BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/4/2008 10:42:21 AM EDT
Angelina Jolie on bearing arms

entertainment.msn.com/movies/hotgossip/6-02-08?GT1=BUZZ2

June 2, 2008

"If anybody comes into my home and tries to hurt my kids, I've no problem shooting them." That's Angelina Jolie, revealing her up-with-the-Second-Amendment maternal instincts to Britain's Mail on Sunday.

And, as an added warning, the protective mom of Maddox, 6, Pax, 4, Zahara, 3, Shiloh, 2, and the still-baking, Brad Pitt-spawned double buns in her oven, points out that she "bought original, real guns of the type we used in 'Tomb Raider' for security."

"Brad and I are not against having a gun in the house, and we do have one," acknowledges Jolie, who is out stumping for the soon-to-be-released thriller, "Wanted," in which she plays a weapons-wielding assassin. "And yes, I'd be able to use it if I had to. I could handle myself. I think there are certain combat skills that would come out. I tend to want to throw an elbow."

Says the goodwill-promoting earth mother, "There's a side to me that people know is humanitarian, and there's a side to me that's a mommy. But there's also the side that likes to get down and dirty and run and jump around and fire guns."

And while it'll probably be several years before any of her tots see her popping a cap or 50 in "Wanted," she's not going to shield them from violence on the big screen.

"It's just not a reality in this day and age to say, 'I'm never going to let my kids watch a movie that has a gun in it,'" explains Angelina. "It's important to know that this exists. But I'm very clear with my children about who's a good guy and who's bad."

For those who prefer the "grunge" look:

For those who prefer the tatoo look:

For those who prefer the Tomb Raider look:

For those who prefer the "with child" look:

For those who prefer the "busy mom" look:

For those who prefer the "red carpet" look:

Last but not least, for those who really REALLY like big lips:

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:43:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:44:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I swear I read this the other day...
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:44:58 AM EDT
[#3]
She'd look so much better if she deflated those lips of hers.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:45:53 AM EDT
[#4]
wow she got ugly all the sudden
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:47:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Uh, no? Then Brad Pitt won't have anything to um, wrap around his uh...

So how bout them yankees?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:47:09 AM EDT
[#6]
ugh, double tap
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:47:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I swear I read this the other day...

jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=715868
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:47:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Doesn't she have a tatoo of billy bob whatever on her back?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Maybe her Daddy is starting to rub off on her.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:50:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Those are some serious DSLs.

- BG
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:50:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Yep.

John Voigt is a definite Conservative.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:50:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:50:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Doesn't she have a tatoo of billy bob whatever on her back?

She had his name on her arm, but has since been removed.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:51:48 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'm not sure having a crazy person on our side actually helps us.  

Unless she is showing lots of skin
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:52:20 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Ted Nugent isn't crazy?

Sheep like celebrities so I think having Angelina on our side is a good thing.  Plus she's Hawt!  
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:53:32 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

????

Don't care for her at all.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:53:49 AM EDT
[#17]
I'll bet she knows how to use firearms better than 90% of arf.com
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:54:07 AM EDT
[#18]
mmm dsl's
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:56:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Pole polishing lips they are!!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:57:39 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I'll bet she knows how to use firearms better than 90% of arf.com

backward CQT and all
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:58:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Hmmmm.....

Very unique and pretty.....

Objectivist....

Likes guns.......

I am not a big fan of the Humanitarian part BUT she follows the Objectivist tenant of helping people HERSELF, not forcing others to do it for her......so...good for her!!!

I say, Angelian Jolie ForTheWin!!!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:00:35 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

As if any lib is sane and she is smokin hot
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:02:08 AM EDT
[#23]
What happened with the Atlas Shrugged movie she was making?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:02:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Changed my opinion of her...always had her pegged as another Hollywood gun toting(Stallone)...anti gunner.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:04:14 AM EDT
[#25]
With how many tabloids she is in, I don't mind her being pro-gun. Unless she thinks only celebs need guns. This article isn't very detailed on her views.

I think she's hawt btw. My wife thinks she is dog ugly though.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:04:48 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Hmmmm.....

Objectivist....

Likes guns.......

I am not a big fan of the Humanitarian part BUT she follows the Objectivist tenant of helping people HERSELF, not forcing others to do it for her......so...good for her!!!

Well said.  We do not have a lot of Hollywood types who actually acknowledge that guns are a good thing.  Why rip on her?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:05:28 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
What happened with the Atlas Shrugged movie she was making?

They are supposed to start filming in December, 2008.  

www.imdb.com/title/tt0480239/
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:06:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Dick Sucking Lips.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:07:03 AM EDT
[#29]
I honestly believe that many celebrities enjoy shooting especially if they were part of an action film that required them to take a certain amount of training before hand.  Having said that, I also believe that most of their anit-gun sentiments are derived from the fact that it's not popular among the hollywood crowd.  That and most are idiots anyway.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:07:41 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

????

Don't care for her at all.

she never a pretty in the first place, always looks like a coke head to me
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:08:20 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Maybe her Daddy is starting to She'll let FSUChris rub off one out on her.

Fixed it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:09:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:09:34 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Hmmmm.....

Objectivist....

Likes guns.......

How could you not be a fan of her actually caring about people other than herself
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:11:45 AM EDT
[#34]

Supreme
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:36:30 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I thought that was her brother that did that.....I am pretty sure I have anyhow...oh wait..
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:39:27 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh83/reech_r/K7DmBpuCiFKZ.jpg

Supreme

She's gorgeous when she's not trying to be a size 0. Too bad about the tattoos and the mouth kissing her brother thing. I bet she's fun to hang out with when she's not being moody or preaching about kids in 3rd world countries.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:40:57 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Hmmmm.....

Objectivist....

Likes guns.......

Yep.......FTMFW!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:42:03 AM EDT
[#38]
I love that woman.

Dream Woman.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:43:55 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Yeah, when I head to the gun show and enjoy the fragrant company of my unwashed fellow 2nd Amd ardents, or follow a thread where 16 pages are devoted to various discussions of orgies and consequent surprise!buttsecks!, or watch grown people argue over tattoos for months, or I see a tenured professor with 80000 posts (at 30 seconds a post, representing something like 700 hours on ARFCOM posting alone,)

I think "That Angelina Jolie is real bat-shit crazy."
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:46:25 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
mmm dsl's

LOL. +1
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:48:09 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I see a tenured professor with 80000 posts (at 30 seconds a post, representing something like 700 hours on ARFCOM posting alone,)

I'd just like to point out that the fact you did the math on that makes you a nerd. That is all, now back to our regularly scheduled Angelina debate.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:52:38 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh83/reech_r/K7DmBpuCiFKZ.jpg

Supreme

She's gorgeous when she's not trying to be a size 0. Too bad about the tattoos and the mouth kissing her brother thing. I bet she's fun to hang out with when she's not being moody or preaching about kids in 3rd world countries.

I wouldn't mind being her brother.

ETA, I'm sure he didn't mind, and probably rubbed one out after that.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:53:29 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I think "That Angelina Jolie is real bat-shit crazy."

Your forgetting the rules........

She's only bat-shit crazy if she is an anti-gunner. Seeing how she is on our side, she is just eccentric.

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:55:54 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I know she's "out there", though...we're not?  It's simply perspective...

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:00:34 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

She'd look even better if those lips were round my todger

That's a new one for the scrapbook...
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:05:33 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
With how many tabloids she is in, I don't mind her being pro-gun. Unless she thinks only celebs need guns. This article isn't very detailed on her views.

I think she's hawt btw. My wife thinks she is dog ugly though.

Survey says your wife is right.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:05:44 PM EDT
[#47]
I think it's good anytime a popular celebrity, that is mainstream hollywood, speaks up about firearms in a positive way.  It can only help.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:05:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Jolie's pro-victory in Iraq:

Staying to Help in Iraq

We have finally reached a point where humanitarian assistance, from us and others, can have an impact.

The request is familiar to American ears: "Bring them home."

But in Iraq, where I've just met with American and Iraqi leaders, the phrase carries a different meaning. It does not refer to the departure of U.S. troops, but to the return of the millions of innocent Iraqis who have been driven out of their homes and, in many cases, out of the country.

In the six months since my previous visit to Iraq with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, this humanitarian crisis has not improved. However, during the last week, the United States, UNHCR and the Iraqi government have begun to work together in new and important ways.

We still don't know exactly how many Iraqis have fled their homes, where they've all gone, or how they're managing to survive. Here is what we do know: More than 2 million people are refugees inside their own country -- without homes, jobs and, to a terrible degree, without medicine, food or clean water. Ethnic cleansing and other acts of unspeakable violence have driven them into a vast and very dangerous no-man's land. Many of the survivors huddle in mosques, in abandoned buildings with no electricity, in tents or in one-room huts made of straw and mud. Fifty-eight percent of these internally displaced people are younger than 12 years old.
ad_icon

An additional 2.5 million Iraqis have sought refuge outside Iraq, mainly in Syria and Jordan. But those host countries have reached their limits. Overwhelmed by the refugees they already have, these countries have essentially closed their borders until the international community provides support.

I'm not a security expert, but it doesn't take one to see that Syria and Jordan are carrying an unsustainable burden. They have been excellent hosts, but we can't expect them to care for millions of poor Iraqis indefinitely and without assistance from the U.S. or others. One-sixth of Jordan's population today is Iraqi refugees. The large burden is already causing tension internally.

The Iraqi families I've met on my trips to the region are proud and resilient. They don't want anything from us other than the chance to return to their homes -- or, where those homes have been bombed to the ground or occupied by squatters, to build new ones and get back to their lives. One thing is certain: It will be quite a while before Iraq is ready to absorb more than 4 million refugees and displaced people. But it is not too early to start working on solutions. And last week, there were signs of progress.

In Baghdad, I spoke with Army Gen. David Petraeus about UNHCR's need for security information and protection for its staff as they re-enter Iraq, and I am pleased that he has offered that support. General Petraeus also told me he would support new efforts to address the humanitarian crisis "to the maximum extent possible" -- which leaves me hopeful that more progress can be made.

UNHCR is certainly committed to that. Last week while in Iraq, High Commissioner António Guterres pledged to increase UNHCR's presence there and to work closely with the Iraqi government, both in assessing the conditions required for return and in providing humanitarian relief.

During my trip I also met with Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, who has announced the creation of a new committee to oversee issues related to internally displaced people, and a pledge of $40 million to support the effort.

My visit left me even more deeply convinced that we not only have a moral obligation to help displaced Iraqi families, but also a serious, long-term, national security interest in ending this crisis.

Today's humanitarian crisis in Iraq -- and the potential consequences for our national security -- are great. Can the United States afford to gamble that 4 million or more poor and displaced people, in the heart of Middle East, won't explode in violent desperation, sending the whole region into further disorder?

What we cannot afford, in my view, is to squander the progress that has been made. In fact, we should step up our financial and material assistance. UNHCR has appealed for $261 million this year to provide for refugees and internally displaced persons. That is not a small amount of money -- but it is less than the U.S. spends each day to fight the war in Iraq. I would like to call on each of the presidential candidates and congressional leaders to announce a comprehensive refugee plan with a specific timeline and budget as part of their Iraq strategy.

As for the question of whether the surge is working, I can only state what I witnessed: U.N. staff and those of non-governmental organizations seem to feel they have the right set of circumstances to attempt to scale up their programs. And when I asked the troops if they wanted to go home as soon as possible, they said that they miss home but feel invested in Iraq. They have lost many friends and want to be a part of the humanitarian progress they now feel is possible.

It seems to me that now is the moment to address the humanitarian side of this situation. Without the right support, we could miss an opportunity to do some of the good we always stated we intended to do.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#49]
So, where exactly did she comment upon the 2nd Amendment, aside from the whole, "we have a gun I will kill for my kids", thing?

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:07:35 PM EDT
[#50]
The NRA does need somebody to replace the unreplacable Heston.  We would need somebody that can talk a game as good as Obama but really mean it.

I'd vote for her unless somebody better shows up plus she looks better than most posing with guns.  Tom Selleck would be good too....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top