Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2003 5:19:53 PM EDT
story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20031122/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_goodbye_m_16_1

Got this link from the AR15 home page. I was always wondering when this would happen. Even though there is plenty of hardware the feds can use against us, (if we would have to fight for the 2nd ammend.), the common denominator was that we still had an in for a military soldiers weapon...the M16.
When the machine gun law of 86 went into effect, I knew at some point we would sag behind in primary small arms. It seems that time is nigh and it really pisses me off. Another catagory of weapon is coming out and we can't touch it. You know damn well this was the agenda. Bastards!
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:25:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Well if we will have Class III on the second day of the revolution, guess what else we will have.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:27:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Old news. The OCIW program has been plagued with problems and the rifle is way too heavy to be fielded in its present form. It still uses a 5.56 projectile. I have an AK anyway![:D]
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:31:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Old news. The OCIW program has been plagued with problems and the rifle is way too heavy to be fielded in its present form. It still uses a 5.56 projectile. I have an AK anyway![:D]
View Quote

well, that is true, but anything fielded now is off limits to us...legally anyway. Thats my major bitch...I want to play with that stuff...[:)]...and eventually...some cool buzz guns will be out that we can't touch.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:46:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Dude, it doesnt have to be US gear, and certainly you can use obsolete gear anyway. It is common around the world for militias to use elderly equipment.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 6:11:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Imagine this little dream scenario:
The SCOTUS finally makes a favorable 2nd ruling and all gun laws get challenged and fall.
The CMP starts selling M16s when they change over.[beer]
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 6:28:12 PM EDT
[#6]
As long as they can be relied upon to supply the ammunition, it won't matter if our weapons are single-shot and coal-fired.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 6:36:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Story is full of errors.

Look at what is writtrn here and by whom.

B.S.

Link Posted: 11/24/2003 6:37:33 PM EDT
[#8]
The thing that would really get those who fight against the .gov and .mil would be all those soldiers walking around with NVG's... no way to compete with that without having your own NVG's.

Link Posted: 11/24/2003 6:39:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well if we will have Class III on the second day of the revolution, guess what else we will have.
View Quote

.... Sheeeeit, in any case I'd use that OCIW for firewood!
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#10]
In the event of a second revolution, it wouldn't be hard to set up an ambush, post a few shooters with accurate bolt guns and a few decoys to stop a patrol and you could have a whole fire teams worth of the latest usgi equipment. And a hummer too.

Its is very plain to see that the US military does not know how to win a gorilla war.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:02:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

When the machine gun law of 86 went into effect, I knew at some point we would sag behind in primary small arms. It seems that time is nigh and it really pisses me off. Another catagory of weapon is coming out and we can't touch it. You know damn well this was the agenda. Bastards!
View Quote

Two points:

1)I don't want the OICW, or the XM-8.
2)If the S ever really HTF, 1/4 of the guys here would be out with M1s or Mauser bolt actions.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:11:36 PM EDT
[#12]
war is not a on-line video game

there is a little thing called the "spoils of war".  [;)]
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:34:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Its is very plain to see that the US military does not know how to win a [s]gorilla[/s] war.
View Quote

[red]guerrilla[/red]

Sorry....I got this bad mental picture of a bunch of big furry apes running around with AKs....wait....that woulda been like the videos of bulletfest.  [:D]  j/k, of course.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 3:05:34 PM EDT
[#14]
[LOLabove]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 3:27:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 3:42:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, it will be a while...

Even if the military addopts that fugly HK weapon, it's still a 5.56mm gun firing out of a 14-24" barrel... It's the wheel (AR) re-invented...

So unless you abso-lutely must own exactly what's in service (whenever), there's nothing to worry about...

Chances are, the M16 (with equivalent optics)will be a better weapon (no gas piston, for one) than whatever the XM-8 becomes...
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 5:02:38 PM EDT
[#17]
You guys forget.  If this happens at least half of the military will be on our side.  Beside don't you know where your local NG base or depot is?  
Can you say "Storm the Bastille!".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top