in the wild for many reasons and in many manners that simply don't happen at nearly the same rate in domesticated dogs. Many don't survive as puppies, others die from eating things they shouldn't, from diseases other than cancer, from injuries that would be easily treated if a human were there to care for them, and so forth.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 7:09:28 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wild canines have (and have always had) a life expectancy analogous to humans in the dark ages. They die in the wild for many reasons and in many manners that simply don't happen at nearly the same rate in domesticated dogs. Many don't survive as puppies, others die from eating things they shouldn't, from diseases other than cancer, from injuries that would be easily treated if a human were there to care for them, and so forth.

I think the oldest documented wolf in Yellowstone lived to 11.  Most of the wild wolves there live only to 6-8 years before they die of starvation, disease, injury, or lupicide.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top