9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/29/2005 5:11:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/29/2005 5:12:40 AM EDT by thompsondd]
www.washtimes.com/world/20050929-121303-6619r.htm

An Islamic guide on how to beat your wife

By Isambard Wilkinson
LONDON DAILY TELEGRAPH
September 29, 2005

MADRID -- An imam who wrote a book on how to beat your wife without leaving marks on her body has been ordered by a judge in Spain to study the country's constitution.

The judge told Mohamed Kamal Mustafa, imam of a mosque in the southern resort of Fuengirola, to spend six months studying three articles of the constitution and the universal declaration of human rights.

Mr. Mustafa was sentenced to 15 months in jail and fined about $2,600 last year after being found guilty of inciting violence against women.

A judge released him after 22 days in jail on the condition that he undertake a re-education course.

The Spanish government has set up a commission to find ways for the Muslim community to regulate itself. A central recommendation is that imams speak Spanish and have a basic knowledge of human rights and Spanish law.

In his book "Women in Islam," published four years ago, Mr. Mustafa wrote that verbal warnings followed by a period of sexual inactivity could be used to discipline a disobedient wife.

If that failed, he argued that, according to Islamic law, beatings could be judiciously administered.

"The blows should be concentrated on the hands and feet using a rod that is thin and light so that it does not leave scars or bruises on the body," he wrote.

Mr. Mustafa's lessons, which he must pay for, will be taught by teachers from Malaga University.

According to La Vanguardia newspaper, he will have to study articles 10, 14 and 15 of the constitution. The first two address "the dignity of a person and inviolable rights" and states "all Spaniards are equal before the law."

The third one states "the moral and physical integrity of a person in no case can be submitted to torture nor inhuman or degrading punishments or treatment."

Religion of Peace......and spousal abuse.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:12:35 AM EDT
The funny thing is that the UN Human rights commision has most of those fuckers as members and has expelled the US.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:17:35 AM EDT
So, Spain is finding itself as it was before the Reconquista?

The Moors are back!

Wonder what the Arab word for Reconquista might be?

Eric The(WhereIsElCidWhenYouReallyNeedHim?)Hun
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:19:01 AM EDT
While spousal abuse transcends all classes, religions, cultures and ethnicities, it is reprehensible that a religious leader would write an instructional guide about it. Just another reason to introduce them to Jesus.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:22:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 4v50:
Just another reason to introduce them to Jesus.

I vote for a face-to-face intro.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:26:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By EricTheHun:

The Moors are back!

Reconquista Part Deux ????
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:32:43 AM EDT
I can do just fine on my own...
Dammit woman you burnt my TV dinner again.....

I am so kidding
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:32:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By thompsondd:

The Moors are back!

Reconquista Part Deux ????

It's like they forgot that it took eight centuries of warfare to kick them out last time.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:38:20 AM EDT
People are always doing evil things in the name of GOD. Been doin' it for thousands of years.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:42:05 AM EDT
Tip #4: The burqa: the wife beater's best friend
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:43:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By nefariousnick:
People are always doing evil things in the name of GOD. Been doin' it for thousands of years.

Not too many are doing it in the 21st century there, Nick.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:43:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/29/2005 5:44:11 AM EDT by PBIR]

People are always doing evil things in the name of GOD. falsely using God as an excuse to do evil things Been doin' it for thousands of years.

Reads more accurate this way.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:46:28 AM EDT

Which god is the question.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:50:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PBIR:

People are always doing evil things in the name of GOD. falsely using God as an excuse to do evil things Been doin' it for thousands of years.

Agreed...now lock me in a room with the filthy bugger...I'll show him what happens to men who hit women when women are taught how to fight back...
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:51:11 AM EDT

Know where the phrase "rule of thumb" comes from?

From Old English law that states that you can't beat your wife with a stick that is thicker than your thumb.

Want to take a guess when it became illegal in the United States to rape your wife?

July 5, 1993. Some states had laws on the books before this, but it was only 12 years ago that all 50 did.

In Texas, it was legal to shoot your wife for cheating on you until 1972.

We only have the higher moral ground here if you ignore most of our history.

I did try to Google information on when state prosecutors started going after men who beat their wives and couldn't find it, but I'd guess that it was within the last 80 years.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:51:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/29/2005 5:52:05 AM EDT by Sandman67]

The Moors are back!

It's Moops!!!

Sorry,...had a Seinfeld moment there
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:54:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/29/2005 5:55:59 AM EDT by cjl32]

www.washtimes.com/world/20050929-121303-6619r.htm

An Islamic guide on how to beat your wife

By Isambard Wilkinson
LONDON DAILY TELEGRAPH
September 29, 2005

MADRID

In his book "Women in Islam," published four years ago, Mr. Mustafa wrote that verbal warnings followed by a period of sexual inactivity could be used to discipline a disobedient wife.

That'l teach her.

I think of the "cut of your nose to spite your face" expression.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:12:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By pliftkl:

Why did we repeal that?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:04:52 AM EDT
DAMN......You can't rape your own wife anymore? WTF is this country comming too!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:08:42 AM EDT
Waiting for the book on how to beat a dumbass Imam:

"The blows should be concentrated on the hands and feet head using a rod that is thin and light hammer or ball bat so that it does not leave scars or bruises leaves numerous divots on the body head," he wrote.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:18:52 AM EDT

The Moors are back!

...From the creators of the Inquisition, nonetheless. I wouldn't do anything to piss them off. (like bombing their train system.

They need a bigger jolt of reality.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:20:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/29/2005 7:24:57 AM EDT by Max_Mike]

From Old English law that states that you can't beat your wife with a stick that is thicker than your thumb.

Want to take a guess when it became illegal in the United States to rape your wife?

July 5, 1993. Some states had laws on the books before this, but it was only 12 years ago that all 50 did.

I did try to Google information on when state prosecutors started going after men who beat their wives and couldn't find it, but I'd guess that it was within the last 80 years.

That is a patently stupid, ignorant, asinine, childish, moronic, ect., ect., ect., …

We are talking about TODAY… not history… what is relevant TODAY.

I am quite frankly more than a little fed up with idiots that want to excuse this type behavior based on what may or may not have happen in the past.

I am sick of apologist for barbaric behavior.

If you really think there is any moral equivalence in the way woman are or have been treated in the West (at its worst) verses Islamic cultures you simply don't know the history of either.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:29:34 AM EDT

Spain wants to repremand Muslims for wife-beating.

Well ain't THAT the pot calling the kettle black!

The Spanish "Machismo Culture" virtually celebrates wife-beating! They teach their young girls that if the man beats her, she must have deserved it. In the "machismo" culture which pervades from Mexico to Brazil to the Hispania-homeland Spain, a man isn't a "man" unless he's willing to smack his espousa around when she needs it.

Next thing you know, Spain will be chastising American cowboys for bullriding (as opposed to the more humane sport of torturing and slowly killing bulls with spears in the back to the roaring cheers of the Spanish crowds).

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:34:06 AM EDT

Wow, thanks for pointing that out! Now that I know, let the beatings continue!
Guess what? There used to be slaves in America too! Stop making weak excuses for your terrorist friends and run back to DU
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:46:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Max_Mike:

That is a patently stupid, ignorant, asinine, childish, moronic, ect., ect., ect., …

We are talking about TODAY… not history… what is relevant TODAY.

My point here is that you only have to go back 12 years to find states where it was 100% legal for a man to rape his wife. Go back 32 years and you can kill your wife for cheating. And this is just in the United States.

I'm not saying that beating your wife is wrong, but for someone to say "ROP - the religion of wife beating" is a little bit disingenuous considering our own very recent history.

I am quite frankly more than a little fed up with idiots that want to excuse this type behavior based on what may or may not have happen in the past.

Please quote me the place where I excused it. I'm merely pointing out that if we have the moral high ground here, we've only had it very recently.

What gets me fed up are the idiots who with no historical perspective decide to take the holier than thou attitude with Islam without any consideration to the historical or social context.

If you really think there is any moral equivalence in the way woman are or have been treated in the West (at its worst) verses Islamic cultures you simply don't know the history of either.

I don't think there's any doubt that women in Islamic cultures had substantially MORE rights than in the West at the foundation of Islam. The Koran specifically codified the rights of women at a time when women in Europe had essentially no rights at all. Islamic women were allowed to own property and had the right to divorce their husbands. Definitely not so in Europe.

Granted, Europe had added to women's rights substantially, but any form of real self determination for women occurred only at the beginning of the last century.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:46:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BenDover:

Which god is the question.

Hammer, meet nail . . . THUNK!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:49:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Atvar:
Wow, thanks for pointing that out! Now that I know, let the beatings continue!
Guess what? There used to be slaves in America too! Stop making weak excuses for your terrorist friends and run back to DU

Sorry, could you show me where I'm making an excuse for terrorists?

Nope. Sorry. You can't. Work on those reading comprehension skills there sport...
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:50:18 AM EDT
I prefer a phonebook and a bat, but that's just me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:52:45 AM EDT
Did they remember the rule of thumb?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:52:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Ineedhelp:
DAMN......You can't rape your own wife anymore? WTF is this country comming too!

Everything is so fucking PC now. I blame the damn tree huggers and PETA, etc.. *whine*
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:55:26 AM EDT

Go back to DU.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:56:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PlaymoreMinds:

Agreed...now lock me in a room with the filthy bugger...I'll show him what happens to men who hit women when women are taught how to fight back...

I'd pay money to see that.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:40:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PlaymoreMinds:

I'm with you
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:42:49 AM EDT
Those Imans are sooo funny! they make me laugh! [apu accent] when you wife has been very very unsubmissive, i suggest you stop sleeping with her, that will teach her who's boss[/apu accent] So some super smelly, ULTRA hairy fat bastard is gonna "punish" his wife by NOT sleeping with her??? Muslim Please!! it's gonna make her more "unsubmissive" in hopes that you stop sleeping with her altogether.

as to what ETH said about Spain and Muslim (moors) being back, well some of my family is from Spain And i found out my Grandmothers maiden name was "Matamoros", I'll give you 3 guesses what it's means*!

*Hint, in Spain a Bullfighter is called a 'Matador' which means Slayer of Bulls.
Top Top