Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:32:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#2]
WOW. I never thought in my life time one of Fifi's brothers would fly again!
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm still bummed about the other two B-29s saved from the bombing range at china Lake that were destroyed when they hangar they were stored in a the Barstow-Daggett airport burned back in July 1987.  Without that fire we could be looking at three B-29s rescued from China Lake having restorations completed instead of just Doc.  As it is we are lucky that Doc was pulled out to be used as a movie prop and wasn't at the airport when the fire took place.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 11:15:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm still bummed about the other two B-29s saved from the bombing range at china Lake that were destroyed when they hangar they were stored in a the Barstow-Daggett airport burned back in July 1987.  Without that fire we could be looking at three B-29s rescued from China Lake having restorations completed instead of just Doc.  As it is we are lucky that Doc was pulled out to be used as a movie prop and wasn't at the airport when the fire took place.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus the one that burned up in Greenland.  All that work, and it was a simple gas hose that got it destroyed.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 8:09:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Plus the one that burned up in Greenland.  All that work, and it was a simple gas hose that got it destroyed.    
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

KEE BIRD is a very sad story, too.  Especially the mechanic who literally worked himself to death to get her into shape to be ready for the ferry hop to Thule.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top