Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2016 6:30:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:32:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:42:20 PM EDT
WOW. I never thought in my life time one of Fifi's brothers would fly again!
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:55:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/23/2016 6:56:31 PM EDT by FlyingGorilla]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Howie_Phelterbush:
View Quote

I'm still bummed about the other two B-29s saved from the bombing range at china Lake that were destroyed when they hangar they were stored in a the Barstow-Daggett airport burned back in July 1987.  Without that fire we could be looking at three B-29s rescued from China Lake having restorations completed instead of just Doc.  As it is we are lucky that Doc was pulled out to be used as a movie prop and wasn't at the airport when the fire took place.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 11:15:51 AM EDT
Originally Posted By FlyingGorilla:

I'm still bummed about the other two B-29s saved from the bombing range at china Lake that were destroyed when they hangar they were stored in a the Barstow-Daggett airport burned back in July 1987.  Without that fire we could be looking at three B-29s rescued from China Lake having restorations completed instead of just Doc.  As it is we are lucky that Doc was pulled out to be used as a movie prop and wasn't at the airport when the fire took place.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Plus the one that burned up in Greenland.  All that work, and it was a simple gas hose that got it destroyed.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 8:09:10 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Merlin:

Plus the one that burned up in Greenland.  All that work, and it was a simple gas hose that got it destroyed.    
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Merlin:

KEE BIRD is a very sad story, too.  Especially the mechanic who literally worked himself to death to get her into shape to be ready for the ferry hop to Thule.
Top Top