Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2004 4:06:05 AM EDT
Which of the women on the Andy Griffith show would you hit?

Aunt Bea your style?  Clara Johnson?  Thelma Lou?  Helen?  Ellie?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:07:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:08:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You put Gomer on that list?

For the conversation.  Kind of like a chick sorbet.  Plus he could sing you to sleep while spooning.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:11:00 AM EDT
[#3]
What?  You forgot about Charlene Darlin?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:12:06 AM EDT
[#4]
What about LuAnn Poovey?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:12:11 AM EDT
[#5]
so hot

Just kidding.  Thelma Lou is the hottie.

Helen Crump

Ellie Walker

And only cause he is in the darn poll.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:12:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I never thought she was very attractive.  Or maybe I'm thinking of the wrong woman.  It's been a while since I've watched a lot of the show.

For my money, Rafe Hollister is the sexiest bitch to ever appear on the show.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:13:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For the conversation.  Kind of like a chick sorbet.  Plus he could sing you to sleep while spooning.

I always thought Jim Nabors was a little light in the loafers anyway......
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:14:30 AM EDT
[#8]

I prefer the chickie snacks from Pettycoat Junction
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:15:40 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I never thought she was very attractive.  Or maybe I'm thinking of the wrong woman.  It's been a while since I've watched a lot of the show.

For my money, Rafe Hollister is the sexiest bitch to ever appear on the show.

Yeah, I suppose she wasn't that hot...but you know damn well she'd put out.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:16:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

For those that want a significant other
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:18:27 AM EDT
[#11]

I'd love to stuff it in her pooper.  Circa 1960, of course.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:22:40 AM EDT
[#12]

What's that you say Pvt. Pyle?  You dropped the soap?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:26:36 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

That was a show about a whorehouse.  Think about it.  A train that makes a special stop just for a little house.  Uncle Joe was the pimp.  He had to be.  He never worked. Kate was the madam.  The three girls were the hookers.  They always had male guests.  At least it seemed that way.  Petticoat Junction was another way of saying "Mustang Ranch".  The girls were so hot they probably brought in the high rollers for three way action.  Probably had an exclusive clientele.  They were nearly always around the house. It was always immaculate and the lawn and hedges were always trimmed.  They probably put on that country hotel look for a front in case the state police came by.  Probably paid off the sheriff anyway.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:51:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Come on now.  Someone has to have BOTD type pics.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:54:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:44:11 AM EDT
[#16]
OK, who wants to tap Francis Bavier?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:13:57 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
so hot

I'd say "I'd hit it" but looks like somebody already hit her a few times with an ugly stick.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:16:12 AM EDT
[#18]
I'll betcha Aunt Bea is hellcat!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:26:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Ellie Walker (Elinor Donahue) has more miles than a NYC taxi, but from the show, she is the one.

Started on Father knows best...

She did a cookbook...

Was a hottie in her day....

And if you need to see a modern one... (paper bag time)

Mary Eleanor Donahue was born in Tacoma, Washington, just prior to the outbreak of World War II. As a young child, she had a talent for dancing, and by age two she had an entire act. Elinor soon began singing on the radio, and soon moved to Hollywood. Her first big part was in “Mr. Big,” a film for Universal. She appeared in several more films throughout the 1940’s and 50’s, including The Unfinished Dance, Her First Romance, and Love Is Better Than Ever.

By the time Elinor was 14, TV had become popular, and she appeared in a number of dramatic and variety shows, including “The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show,” “The Steve Allen Show,” and “Schlitz Playhouse of Stars.” She was also known as Betty “Princess” Anderson on “Father Knows Best.” She then joined the cast of the “Andy Griffith Show” as Andy’s romantic interest, pharmacist Ellie Walker.

Elinor has fond memories of working with the entire TAGS cast and crew. “I loved working with Ron Howard, who was the most talented child actor I’ve ever worked with ... He was just the best. ... I don’t know how he did it, but he was just wonderful. ... Ron was just this little old guy, but he was a child.” She adds, “I used to have great fun with Frances Bavier and Don Knotts.”
About the time she left TAGS, Elinor married legendary Screen Gems producer Harry Ackerman. She also began spending more time raising her family, which includes sons Brian, Peter, James and Christopher. Elinor still found time for commercials and a number of guest performances on various TV shows and films. She had a recurring role on “The Odd Couple” from 1972-1974, and her career became more hectic as the decade continued. In the 1980’s Elinor had guest roles on “Barnaby Jones,” “The Love Boat,” “Newhart,” “The Golden Girls,” and “Murder She Wrote.”

In the 1990’s, Elinor appeared on “Coach,” “Friends,” and had a recurring role on “Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman.” She supplied the voice of Mom in the popular syndicated cartoon “Eek the Cat.” She also appeared on-screen in 1990’s “Pretty Woman” and has worked frequently on the stage in various productions.
What’s her favorite role ever? “Whatever I’m doing at the present time tends to be the one that’s my favorite,” she says with characteristic diplomacy. “But I had a wonderful time on ‘The Andy Griffith Show.’ I had a terrific time on ‘Father Knows Best.’ “
Husband Harry Ackerman passed away in 1991. Since 1992, Elinor has been happily married to Louis Genevrino, a noted hardwood floor contractor, who also has a background in dancing and acting. When not working, Elinor enjoys doing needlepoint, cooking, biking, swimming and walking. She’s involved with a number of charitable organizations as well.

It’s clear that Elinor Donahue is the kind of talented and good citizen—and nice person—in real life that Ellie Walker represents in Mayberry. We’re fortunate that she passed through our favorite small town and helped get TAGS off to such a good start.

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:00:15 PM EDT
[#20]
mmm, Ms. Ellie.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:42:25 PM EDT
[#21]
For you Helen Crump (Aneta Corsaut, d.1996, cancer) fans...

Othe rthan the one posted here, not a lot in pics...

And while I am here, Thelma Lou (Betty Lynn)

Whew.....today?

Give me Ellie or give me death. Quick!    

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#22]
I remember as a wee lad watchin The Junction and seeing the girls swim around in the water tower made me feel all funny inside...

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:13:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Barbara Eden when she was Floyd's manicurist.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:35:49 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember as a wee lad watchin The Junction and seeing the girls swim around in the water tower made me feel all funny inside...

Mommy, why does the water taste like tuna?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:39:34 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was a show about a whorehouse.  Think about it.  A train that makes a special stop just for a little house.  Uncle Joe was the pimp.  He had to be.  He never worked. Kate was the madam.  The three girls were the hookers.  They always had male guests.  At least it seemed that way.  Petticoat Junction was another way of saying "Mustang Ranch".  The girls were so hot they probably brought in the high rollers for three way action.  Probably had an exclusive clientele.  They were nearly always around the house. It was always immaculate and the lawn and hedges were always trimmed.  They probably put on that country hotel look for a front in case the state police came by.  Probably paid off the sheriff anyway.  

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:39:41 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mommy, why does the water taste like tuna?

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:56:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Of that list, Ellie.

But the hottest to ever appear on the show was Barbara Eden, as the manicurist. Wow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top