Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2005 4:07:00 AM EDT
Just wanted to let y'all know that things are proceding well.  His moving truck will be there on the 5th, which is when his journey to the free state of AZ begins.  We speak almost daily and, while he has the expected anxiety over a move that involves leaving everything he has ever known to fall into the trust of a complete stranger, he seems positive.  Unfortunately, packing everything up is taking quite a toll on him, which is understandable given his medical issues.  By the time he is settled in, I foresee him sleeping for a few days straight, LOL.  

I figure a full seven days for him to get here, barring any emergencies or vehicle problems, so that would put him here around the 12th or so.    

Looks like I have also secured him a one bedroom apartment for when he is ready, and he is stoked about that - after all, living with another is uncomfortable, and the owners of my property are giving him a great break on the rent...  So much so that even a part time gig for 7 or 8 bucks an hour would easily pay the bills.  It ain't a mansion, but it does have all brand new carpet, ceramic tile, countertops, hood vent, tub and ceramic tile shower surround, and mini-blinds.  I know, because I am the one remodeling it.  It is roughly the same size as the one he is leaving, and I'm sure the autonomy alone will brighten his spirits as a fresh start emerges.  

I do want to say this:  To say I was hesitant to open my home to a stranger would be a drastic understatement.  However, after talking with John as I have been, I have to tell you all what a great guy he is!  I started off by trying to do the Christian thing (or, for you PC types, the right thing), and I think I have met a life-long friend in John.  Rarely do I get the pleasure to speak to a man with convictions such as his, and his positive attitude is inspiring, to say the least.  While I know plenty of people that, had they been in his situation, would have given up and begged for sympathy, John will have none of that.  If we had more people willing to bust their ass to get back on their feet like he has, welfare would be a thing of the past recorded in the American anals of history as a blight on society and a temptation to freeload.  I shit you not, the man could write a book on inspiration.  

Anywho, please keep him in your prayers as he makes the trek.  We need his car to function, and for his safety to be first and foremost.  If you do not believe in prayer, please have a good thought for him to project into the midst of all that COULD go wrong, but will not if the faith is strong enough.  

Once he gets here and gets settled, I'll post a thread announcing the one who bribed me the most winner of the rifle and asking for opinions on what to do with any (IF any) excess funds.  

Once again, my most sincere appreciation for all of you; your thoughts and prayers; your financial contributions; your well wishes; and all of the wonderful, thoughtful, positive IMs and emails I have recieved in support of this endeavor.  Your reward awaits you, ladies and gentlemen.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:15:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:15:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Good on you and good luck for John.

ETA:  I was going to work on getting you a sainthood for this.  But it turns out there's some requirement for the person to preform two miricals, plus it's a grip of paperwork.  So instead I will stick with being humbled that there are people like you in the world, so willing to help their fellow gun nut man.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:32:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Good on you and good luck for John.

ETA:  I was going to work on getting you a sainthood for this.  But it turns out there's some requirement for the person to preform two miricals, plus it's a grip of paperwork.  So instead I will stick with being humbled that there are people like you in the world, so willing to help their fellow gun nut man.

2 miracles?

I am a member of the AZHTF and haven't had my account locked in the year plus I've been here.  That's one, at least!  

Oh, IBTL...  LOL!!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top