Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2001 2:24:22 PM EDT
I Emailed antiUSSA concerning the events that have taken place over the last few days. I was one of those that was getting on Tim pretty hard of late, and the reasons I was so angry have turned out to be false. Therefore I have emailed him and apologized for my recent posts concerning him. I had been sent several emails from several members regarding some posts and topics which had been deleted, and those emails informed me that Tim was responsible. HE WAS NOT !!!  The information was false and was meant to mislead me and to get me to "pile on" and as we all know, IT WORKED !! As I told Tim, I sometimes fly off the handle without thinking, and should have tried to verify the accusations before I started in on Tim. If any of you are sent any type of info that implicates another member or a moderator, I strongly urge you to verify the accusations first, before you act.
I would urge all members to take a few steps back and realize what we have here and take into consideration what those that run this place do for us all. I am very opinionated and very stubborn when it comes to the things I hold dear, like our rights, freedom and our great country. However in the future I will save my anger for those who truly deserve it.
SPECTRE

BTW, I have decided not to post the info on those who sent the emails at this time. I feel that it would only make things worse and further divide the boards.

Link Posted: 10/25/2001 2:43:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 3:13:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 3:30:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That's why when someone else gets a post deleted or edited I just consider it none of my business. It's between the person who posted it and the person that edited it or locked it.

Personally, the "Why did so and so's thread get locked" spin off threads kinda of irritate me. If it's not my thread it's none of business as far as I'm concerned.

Speaking as a member, not a mod.
View Quote

Maybe if Mods would put one sentence of why the thread was locked, none of it would come up.  Just seems easy and fair to me.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 3:35:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's why when someone else gets a post deleted or edited I just consider it none of my business. It's between the person who posted it and the person that edited it or locked it.

Personally, the "Why did so and so's thread get locked" spin off threads kinda of irritate me. If it's not my thread it's none of business as far as I'm concerned.

Speaking as a member, not a mod.
View Quote

Maybe if Mods would put one sentence of why the thread was locked, none of it would come up.  Just seems easy and fair to me.
View Quote

this has been suggested several times, even in mod forum.  i do not know why this isn't being done.  seems only fair and respectful that the post locker or editor own up to his actions.

mods, this is a fair request.  how about it?
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 3:45:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Interesting that everyone is commenting about notification of locked or removed threads, but not on the apparent "setup" that this post is referring to.

Just thought that I would point this out...  [>:/]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 3:48:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Interesting that everyone is commenting about notification of locked or removed threads, but not on the apparent "setup" that this post is referring to.

Just thought that I would point this out...  [>:/]
View Quote

OK, sorry you were set up anti. I fall into the "I think everyone needs to lighten up" crowd.  Just trying to find ways to restore harmony.

I do think the point is still valid.  If the mods would put a statement that they locked it and why, no one would have blamed you in the first place.

Edited to add that I appreciate this site and all the hard work that Goatboy and the rest put into it.  That is why I think my sixty bucks a year is a bargain.  Just want to feel the love again. [:)]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 3:50:09 PM EDT
[#8]
That's really cool of you Spectre [beer]

We all make mistakes due to misinformation from time to time.

Brothers In Arms
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 3:51:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 3:56:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Personally, the "Why did so and so's thread get locked" spin off threads kinda of irritate me.
View Quote

Hmmm...perhaps a special folder just for those threads?

Link Posted: 10/25/2001 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#12]
my hat's off to you, spectre!
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 4:34:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 5:16:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Beer Slayer just for your reference in other post strings saying exactly what you said is referred to as "Calling him out" I guess is just depends upon who says it not what is said.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 6:55:59 PM EDT
[#15]
SPECTRE, it takes a big man to not only recognize he is wrong, but then publically admit it and apologize for it. You are a good man. We need more like you.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 6:59:52 PM EDT
[#16]
SPECTRE can you at least point out my lack of involvement. I already see anti searching for an angle.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 7:08:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 7:10:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
my hat's off to you, spectre!
View Quote

Why?

It is like a cop shooting an innocent man and then apologizing for causing pain.  

SPECTRE,

Why not post:

“I am a dumb-ass, I do not think before I act.”  

The damage is done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top