Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2007 7:06:44 AM EDT
Some city official down here was out cruising businesses the other day looking for violations when he came across Sandys Soup Kitchen. It seems Sandys did not have the equal amounts of parking spaces as seating capacity in the establishment. A clear violation. A shutdown was ordered!!! After contacting Sandy, it was soon discovered that Sandys really IS a soup kitchen FOR THE HOMELESS and most of its patrons didn't have cars anyway!!!!!

No link, sorry. I just heard it on the news and thought it was funny!!!  
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 7:08:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Isn't that about par for the course...
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 7:12:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Isn't that about par for the course...

Not much surprises me anymore. LOL
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 7:15:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Parking spaces have to equal seating capacity? I wish! Hell, I can never find a spot at most of the places I go eat.
More mental brilliance from city gov't.s!

Link Posted: 1/3/2007 7:31:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Parking spaces have to equal seating capacity? I wish! Hell, I can never find a spot at most of the places I go eat.
More mental brilliance from city gov't.s!

The same official failed to notice they were in compliance with the appropriate number of shopping cart spots. However, they are now trying to detemine if enough of these spots are designated for the handicaped.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 7:33:33 AM EDT
[#5]
de de dee.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 7:34:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Fucking government.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 7:39:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Fucking government.

I know. Sometimes all you can do is laugh at them.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 7:39:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Just think... that jackoff has to get up every day and look in the mirror and realize he'll never be anything except some schmuck who drives around and interferes with other people's business.

On the other hand, he's probably rolling in the dough...
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 7:40:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 1/3/2007 7:48:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Just think... that jackoff has to get up every day and look in the mirror and realize he'll never be anything except some schmuck who drives around and interferes with other people's business.

On the other hand, he's probably rolling in the dough...  And he gets more days off than you do.

There, how's that for rubbing some salt in the wound.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 10:33:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

On the other hand, he's probably rolling in the dough...  And he gets more days off than you do.

There, how's that for rubbing some salt in the wound.

Ouch.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 10:38:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It seems Sandys did not have the equal amounts of parking spaces as seating capacity in the establishment.

That's a rule where you live?

What old biddy came up with that idea?
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 10:48:22 AM EDT
[#13]
www.baynews9.com/content/36/2007/1/3/211972.html?title=Shelter+shutdown

It's unusually quiet at Suncoast Haven of Rest rescue mission.

Normally, morning finds volunteers serving free breakfast to about 40 homeless people. But the city shut down the facility Tuesday citing a shortage of parking spaces. A Pinellas Park city official delivered the news to church volunteers.

Pinellas Park city code classifies the non-profit as a cafeteria that requires a certain number of parking spaces based on the number of chairs inside. Church officials called the move a legal sledgehammer because their clients, who are homeless, don't own cars.

Still, the church said it has to obey the city and send the homeless somewhere else.

"A hundred people got to eat somewhere," Tom Mitchell of the rescue mission said. "Some of them, I guess, can find other resources. If you're working day labor, if you're lucky you can get $38-50 dollars at the end of the day.

"If you're spending it for a motel and trying to eat and maintain your clothes and your laundry, it's tight. I don't see how they can climb out of it."

Mitchell added he's only received one complaint about parking in the past 10 years. Church officials are asking the city of Pinellas Park to use common sense. They said only some of their staff and volunteers have cars.

There'll be a hearing on the issue in about two weeks.

Link Posted: 1/3/2007 10:49:21 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
de de dee.

That's the truth.

(and exactly what he'd say, too.)
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 10:52:15 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
www.baynews9.com/content/36/2007/1/3/211972.html?title=Shelter+shutdown

It's unusually quiet at Suncoast Haven of Rest rescue mission.

Normally, morning finds volunteers serving free breakfast to about 40 homeless people. But the city shut down the facility Tuesday citing a shortage of parking spaces. A Pinellas Park city official delivered the news to church volunteers.

Pinellas Park city code classifies the non-profit as a cafeteria that requires a certain number of parking spaces based on the number of chairs inside. Church officials called the move a legal sledgehammer because their clients, who are homeless, don't own cars.

Still, the church said it has to obey the city and send the homeless somewhere else.

"A hundred people got to eat somewhere," Tom Mitchell of the rescue mission said. "Some of them, I guess, can find other resources. If you're working day labor, if you're lucky you can get $38-50 dollars at the end of the day.

"If you're spending it for a motel and trying to eat and maintain your clothes and your laundry, it's tight. I don't see how they can climb out of it."

Mitchell added he's only received one complaint about parking in the past 10 years. Church officials are asking the city of Pinellas Park to use common sense. They said only some of their staff and volunteers have cars.

There'll be a hearing on the issue in about two weeks.

What a dumbass

Oh, and your avatar rocks!
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 10:52:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Tagged for hearing results.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 10:54:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Stupid ass Pinellas Park. I had to get a permit to replace the old broken fence when I moved in my house.

Link Posted: 1/3/2007 10:56:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks Brian.

I'll post results as I find them. I kinda feel bad for making the jokes now.

This has got to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 11:03:12 AM EDT
[#19]
The only reason this kind of despot, bureaucrats are still walking around is because it is illegal to do great bodily harm to them.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 11:11:39 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The only reason this kind of despot, bureaucrats are still walking around is because it is illegal to do great bodily harm to them.

I was about to go out and looking for a new place to live. I can now scratch Pinellas Park off my list of areas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top