Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2010 4:28:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:37:44 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're in an area that actually has 4G, the EVO has a much, much faster connection. Plus, the whole being able to customize feature is quite nice as well. I'm stuck with a crackberry on Sprint, but the EVO is next for me.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:43:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you're in an area that actually has 4G, the EVO has a much, much faster connection. Plus, the whole being able to customize feature is quite nice as well. I'm stuck with a crackberry on Sprint, but the EVO is next for me.

Nope, no 4G here yet and from what I understand even in a 4G area the wifi hotspot only operates at 3G... putting the iPhone and Evo 4 about on par.

I've used my friends' Evo and Iphone4 next to each other here in Atlanta where 4G actually exists, and I can tell you from experience that this is not the case.  

Having said that, since the 4G is a moot point for you, go with whichever platform you like the best. FWIW, I have no problems with the Sprint network, while all my friends with Iphones drop calls all the time.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:43:19 PM EDT
[#4]
What technology are you planning to use to "manage" the alternate platforms as an alternate to the functionality of the Blackberry Enterprise Server? Key items are of course the ability to enforce policy for passwords & encryption of the data to prevent data loss if a device is stolen or lost, but management of which applications are available matters in some industries (particularly preventing use of unauthorized apps etc) and also control of the browser to mandate use of the corporate proxy and prevent "backdoor" data leakage?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:48:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I have had an Evo for over 2 months now.  It is absolutely incredible.

What business need do you have for YouTube?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:51:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got the Samsung Epic 4g which is a Galaxy S phone.  It runs Android.  It also has a full size slide out keyboard which was a must for me.  Blackberry users will have a hard time letting go of the keyboard.  

My neighbor who is a tech geek and a diehard Apple fanboy just converted, so I know they are good phones.  Not exactly what you asked; I know.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:03:39 PM EDT
[#7]
dont know if it matters for your company but sprints service is less expensive.

and with sprint and the EVO you have UNLIMITED bandwidth
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:10:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the Evo 4G, it rocks. True unlimited data and 4G/WiMAX is way faster than 3G.. whoever tells you otherwise either is in an area that doesn't get good coverage or doesn't know what they're talking about.

I switched from another HTC phone with a slide out keyboard and don't miss it at all.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:22:05 PM EDT
[#9]
and definitely get shapewriter its an awesome keyboard
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:24:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:38:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Battery, battery, battery.

I have an iPhone 4 and an Evo too - the Evo battery is horrendous, can barely get through the day
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:48:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Battery, battery, battery.

I have an iPhone 4 and an Evo too - the Evo battery is horrendous, can barely get through the day

gotta know which settings to tweak

here a post i put in another evo thread
as for the battery guys try these tips. Ever since i did i am getting over 15 hours of battery life with heavy usage

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209410&highlight=battery

Very Important Tweaks:

Battery Tips
Menu - Settings - Brightness - Sound & Display - Brightness "Set Brightness to about 30%" or automatic if you prefer that

Menu - Settings - Brightness - Sound & Display - Screen timeout "Set to 1 minute"

Menu - Settings - Wireless & Networks "GPS, 4G, HOTSPOT, & 3G TURN TO OFF" Turn on when needed
(I keep my 3G on but it does increase battery life even more when off. They make a widget for this.)

Open Settings / Accounts and Sync / Uncheck Auto Sync, this will take care of the following:

Menu - Settings - Accounts & Sync (Turn off what you don't use)
Weather is on but set to download every 3 hours (" Uncheck Sync Box")
News is off " Uncheck Sync Box"
Stocks is off " Uncheck Sync Box"
Google is off " Uncheck Sync Box"

Open Mail App - Menu - Settings - Set download frequency to "Once a day" Set peak time and off peak time to "Once a day" If needed more change it to that. You can always check it manually.

Open Fring App - Make sure you are signed out and logged off when closing. Also go to Menu/Settings, and uncheck Automatic Startup.

Open Sprint Zone App - Menu - Settings - Set Update Frequency "Use once a week or once a month"

Open News App - Menu - Settings - Set Update schedule to "Manual"

Open Stocks App - Menu - Settings - "Uncheck Auto-sync data box"

Open Talk App - Menu - Settings - "Uncheck Automatically sign in box" and make sure you sign out. Do not back out, SIGN OUT
(credit to Slick1020)

but the best thing i have done is order 2 extra batteries from ebay. I just keep an extra in my pocket for the days i am away from home for quite a while

For $10 you get 2 batteries and a wallcharger. they are off brand but for me give the same battery life as the stock

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:05:44 PM EDT
[#13]
thought i would post this deal i just found

evo hdmi cable for $4 shipped

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2236863
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:09:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:27:12 PM EDT
[#15]
remember plans, im not really an iphone expert, but all my friends cancelled their texting because it cost them too much, and they run some dumbass free ap and want me to text them to a different phone number.

I dont know how much they pay but my plan gives me unlimited everything except for landline calls, Im assuming that sprint has corporate plans that may be different than any of this att v sprint garbage, but maybe not.

I love my evo, the battery thing is an issue, but its tolerable as long as you just run appkiller and let it automatically kill what you are not using. I never have my phone die on me though I do have to charge it every night

all in all the fact that the android market is open for development unlike the apple market which requires apple to sanction any app that you are allowed to purchase wins me over in the toss up.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:38:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

thought i would post this deal i just found

evo hdmi cable for $4 shipped

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2236863

ah you got me all wound up for nothing...

the coupon is dead, im assuming they got soaked with tons of orders for (basically) free cables and wondered wtf was going on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top