Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2008 6:29:16 AM EDT
Or alternately, the most fun you can have without breaking 75 mph solo:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzSOeXZYYis

This shows the logo of the CB160 racers, the racers themselves, and their race bikes.  This was filmed at Portland International Raceway, and the grass pit area that you see is referred to as "Dignity Village", named after a homeless camp in downtown Portland:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=moUUuMxbseU

This looks like a video shot from a race bike loaned to Mark Hoyer, who writes for Cycle World magazine.  They did a Le Mans start for this particular race.  My umbrella wife was the bike holder for the Cycle World bike.  I believe that the reason the video ends right in the middle of turn four, is because that's where Hoyer pitched it on the first lap:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_o07_Hg53U

Link Posted: 7/16/2008 9:13:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice

you spend alot of time on youtube dont ya?
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 3:03:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish they didn't block youtube here.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 2:12:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Very cool videos. I love the classic race weekends at Limerock Park. It brings out all the old iron and sheetmetal. I'd love to pick up a vintage bike but the budget director (Mrs) says I need to finish her new kitchen/family room before I put ANOTHER toy in the garage.

Keep posting KirkP, you're only going to get me in more trouble.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Keep posting KirkP, you're only going to get me in more trouble.

I don't think the trolls are going to appreciate you saying that.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 11:01:52 PM EDT
[#5]
This makes me really want to go fix my CB175...
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 11:43:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

...for a track bike.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:29:01 AM EDT
[#7]
That looks like a fun day at the track
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 2:03:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
That looks like a fun day at the track

Yup.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:36:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Time to charge the battery on the CL 350!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:10:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...for a track bike.  

That's the idea. Although it'd kill me a little inside to hack up something in such good original condition...And I suppose if I managed to make a race-conversion that was totally reversible to stock form, I'd have to cut some corners and end up being less competitive...
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 5:17:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

...for a track bike.  

That's the idea. Although it'd kill me a little inside to hack up something in such good original condition...And I suppose if I managed to make a race-conversion that was totally reversible to stock form, I'd have to cut some corners and end up being less competitive...

Well, you could always make a Cafe Racer type of track day bike without cutting it up.  Avon tires, Hagen shocks, modified exhaust, clip-ons, stuff like that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top