Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2004 7:06:20 AM EST
Gotta love it

Survey

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:12:02 AM EST
Damn I have some great pics to go along with this,
I think they are illegal BOTD pics
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:13:10 AM EST
Unfortunately the survey didn't address what percentage of that was alone.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:14:01 AM EST
Hmm, I need a BMW.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:14:40 AM EST

Originally Posted By Blackbird_Pilot:

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:16:39 AM EST

Originally Posted By oubeta:

What are the rules regarding this type of material. I have some good bikini-type pics. Are those allowed?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:16:50 AM EST

Originally Posted By KUpolo:
Gotta love it

Survey

fuck those cars.....

I drive a chevy !!!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:19:05 AM EST

Originally Posted By tooly:

fuck those cars.....

I drive a chevy !!!!

Unless it's a Corvette, I feel sorry for you.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:21:42 AM EST
Quality of the poon, nor the HIV status of the participants is addressed.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:23:24 AM EST
It's probably because women are attracted to men who have a tendance to throw money away... Ba-Ha-Ha!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:25:07 AM EST
What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:26:09 AM EST

Originally Posted By CalGat:
What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?

I'll bite??
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:28:26 AM EST
The pricks are on the outside of the porcupine?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:29:20 AM EST

Originally Posted By Brad86:
The pricks are on the outside of the porcupine?

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:31:43 AM EST

Originally Posted By Blackbird_Pilot:

or with women

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:49:30 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/12/2004 7:50:06 AM EST by Stainless]
damnit wasnt fast enough
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:06:32 AM EST
You drive a BMW because you are yuppie liberal scum.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:11:24 AM EST

Gotta love it

Survey

fuck those cars.....

I drive a chevy !!!!

Considering that I get it 3-4 times a day I'd say camaro drivers get it the most.

My hood is extra shiny, can you tell we just polished it?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:15:30 AM EST

Originally Posted By LHD:

Gotta love it

Survey

fuck those cars.....

I drive a chevy !!!!

Considering that I get it 3-4 times a day I'd say camaro drivers get it the most.

Family members don't count...
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:16:28 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/12/2004 8:18:17 AM EST by Dog1]
As I'm a VW owner I can tell you this.... I can't see how VW made the list...because the fucking over-priced shit boxes are always in the fucking shop...

Next Knob Creek...I'm parking my car out in the field of fire....with a can of gas and a stick of TNT...
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:17:35 AM EST

Originally Posted By DriftPunch:

fuck those cars.....

I drive a chevy !!!!

Bwa ha hah!!!

pwn3d!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:18:33 AM EST

Gotta love it

Survey

fuck those cars.....

I drive a chevy !!!!

Sure they do. I'm part of the family, just not by blood.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:24:30 AM EST

Originally Posted By oubeta:

What's up man! How about sharing with the rest of us in the class this morning.(JK)

No. Ok never mind then.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:41:04 AM EST

Originally Posted By sgtar15:

SGtar15

bullshit on that. You guys have seen me in my BMW. Know any liberal yuppie scum that will get their BMW off road like I will.

Call me a fucking liberal....

TXL
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:44:09 AM EST

Originally Posted By TxLewis:

SGtar15

bullshit on that. You guys have seen me in my BMW. Know any liberal yuppie scum that will get their BMW off road like I will.

TXL

I didn't say you, I said him. I love BWMs. But when I saw this topic I was not surprised by who the author was.

I like you Tex!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:45:30 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/12/2004 8:45:59 AM EST by thelastgunslinger]

SGtar15

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:47:43 AM EST
Just further proof that women like cars, jewelry, and money... not men.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:50:29 AM EST

Originally Posted By TxLewis:

SGtar15

TXL

Me too. I have a BMW and I'm definitely not liberal or yuppie.

I will admit to being scum though.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:07:09 PM EST

SGtar15

Hmmm is that cause or effect?

I like owning one of the fastest, best handling cars ever made.

I know you have to get your ribbing in on me Sarge, but I don't really get it on this time. Maybe you're jealous???
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:12:51 PM EST
You need a car to get sex?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:15:17 PM EST

A Ferrari? Lambo? Porsche? Jaguar? Corvette?

Was your criteria top 1000 fastest/best handling? Or top 500? Or what?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:18:07 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/12/2004 12:18:58 PM EST by KUpolo]

Originally Posted By SHIVAN:

I own a '97 M3. Car and Driver named it "The Best Handling Car at Any Price" that year. It was run in a handling test against the Ferrari 355, Porsche 911 (993), Porsche Boxter, Chevy Corvette, Dodge Viper, and Acura NSX.

Notice I didn't say THE best, I said ONE OF the best. This accounts for personal taste I suppose
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:22:16 PM EST
Once upon a time there was a mouse and an elephant. The two lived in the jungle and they were best friends. One day they were walking along and the elephant fell into a huge hole and was unable to climb out. The mouse yelled down to his buddy to hang on, that he had an idea and would be right back.

About 5 minutes later he came back with his brand new BMW and a rope. He threw the rope down and told the elephant to tie it around himself while he tied the other end to his BMW. He then slowly pulled the elephant out of the hole and saved his life. The elephant was very grateful for his friend and his new BMW.

A few days later they were out on a walk again and this time the mouse fell down a big hole and couldn't climb out. The elephant calmly walked over, pulled out his dick and threw it down the hole. The mouse then scurried up the elephants dick and out of the hole to safety. Now they had both saved each others life and both were grateful that they had such a good friend.

And what is the moral of the story you might ask? If you have a big dick you don't need a BMW.

Thank you, I'll be here all week.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:26:01 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/12/2004 12:26:31 PM EST by KUpolo]

Originally Posted By TheTacticalSolution:
Once upon a time there was a mouse and an elephant. The two lived in the jungle and they were best friends. One day they were walking along and the elephant fell into a huge hole and was unable to climb out. The mouse yelled down to his buddy to hang on, that he had an idea and would be right back.

About 5 minutes later he came back with his brand new BMW and a rope. He threw the rope down and told the elephant to tie it around himself while he tied the other end to his BMW. He then slowly pulled the elephant out of the hole and saved his life. The elephant was very grateful for his friend and his new BMW.

A few days later they were out on a walk again and this time the mouse fell down a big hole and couldn't climb out. The elephant calmly walked over, pulled out his dick and threw it down the hole. The mouse then scurried up the elephants dick and out of the hole to safety. Now they had both saved each others life and both were grateful that they had such a good friend.

And what is the moral of the story you might ask? If you have a big dick you don't need a BMW.

I've heard that one before except it had a Corvette instead of a Bimmer. A big dick won't get you around a racetrack quickly will it?

Here's a link to the Car & Driver article
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:26:42 PM EST
Nice.
{hijack} Btw, elephants have huge ones. I saw it once on a trials of life video. Freaky. {/hijack}

Originally Posted By TheTacticalSolution:

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:28:25 PM EST
I drive an Audi, that's second place
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:30:00 PM EST
Take your car to the track a lot do you?

I've heard that one before except it had a Corvette instead of a Bimmer. A big dick won't get you around a racetrack quickly will it?

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:32:26 PM EST

I heard that Jeep Grand Cherokees perform and handle like a sports car.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:33:27 PM EST

I own a '97 M3. Car and Driver named it "The Best Handling Car at Any Price" that year. It was run in a handling test against the Ferrari 355, Porsche 911 (993), Porsche Boxter, Chevy Corvette, Dodge Viper, and Acura NSX.

Notice I didn't say THE best, I said ONE OF the best. This accounts for personal taste I suppose

So now we have the 996, the Modena, the Boxter S, the C5, & the newest Viper. A 97 M3 with 240 awe inspiring HP.......hell the newest Altima can match that.......

Subjective testing and analysis.

OK, so BMW guys take what they can to make their arguments. So I see that we were talking "one of the fastest cars since the wheel was invented and one of the best handling since Macpherson struts made their mark........."

Got it........thanks.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:38:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By JimTh:
Take your car to the track a lot do you?

thelastgunslinger (although he probably won't admit it on this forum ) knows me. He drives a 525, ask him if I ever take my car to the track. I've also got some pics from last week if you'd like to see them.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:39:46 PM EST
Cars are a huge waste of money, especially nice ones. Cars are not an investment, they have high initial costs, depreciate quickly, and are expensive to operate. Just how much you are willing to throw away depends on you and your disposable income. Anyone functioning in the economy has to have some automotive budget.

I'm not a prude here, as my current vehicles are not beaters, but it's always interesting to see people fight for automotive bragging rights, when the basic method of moving up the hierarchy is spending more money.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:43:14 PM EST

So now we have the 996, the Modena, the Boxter S, the C5, & the newest Viper. A 97 M3 with 240 awe inspiring HP.......hell the newest Altima can match that.......

OK, so BMW guys take what they can to make their arguments. So I see that we were talking "one of the fastest cars since the wheel was invented and one of the best handling since Macpherson struts made their mark........."

Got it........thanks.

Handling is much more important than horsepower on a curvy track. That is where speed comes from. Many of the guys that club race in the BMWCCA prefer the e36 M3 over the newer ones because the handling is BETTER.

Whatever, I doubt you've ever driven one. BTW, what do you drive?

FYI Corvette is on C6 now.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:45:07 PM EST

Cars are a huge waste of money, especially nice ones. Cars are not an investment, they have high initial costs, depreciate quickly, and are expensive to operate. Just how much you are willing to throw away depends on you and your disposable income. Anyone functioning in the economy has to have some automotive budget.

I'm not a prude here, as my current vehicles are not beaters, but it's always interesting to see people fight for automotive bragging rights, when the basic method of moving up the hierarchy is spending more money.

Ehhh, you get this with any hobby. To each his own. I bought my Bimmer as a six year old car. It has depriciated maybe $1,000 and I've put 20,000 miles on it. Beats the hell out of the new Civic I could've bought for the same price.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:45:31 PM EST
way i see it if spending a lot of money on a car makes you happy then knock yourself out.

i make enough money to drive a $45k car if i wanted to but I'd rather save the money for things that matter to me like houses and retiring early. so i drive a 10 year old shitbox that gets good gas milage.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:53:35 PM EST

Ehhh, you get this with any hobby. To each his own. I bought my Bimmer as a six year old car. It has depriciated maybe $1,000 and I've put 20,000 miles on it. Beats the hell out of the new Civic I could've bought for the same price.

Of course, but as a hobbiest, the dollars are exchanged for fun more than the need for transportation. For most people, the money is tossed right out the window in an effort to keep up with the Jonses. I've got my own expensive sport, for which I'm flying to Hawaii for a week shortly. The fact is that I see the cash outlay as a cost of the sport.

You would be hard pressed to tell me that most buyers of M cars (et al) track them. Most will simply withhold their statistics until such time as it's necessary to show another where they live on the financial scale.

It doesn't bother me when rich guys buy this type of thing, but I've got many co-workers who volunteer to put their family in debt another X years just to have the latest SUV/Minivan/Sportscar, when their old one was FAR from dead. The bright side of this is that the used market is pretty good...
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:36:36 PM EST
Ach nein, www.michiganvw.org/members/audisport400086400001.jpg ist mein Auto (1986 Audi 4000CS, with 100hp, and a manual). It actually is, and I beat everyone in that servey.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:04:05 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/12/2004 2:04:43 PM EST by SHIVAN]

Got it........thanks.

Handling is much more important than horsepower on a curvy track. That is where speed comes from. Many of the guys that club race in the BMWCCA prefer the e36 M3 over the newer ones because the handling is BETTER.

Do try and keep up. I have driven quite a few hours in a modified e36 with Schnitzer and Dinan parts...as well as a modified e30 325is with the full e30 M treatment {body cladding, mirrors, suspension pieces, brake coolers, etc} to go with the Schrick cams, Fiske wheels and Toyo Proxies. A 2500lb car with nearly 50/50 weight balance and nearly 220hp is quite the little track demon at Summit Point.

In your very own "proof article" the Viper, Ferrari, Carrera, and Supra all beat the M3 on the track so please spare us all that other bullshit....the M3 beat the C4 Vette, Boxster {not S}, and the NSX.

I drive a Ford F-150 4x4....well some days.

FYI....

"As the sixth-generation of an American legend, the 2005 Corvette (C6) has big shoes to fill. The previous model set new standards for performance and refinement that left little room for improvement, but the Corvette's engineering team looks to have raised the bar once again."
Future 2005 Corvette Thread

I haven't seen one being sold yet........I'm sure there are some available to car rags and folks around Detroit, but not mainstream yet.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:09:14 PM EST
Oh and don't get me wrong the e36 M3 is one of my very favorite cars....I'd like to buy a used Dinan S/C'ed one for a track car when my disposable income reaches the point where flipping my "toy car" is no sweat.

Either that or a last model RX7 R1.....

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:10:12 PM EST

Originally Posted By achmeinaugen:
Ach nein, www.michiganvw.org/members/audisport400086400001.jpg ist mein Auto (1986 Audi 4000CS, with 100hp, and a manual). It actually is, and I beat everyone in that servey.

Very nice! I have a friend that used to have one of those. He drove it into the ground.

Here's mine:

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:11:18 PM EST

Got it........thanks.

'04 Corvette is still a C5. Later this year is when the '05 C6s begin delivery. In other words, you cannot currently aquire a C6, making the "now" Corvette a C5.

Depending on the tightness of the road course, I would say handling is equally as important as horsepower and torque. The tighter the track, the more it swings in the favor of handling. Anything with medium-to-long straights, though, and the HP/TQ will eat you up.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:33:01 PM EST

Originally Posted By chuckhammer:

'04 Corvette is still a C5. Later this year is when the '05 C6s begin delivery. In other words, you cannot currently aquire a C6, making the "now" Corvette a C5.

Depending on the tightness of the road course, I would say handling is equally as important as horsepower and torque. The tighter the track, the more it swings in the favor of handling. Anything with medium-to-long straights, though, and the HP/TQ will eat you up.

I stand corrected. I thought that shipments of the C6 were already headed to dealerships.

And you are correct about hp versus handling, but handling is much more fun IMO.
Top Top