Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 9:20:42 PM EDT
What if the VP debate had gone to the point where the 2 candidates threw down.  I am pretty sure we are all in agreement that VP Cheney would have mopped the floor with Sen Edwards.  My question is how do YOU think it would it go down? give us some play by play.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:22:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Edwards would've taken a dive and had a lawsuit filed before he hit the floor.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:22:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Cheney would knock him out in 9 seconds then fall over dead of a heart attack.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:24:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Good one HABU!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:24:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Cheney would have tazzed him, pepper sprayed him, kicked him in the nuts, took his wallet and pissed on him while Edwards writhed in agony.  Just like he figuratively did during the debate.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:26:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't underestimate "Old Man Strength".  It wouldn't have been much of a fight, just Edwards hitting the floor.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:31:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Cheney strikes me as a guy with a not so subtle mean streak. I think he understands that if you find yourself in a fair fight, your plan was flawed. He's the kind of guy that will see you get what's coming to you one way or another.
Cheney knows his physical limitations. He's not a healthy man. He'd job it out but be present to see it and Edwards would end up f'd up.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:35:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Cheney would have choked him using the dark side of the force.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:50:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Bingo
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:00:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:42:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
With all that Halliburton money?

Cheney would hire someone to kick Edward's ass. Mebbe throw acid in that pretty boy mug.

"Oh my face, my beautiful face, what have you done?!?!"
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:57:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Cheney would have glanced up to the rafters, murmured a code word into his lapel....

....and a dime sized hole would have appeared in the center Edwards' forehead.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:59:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Cheney would have glanced up to the rafters, murmured a code word into his lapel....

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:01:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:04:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

That was my first thought.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:32:57 AM EDT
[#15]
DING,DING, DING,DING, we have a winner.  Do you think the Secret Service would EVER allow the Vice President of the United States to be attacked by ANYONE?  Hell no!  Whoever was stupid enough to try, would end up very dead, very quickly.

But realistically, as both men have secret service security, their respective teams would quickly have seperated the men and arrested Edwards for attacking the VP.  

Really, Cheney is quite smart and he would not have allowed himself to be perceived as the aggressor.  So if such a physical altercation erupted, it would be Edwards who lost it and attacked, allowing a clear prosecution and the end of Edwards and Kerry's presidential aspirations.

"Kachi wa saya no naka ni ari"  (Victory comes while the sword is still in the scabbard).  A good tactician arranges matters such that victory is assured before the sword is drawn or even such that the sword need never be drawn because the opponent knows he or she is defeated and gives up.

In this scenario, Cheney wins it all simply by being seen as the defender who is attacked by a hothead.  He need never throw a punch, in fact it is better if he merely defends himself credibly for the second it takes the Secret Service to get there.

Of course this is purely hypothetical B.S. because neither of these men are stupid enough to get that out of control on camera.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:08:20 AM EDT
[#16]
with the answers from Kill-9 and Cincinnatus i blew my morning drink all over my lap top. i'm not the most swift with a great one line comebacks, guess that is why i'd never make the great debate. as a programmer, i'm better.
be well
maxwell
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:21:04 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Cheney wouldn't have to...Karl Rove would be standing offstage make that happen..You know Karl Rove, aka. Randall Flagg, The Walkin' Dude.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:29:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I was waiting for it to happen! Cheney verbally slapped Edwards several times, if only Edwards would have made a move at the VP. . . .
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:43:26 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

you should know by now that Cheney died 20 years ago.  Every time he short circuits they take him to the 200th basement level in the Pentagon and rebuild him from spare parts.

I'd rather they had the Vice-Off take a spin off the continuous mud-slinging and give Cheney a fifth of Bourbon and Edwards a line of Cocaine.

Last man standing wins.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top