Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2005 9:42:20 PM EDT
My little sister bought a 1992 Chevy 2 door cavalier Friday afternoon w/ 120k for 1100$. Naturally my brother and I, the 2 car buffs, were none too thrilled to have our little sister buy that car because we were none too thrilled about it's reliability record-it's a chevy in a family of Mercedes, Ford, and Toyota cars.

Well she has begun driving herself to college in another city and today she parked in someone else's (Professor) parking spot. She got three tickets as a result, which she did not know about until she was driving down the highway and flipped on the windshield wipers. This caused the 3 tickets to begin to flutter under the wipers, causing her to slow down and pull them off. She then turned around to go back to shcool and dispute them. Big mistake. On the way back to the school she says a guy cut her off and caused her to drive into a ditch, something we aren't putting a lot of water in (from her driving skills.).  The car was pulled out of the ditch and driven home, whereupon it was discovered that the whole time she had been driving with a flat tire(after the accident), and had been leaking power steering fluid and been driving with bad brakes.

In 4 days of driving she has gotten into 3 tickets, an accident, and already had to have the car taken to the repair shop....makes me feel better about my 1 accident (2 weeks after I got my license) and 2 tickets (all over the course of 2 years, I've been driving since I was 17).

Ben
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:46:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Repair shop? A junker like that? She payed way too much for it. A 90's 4-cylinder? Those things are disposable.

Noithing wrong with GM products though.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:52:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Repair shop? A junker like that? She payed way too much for it. A 90's 4-cylinder? Those things are disposable.

Noithing wrong with GM products though.

Yup. She wanted a car that weekend so she could start driving on her own and didnt want to wait. She gets what she pays for...

ben
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:54:05 PM EDT
[#3]
driving like that she'd blend right in here in Tucson.  hell she'd get a good driver discount on her insurance.

its a fucking zoo out there.

and I pity you, as like my sister did to me, she'll come calling to you when her POS breaks down.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:02:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
driving like that she'd blend right in here in Tucson.  hell she'd get a good driver discount on her insurance.

its a fucking zoo out there.

and I pity you, as like my sister did to me, she'll come calling to you when her POS breaks down.

Yup. I was in Arlington watching my brother's place and wasn't too far from it. I could have gone and picked her up, pulled her out with my car, and had her on her way...

She chose that over a 1200$ 92 corolla. Amazing.

I even left her some hot pads so when she pushes it in the winter her hands won't get cold. Needless to say she didn't like that.

ben
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:03:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I finally talked my sister into buying a 95 geo prism(corolla in drag if you will) and guess what? no problems.

your sister will learn in time
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:30:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I finally talked my sister into buying a 95 geo prism(corolla in drag if you will) and guess what? no problems.

your sister will learn in time

Updated with pics.

If you look really hard in the middle of the photo is some of the damage from her accident a few days ago. Split peice of metal-not sure what it goes to.

The rear end of the beast.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top